The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Canucks and Others

Follow this

Trade 1 , To Florida Sutter and Benn the Canucks get Brent Connolly and a second and a third.  Why Florida does this they get a good shut down center for their playoff run and a solid   D-man  Van gets two picks plus Connolly who is out of favor with Florida.

Trade 2, To Montreal Pearson and Roussel  the Canucks get Drouin and a second and a third round pick. Montreal gets Pearson to play with Toffoli and some grit on the bottom lines and they get rid of the Floater Drouin . Van gets Drouin who might get motivated and a second and a third draft pick Van Retains a mil or so to even out the cap on trade but on Pearson's cap only.

Trade  3, Virtanen for Heinen 

Trade 4 , Trade to the Lightning  a second round pick and a third round pick for Cal Foote

So we move the chairs around and clear some cap space . Gain picks , a second and a third.  Add Podkolzin 

Miller     Pettersson   Boeser

Drouin   Horvat      Connolly / Hoglander/ Podkolzin 

Heinen  Gaudette  Hoglander / Connolly / Podkolzin

Motte      Beagle     MacEwen / Podkolzin

Edler         Schmidt 

Hughes      Myers

Juolevi    Hamonic

Foote,  Brisebois, Bailey

Ferland retires or not? Ericksson to Utica then buy out save two mil.  Sign Edler for two mil next year.

16 mil in cap for signing Hughes and Pettersson and Demko 

Man, I agree we need to move out some players who are passed their best before date, but like most of us I am affraid you may have inflated the value of our assets.

When it comes to Jake I only hope Jimbo continues to shop his services throughout the league rather than fixate on what may have been offered from the Ducks.

Montreal laughs their asses off. Drouin has been really good playing on a line with Suzuki and Anderson.  They’ve been Montreal’s best line.   No way they move him for spare parts ( one of whom is a pending UFA) Let alone having to add picks to him. 

Edited by qwijibo

59 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal laughs their asses off. Drouin has been really good playing on a line with Suzuki and Anderson.  They’ve been Montreal’s best line.   No way they move him for spare parts ( one of whom is a pending UFA) Let alone having to add picks to him. 

Looks like you stopped reading before trade 4.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Trade Virtanen and Benn to BUF for (RD) Colin Miller

I believe Miller and Schmidt played together in Vegas? 

is C.Miller an upgrade on Hamonic anymore tho? not sure I see a big separation there and we're taking on an extra year of salary, but then again we do need some more bodies for expansion. I don't like that we're coming out with more salary and one less player tho. 

If Buffalo was willing to retain some salary on Miller tho that would change things. 

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_compare.php?players[]=2136&players[]=3552&period=2020-2021%3AR%3A99

37 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Shocker, another trade proposal where the Canucks get the better players/assets, get younger, dump salary, and get picks while the other teams get....well, the opposite. 

Disagree No Way GIF by Bernie Sanders

Like clockwork. 

5 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Follow this

Trade 1 , To Florida Sutter and Benn the Canucks get Brent Connolly and a second and a third.  Why Florida does this they get a good shut down center for their playoff run and a solid   D-man  Van gets two picks plus Connolly who is out of favor with Florida.

Trade 2, To Montreal Pearson and Roussel  the Canucks get Drouin and a second and a third round pick. Montreal gets Pearson to play with Toffoli and some grit on the bottom lines and they get rid of the Floater Drouin . Van gets Drouin who might get motivated and a second and a third draft pick Van Retains a mil or so to even out the cap on trade but on Pearson's cap only.

Trade  3, Virtanen for Heinen 

Trade 4 , Trade to the Lightning  a second round pick and a third round pick for Cal Foote

So we move the chairs around and clear some cap space . Gain picks , a second and a third.  Add Podkolzin 

Miller     Pettersson   Boeser

Drouin   Horvat      Connolly / Hoglander/ Podkolzin 

Heinen  Gaudette  Hoglander / Connolly / Podkolzin

Motte      Beagle     MacEwen / Podkolzin

Edler         Schmidt 

Hughes      Myers

Juolevi    Hamonic

Foote,  Brisebois, Bailey

Ferland retires or not? Ericksson to Utica then buy out save two mil.  Sign Edler for two mil next year.

16 mil in cap for signing Hughes and Pettersson and Demko 

Pearson and Roussel won’t land you Drouin in my opinion.

8 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Pearson and Roussel won’t land you Drouin in my opinion.

Well maybe it would in the same universe where Edler waives his NMC to go to a contender, which somehow finds $6m of cap space to take him on, and is willing to give VAN their 1st round pick in exchange, which VAN then uses to trade for Debrusk...

:bigblush:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigTramFan said:

Well maybe it would in the same universe where Edler waives his NMC to go to a contender, which somehow finds $6m of cap space to take him on, and is willing to give VAN their 1st round pick in exchange, which VAN then uses to trade for Debrusk...

:bigblush:

1) Edler with 50% retention

2) Debrusk +.....not just Debrusk by himself.