The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Lets see, a ifetime winning record and

team in a playoff position 

long record of success at the nhl level

our “coach” cant be named in the same league so I won’t 

We won this game,step in the right direction if u ask me

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Need a repeat of tonight tomorrow. Great team effort. Still in the playoff race. Not out of reach yet

Doubt they can repeat tomorrow, the score may be 4-0 tonight, but they didn't beat the goalie clean even for once.  Of course they won't be losing every game the rest of the way, there will be games like tonight in one out of every 2, 3 losses.  

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Need a repeat of tonight tomorrow. Great team effort. Still in the playoff race. Not out of reach yet

pretty much need these kind of efforts for the remainder of the season...

if the young guys catch fire - and the less compacted schedule comes around *(to benefit) - and they stay healthy - and avoid the inconsistency that has haunted them thus far....you never know.

for me - I just want to see solid efforts and a bit smarter hockey than what sunk them the first month.

not necessarily the most opportune season/timing - but would be nice to put some wrenches in the spokes of the other Canadian franchises (and wouldn't mind seeing this format again in 2 or 3 years....)

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

Dont mind Hamonic staying for cheap, we need defensive defensemen badly and he is one that can PK too. I wouldnt sign Edler though, since Joulevi seems ready to play more next season plus we can sign Tryamkin or Rathbone can make it next year.

Hughes-Tryamkin

Hamonic-Schmidt

Joulevi-Myers

Rathbone, Benn for depth.

Out: Edler and if Myers is exposed and taken, that 6 mil would be used for a much better D in a trade ie. Cernak from Tampa

I'm not betting on Tryamkin being a top 4 guy. Maybe bottom pair to start. He's been inconsistent in the KHL, nvm the NHL - for reference; Mikko Lehtonen was KHL D man of the year last year, & this year he's only played 9 games w/ <12 mins Avg TOI for Toronto.

I have more hope for Rathbone than Tryamkin.

Edler is still an important player, he can help mentor Rathbone/Juolevi. I'd bring both he & Hamonic back. The challenge will be finding time for both Juolevi & Rathbone if Myers remains a Canuck.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

Not so many "fire Green - fire Jim" fans in here tonight

Happy they won - thought they played a solid game - and finally Hogs gets on the score sheet

Enjoyed watching the game

Can we repeat it tomorrow?

Some good things happened tonight. Jake played on one line.........FOR THE WHOLE GAME!!! 

Green rolled all 4 lines and the team plays better when they do this. 

The "Mish Mash" scenario did not unfold this game. 

The 5 man units PLAYED like 5 man units. 

The players played like they actually cared and I actually seen the players talking to each other instead of yelling at each other. I think I seen some hitting and guys finishing checks as well.

#2 PP looked good, #1 PP still needs work.

Bo looks a little "off" still but at least his plus/minus did not take a beating this game. They were able to keep the opposition off of the score sheet.

Now lets see what they can do with some consistency. We are on a 1 game winning streak. Go Nucks Go! :towel:

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I dont consider Bo part of Sedins Era though, Horvat is part of the new core. I also think Rathbone should make the team next year as he has been really hot in the AHL. Plays a bit like Hughes but he is bigger and has better defense. Would be a solid defender on the 3rd pairing.

I do cause he somewhat emulates the same leadership style and I agree that Rathbone (or Pods) will perhaps be our fifth straight Calder candidate - amazing !

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Green Building said:

Yes for sure, he is an improved resurgent version of his rookie self.  

I'd like to throw an honourable mentioned out to Pearson as well. Early in the 1st he made a simple play where he kinda fake drove behind the net only to cut the dman off which freed the puck to pass behind and it led to possession and a scoring chance from the point.  

It was so subtle and smooth.

yeah him and bos chemistry is decent, might not do flashy plays and stuff, but he's solid out there for the most part

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

30 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

And Toronto's also up 3-0 on EDM...

Its a start

And that's the thing, who really knows? You've got to play the games. Geez, Toronto could be up 4-1 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd period of game 7 and lose in overtime. It has happened. Haha!

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I mean, I was advocating signing Benn to a one year extension to use as expansion fodder but I think Myers may be exposed. Dunno how I feel about that, Myers adds a useful skillset to our back end and is one of the few D who consistently pushes back physically (sometimes resulting in "big man bad for being physical with smaller players" penalties). But it seems like a fit, Hamonic likely doesn't wanna leave western Canada. 

Rathbone should be retained, I do not want to see him traded as I see him being an NHL regular and you need multiple D who can move the puck to be successful in today's game. Hughes and Schmidt don't make him redundant. 

I do think Edler comes back for at least one more season though. 

I agree on Edler, he still plays important minutes and sets a great example for young defensemen.

The way Rathbone is going he could see games this year. He might have the most upside of anyone besides Hughes, with his skating ability. Wonder if he could play the right side.

I'm mixed on Myers. I like having him but see an opportunity to get out from under the bad years of his contract. If we have Hamonic & Rathbone, plus an improved Juolevi, we might be alright. But he is a valuable player for us aswell.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1