The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Canucks star Todd Bertuzzi arrested for DUI

Rate this topic

cuporbust

this is a guy who said that if biden won the election, he'd have to move back to canada. clearly can't rub two brain cells together, even on his best day. 

meatheads doing meathead things. 

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Poor Todd, sure. But not in the case, nobody made him get behind the wheel after drinking. Assuming what's been reported is true.

Demons or not, he made a choice and certainly should have known better as a 46 year old man. 

He needs to get help, but at the same time his demons and NHL past don't make him above the law. They may explain his actions to some extent, but they certainly don't excuse drunk driving if that is indeed what he did. 

Police reporting he had a 911 call report him, he blew a red light, refused a breath test, failed multiple other tests. 

I guess @PhillipBlunt is right we need to wait for the blood test, but this does not look good. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Police reporting he had a 911 call report him, he blew a red light, refused a breath test, failed multiple other tests. 

I guess @PhillipBlunt is right we need to wait for the blood test, but this does not look good. 

It doesn't look good. I can't say that's what happened until we know for sure, but what's been reported sounds pretty damning. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Drunk drivers should never be able to drive again.

One of my dearest childhood friend was killed by a drunk driver a couple of years ago. It still hurts me to this day. Just cannot stand people with no regard for human life.

Never again, eh? Okay...........................................................................

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Never again, eh? Okay...........................................................................

I’d say if you ever get a second DUI you should lose your license forever as you’re clearly a threat and proved you can’t be trusted.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Lenient??? We have the toughest drunk driving penalty in Canada 

hardly. We are very soft on it. We should follow other countries with zero tolerance laws. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Lenient??? We have the toughest drunk driving penalty in Canada 

Most European countries have lower BAC levels, few have 0 BAC.

Punishments are much stiffer in Europe and other countries vs. Canada.

Muzzo killed 4 people in Ontario back in 2015 and got 8 years and has been granted full parole after serving 4 years.

DUI laws in Canada are laughable!

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

This brings back memories of when Hockey players used to be MEN and not Visor wearing Fragile Euro - Finesse Cream-Puffs.....

Ahhhhhhhhhhh................the good 'ol days !

3,335 Todd Bertuzzi Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Yeah, but those pansies wore helmets. And what about back in the 40s and 50s when goalies didn't wear masks like babies. Things were better when players retired early due to concussions and other injuries.

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I loved Bert, we even did a reno for him when he first came to Vancouver, I’m disappointed and he should be counting his lucky stars he did not hurt anyone.

Even if you have self-interest you'd think that would be a wake up call.