The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I liked what Ives seen since he’s been back. Looked outta sorts at the start of the season. My opinion of course 

Looks like he benefited from the extra time to learn systems, skating, and practice with the team,  coming off an injury.  He looked awful in those first games

• Upvote 1

Just now, oldnews said:

beginning of the run to the playoffs (said it before the game, so :P)

all they needed was a couple days off....!:ph34r:

Quite the optimist. 

It would take a massive winning streak the likes we’ve never seen in a long long time. 

As gnarly as that would be I can’t say I am gonna set those expectations for the team as of now. 

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

he's mindful enough without the puck -  quick enough - and hounds the puck well enough...

I'm game to move Pearson.  I like him, but I suspect he's the next veteran they 'let go'.

Podkolzin might also fit well there.   That line could be a great prototypical '3rd' line' that plays bigger minutes (particularly once EP/the top line develops further).

In time I think Podkolzin could fill Miller's role on the top line. He brings similar qualities; hounds the puck, wins battles, good enough hockey sense (and passing ability) to play with good players. Could do alot of the dirty work for that line - like Miller does.

Could free up Miller to play with Horvat if need be.

If Pearson's open to a reasonable deal I'd take him back as a middle 6er, then move on from Jake. But I agree keeping him may not be in the cards.

9 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Play Jake down the middle.

I'm doubtful there has ever been a (natural) winger converted to a center - at the NHL level.  Can't think of any.  Often natural centers who are winger conversions early in their career that move back to center, but making a winger into a center at age 24....I'd struggle to think of an example of one.

And this team doesn't really need a center in the present - at least not when it's healthy.

Virtanen is a good option on Horvat's wing imo though.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Solid game for the Canucks so far. 

Yes as a Nucks fan we now celebrate all the little things... a good shift, a good save....a goal ! and a period where they come out with the lead. Cause next period could be a whole different story......

• Haha 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Quite the optimist. 

It would take a massive winning streak the likes we’ve never seen in a long long time. 

As gnarly as that would be I can’t say I am gonna set those expectations for the team as of now. 

Yes, let’s just hope that they can finish this one nicely. Baby steps.

• Vintage 1

Quite the optimist. 

those aren't expectations.  don't take that literally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Quite the optimist. 

Lol, massive is understatement if they ever go that streak...

Quite the optimist. 

I'd atleast like to see them get back to some sort of form, even if it's too little too late. Feel good going into next year.

Plus another high pick - meaning high end prospect on ELC - could be quite the boost to our lineup in a year or two.

• Cheers 1