The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Man, that was years go.

The game has gotten much faster since then. When you say "for a big man", this is where I get lost. 

Playing D in the NHL is a huge pressure cooker. I'm curious for sure but not hyped at all. He'd have to come here and blow a lot of people away.

We could definitely use more toughness but seriously, that wasn't a big part of his game.

the game has gotten much faster since Tryamkin was here?

seriously?

6 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Man, that was years go.

The game has gotten much faster since then. When you say "for a big man", this is where I get lost. 

Playing D in the NHL is a huge pressure cooker. I'm curious for sure but not hyped at all. He'd have to come here and blow a lot of people away.

We could definitely use more toughness but seriously, that wasn't a big part of his game.

This is very recent, uploaded on Feb 3rd. He's clearly willing to throw down when needed. Maybe the game has gotten faster, but you've gotta think that if he's been playing pro hockey since he left that he's likely improved as well no? 

I don't think people want him to so much blow them away, we're not expecting him to be Chara. I think fans just want someone who's willing to stand up for his teammates, who makes opponents think twice, while playing responsible D. He's not a high offensive guy, but not every player needs to be. 

Tram brings an element we're missing, he's not a guy players are going to want to go into a corner against or get in front of the net with. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

EvczfeZXIAIZ-DR?format=jpg&name=medium

If he did not hit those nine posts and instead went in, he would be further up the list but this will certainly be used by the Canucks when negotiating.  All kidding aside, what an amazing talent..

Edited by ShawnAntoski

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

This is very recent, uploaded on Feb 3rd. He's clearly willing to throw down when needed. Maybe the game has gotten faster, but you've gotta think that if he's been playing pro hockey since he left that he's likely improved as well no? 

I don't think people want him to so much blow them away, we're not expecting him to be Chara. I think fans just want someone who's willing to stand up for his teammates, who makes opponents think twice, while playing responsible D. He's not a high offensive guy, but not every player needs to be. 

Tram brings an element we're missing, he's not a guy players are going to want to go into a corner against or get in front of the net with. 

Notice Pedan in there?  I'd almost forgotten!

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

the game has gotten much faster since Tryamkin was here?

seriously?

Tryamkin's weakness has never been mobility or quickness. He is real quick and not just for a big guy. That's what I remember. Plus he has that 20' wing span. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Plus we didnt give him a fair shake, especially with Willy D as the head coach. Tryamkin is NHL ready, played in the NHL couple of years ago and he should be better than couple of years ago. People say the game has gotten faster yet we have Edler, Myers, Benn and Hamonic playing. We need to give Tryamkin a chance to sink or swim. Am just not sure Benning will sign him and will let him walk for free like many of our players this off season.

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

is that our old pedan too watching lol?

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Size, good skater, good puck skills.

I get why people like him - I like his skillset aswell - but Im not expecting him to be an answer for our defense. I'd like to see him try but walking into a top 4 role does seem hopeful. 

We keep giving virtanen a chance, 5 years now...so maybe give poor Tryamkin a shot for one year. 

11 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Ok you want Edler back but for how long he will play? 2 years? 3 years? until he is 40? Should we just have Rathbone in AHL for 2 to 3 more years when he can be NHL ready as soon as next year? Are we cup contenders now that you think Edler should be back to give us experience in playoffs? You have to look at the big picture, we need our prospects who are ready for NHL to be playing games in the NHL. Bringing back Edler, Hamonic, Benn and Myers locked up will just be the repeat of this season next year. I dont want to watch us miss the playoffs next season again with the same players. The team will never improve that way. 

Keeping Rathbone in the AHL to clean up the defensive side of his game won't hurt him.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

tryamkin skates well i dont care if hes a sloth out there if he beats people up and breaks their legs with hits we gold 

Edited by canuktravella

6 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

is that our old pedan too watching lol?

Likely, Pedan's been playing in the KHL for a few years now 

6 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Plus we didnt give him a fair shake, especially with Willy D as the head coach. Tryamkin is NHL ready, played in the NHL couple of years ago and he should be better than couple of years ago. People say the game has gotten faster yet we have Edler, Myers, Benn and Hamonic playing. We need to give Tryamkin a chance to sink or swim. Am just not sure Benning will sign him and will let him walk for free like many of our players this off season.

If Tryamkin is prepared to sign here he'll be signed, and I don't see why he wouldn't be given how he keeps tabs on the Canucks social's. I mean, look at his twitter background and who he follows. https://twitter.com/tryamkin94?lang=en

If he's willing to sign here, he will be signed regardless of who the GM is. Given JB drafted him you'd think he'll be all over it. Let's not let the Benning bashing get in the way of pretty simple facts. 

Edited by Coconuts

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Size, good skater, good puck skills.

I get why people like him - I like his skillset aswell - but Im not expecting him to be an answer for our defense. I'd like to see him try but walking into a top 4 role does seem hopeful. 

No,  Tryamkin isn’t the solution to the defensive core. Hell, even with the addition of Hughes and Juolevi the Canucks still need that top pairing, minute munching guy that can play in all situations. I love what those two bring to the table but we need a true presence back there once Eddie leaves which is sooner than later. Problem is those guys are hard to come by but good thing is there’s a couple in this years draft that can help that. Fingers crossed Jimbo comes in clutch this years draft.