The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

10 hours ago, oldnews said:

If you don't know when he was here last - how do you assess this alleged light speed evolution of the game since then?

You're really overestimating how much the game has allegedly changed in a few years.

KHL

vs 

NHL

He barely broke our squad while he was here. Basically forced himself onto the team by way of his agent notifying management that he will not report to the minors. Now you’re suggesting that playing 3 to 4 years in a league that might be slightly superior to the AHL suggests that he can come back to this league and contribute as a top 4 defender. I don’t see that as being a realistic expectation.

Edited by bad alice french
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But if someone offers him a crazy deal with term, do you want to match it? Say 3 years and $4.5 million per season?

Nope.... but still hope he finishes his career in Vancouver.

Regardless, Edler will be in the ring of honours, whether he finishes his career with Canucks or somewhere else... 

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But if someone offers him a crazy deal with term, do you want to match it? Say 3 years and $4.5 million per season?

At this point, I don't think the Canucks will offer Edler that kind of term.  He doesn't appear to want to play anywhere else, so I think he will accept their offer of one year contracts with NMC until his game is at a level where he can be replaced by Juolevi or another young player. Right now, he's a middle pairing dman and the team needs him.  He does a lot of heavy lifting for this team and is a stable influence on the youngins. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Schmidt has a knack of getting point shots through. We need more of this. 

Yesterday we simplified and threw pucks on the net from the point and tipped it in. 

Our first unit PP was disappointing but saved by 2nd unit just throwing the puck on net and getting a tip in. 

Maybe the need is to simplify the PP. Guys are overthinking it. With the pure natural talent on the top unit should, things should be easier than this. 

The trolls are too busy pretending to celebrate like they are fans of this team.

This win doesn't change my view about Green and his staff though, for now. This lack of consistency is on the players, as well as the coaching staff.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Schmidt has a knack of getting point shots through. We need more of this. 

Yesterday we simplified and threw pucks on the net from the point and tipped it in. 

Our first unit PP was disappointing but saved by 2nd unit just throwing the puck on net and getting a tip in. 

Maybe the need is to simplify the PP. Guys are overthinking it. With the pure natural talent on the top unit should, things should be easier than this. 

That’s what made us more successful last year. The second unit chipped in now and then. You need that especially when the first unit is struggling. Takes the pressure off a bit 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

The trolls are too busy pretending to celebrate like they are fans of this team.

This win doesn't change my view about Green and his staff though, for now. This lack of consistency is on the players, as well as the coaching staff.

I enjoy the wins a lot but staying level headed is key. Lots of room to grow this team here.

Be interesting to see what they do from

here. People make fun of Greens “trending in the right direction” comments but they have played a hell of a lot better. It’s like they're season started on the Calgary series which sucks cause it might be too late.

There’s multiple reasons for this as they played so bad on that 6 games losing streak that  I feel the coaching and team as a whole all have a part in that 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Also funny how some ppl were freaking out about the rest days instead of practice. 

Nice that Green got rewarded with a solid effort from his players. 

Practice? We talking about practice?

tenor.gif?itemid=3557651

57 minutes ago, apollo said:

Canucks pummel and man handle a stacked team like the jets... 

Only 80 page gdt... Seems to me the trolls only come out to play when the team doesn't win :wacko:

you would be right

@combover

@Canucks2288

@vanucks59

... etc

too busy on HF putting their rebuttal together

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

The other thing is the cap was projected to increase ($2.5m or so?) and had the potential to rise to $88.2 million if the NHL Players’ Association maxed out the escalator clause in the collective bargaining agreement.

No one was expecting COVID to happen or the cap being set at $81.5m.   "It is what it is".

For sure.   And the ripple effect of this is going to go on for some time - as far as both RFAs and UFAs go.   Adding Seattle lightens the load by around 3%, which helps a little - but usually these guys end up with massive increases in salary - instead not so much with the exception of a handful of star players. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Edler, like the Sedins before him, won't want to go anywhere else.   JB had a cap on what he wanted to give Tanev (4 x 2?), and i'm sure he will also treat Edler  fairly.   Different scenario given the age difference.   But for sure he can still get 4 million somewhere.   It's not hard to look at how he's deployed now - no PP time - PKer, strong defensive applications against the top competition in the world, i would be surprised if he's making less then 4 next season - for us or anywhere else. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I think Canucks2288 is a fan, but not a fan of Green/Baumer.

Not the type of fan that makes us look good though right?  As fans we also have a responsibility to not riot, and act like spoiled brats when things don't go our way.   Spam is spam.  Letting the fan base know how you feel can be done in much more civil ways - Dumb Nuck uses humour - makes me laugh.   The Gaurdian did his best to lay out why - and made some good points (as the devils advocate).   I agreed with a lot of 189lbs said and for sure i'd like to see more of that style of not happy about things.  I'm glad we all don't agree on the same things - there are many shades of grey right?    I'm not at all convinced he's a fan.   Seems to only want to cause harm and troll the site.  Decided to use the ignore option since the mods didn't address this,  and since then win or lose this forum is a lot more enjoyable. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1