The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

Pretty good games huh 

I like pretty good games 

we must be a pretty good team then if we’re playing pretty good games 

we must be winning a lot. 

Except that isn’t the case. We’re near the bottom 5 in the entire league in goal differential (-21) and in reality a pretty horrific record on the road and at home. 

if what green is saying was actually true then we’d be a pretty good team right now and winning  games on a more consistent basis. 

No Green were not a pretty good team, were a pretty average team, with good Players and bad systems/coaching. 

Edited by Setyoureyesontheprize
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2

3 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Sutter is having a decent year, but let's not forget, he is playing for his next contract. It's not like we haven't seen that movie before. And by the way, I'm not a hater.

He really struggled with injuries. Glad to see he’s seem to gotten past them now. I thought they ruined him forever but he looks good. Low risk deal would work, move on otherwise imo 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Not sure what you want him to say.

If he shows panic and urgency the opponents hone in on that.  I find these interviews painful and don't bother because they are just filling the voids for the most part.  Acting like he doesn't care in the media doesn't mean he doesn't care.  You want the guys in charge to have a composed, calm demeanour.  

It's called a poker face.  You don't have to gasp and shove all in when you have pocket aces...you pretend you have 7-2 offsuit.

I get not showing your cards to the media or public, but this guy rarely shows any emotion during the games. I've never been a hater, but it's getting old. This team needs passion, a sense of purpose. Green isn't inspiring it.

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

He really struggled with injuries. Glad to see he’s seem to gotten past them now. I thought they ruined him forever but he looks good. Low risk deal would work, move on otherwise imo 

I'm okay with signing him on a low risk deal, but I'm just saying that him, Marky, Loui and too many others have this all-world season prior to negotiating their next contract.

5 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I'm okay with signing him on a low risk deal, but I'm just saying that him, Marky, Loui and too many others have this all-world season prior to negotiating their next contract.

Marky had a couple pretty wicked seasons. Loui is the biggest head scratcher of all time. How he managed to be such a good player before the Canucks is beyond me 

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Hard to tell while he's wearing a mask though.  I see him get animated when the horrible calls are made (or missed).  I feel like there are bigger issues than Green right now, but I'm certainly no expert.  

I feel like a team needs to find that from within....I mean, you have guys like JT who obviously show that side of things.  Each player has to reach that level of frustration and show pride.  I'm not sure that's something you can coach.

And that's all true, but even from within, it isn't happening. I guess for me, I'd rather have a coach, leader, like Miller who actually shows emotion. IMO, that makes it clear to the fans that they actually care about being a competitive team.

54 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Now that you've mentioned it, I'm seriously wondering if this is something that Green holds dearly inside and uses against younger players because he never became the player he thought he'd be in the NHL. There seems to be a pattern where he doesn't allow a player to have the opportunity to give it all they got. And yeah, it's always on the player to take advantage of their situation, but, if someone is micro-managing you, then obviously it becomes another issue.

Drafted 23rd overall and was a scorer in the minors. Didn't look quite the same in the NHL but adapted his game a couple of times and became a really good player. 

970 NHL games!

455 NHL points.

I am quite sure he is not disappointed in his NHL career.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Sutter is having a decent year, but let's not forget, he is playing for his next contract. It's not like we haven't seen that movie before. And by the way, I'm not a hater.

he actually played ok last year too

1 minute ago, CupIsComing said:

Drafted 23rd overall and was a scorer in the minors. Didn't look quite the same in the NHL but adapted his game a couple of times and became a really good player. 

970 NHL games!

455 NHL points.

I am quite sure he is not disappointed in his NHL career.

Yeah, I know all that. Obviously he had a sold career. But he definitely wasn't the hot shot scorer that he was in the WHL. He's even admitted he got beat down my Al Arbour. All I'm saying is with what he went through, he probably has some lingering feelings and memories that he wished he could have done more. You telling me that you don't have any regrets? 

Sadly, the losing streak will continue ....that is unless they score the first goal...then they do have a slight chance of winning the game....SO if they score the first goal then yes they have a shot...otherwise it will be the JETs all the way.... sigh....