The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Canucks star Todd Bertuzzi arrested for DUI

Rate this topic

cuporbust

5 minutes ago, tigerswaggerman said:

For all the cancellors here who are talking about blanket penalties for DUI, you are too short for the ride.

Someone can be .05 in Canada and get a DUI. A .05 person isn't in the same league as an actual sloshed driver.

You people who have been advocating for covid lockdowns and bootlicking on every clamp down stage of civic freedom are more of a harm to the general population than however many DUI assholes are driving on the road.

Makes sense that you want to strip people of their jobs and assets. Witch hunting midwits the lot of you.

It's a race to the bottom at this point.

And Bert was right about Biden. Rhetoric guzzling simps actually think it wasn't a stolen result.

I agree with all you have to say except for the last bit as the election was fair and not rigged.. 

Ignore Dotard and his fallacies.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

Well it is provincial and BC is decently strict in a few regards to it. I'd actually say there is as much an issue with the police allowed too much ability to impose punishment as opposed to due recourse. Penalties should reflect the level. Like if you're barely over a stiff fine and driving suspension but if you're swerving all over the road and blowing a 1.6 it should be crippling fine and long suspension while repeat offenders of any amount should be seeing multi year suspensions to serious jail time based on severity.  I just think it shouldn't be on the police to impose this but the Crown and/or a judge. 

I guess it depends on whether or not someone has lost a family member or friend to a drunk driver. 

My preference would be for a zero tolerance system for booze and drugs including weed. If you're going to change a culture of tolerance to things it has to be a clear line imo. 

4 hours ago, canuktravella said:

5000 dollar fine and car is impounded for a month is steep and if u actually crash and hurt people you go to jail  bot sure how this is soft 

give me a good reason why you should be able to drink and drive 

Sadly enough, like a lot of societal behaviour and opinion posts here, this one's verging on going sideways bezerkish way fast.

Good luck Bert. We all make mistakes and the smart learn from them they shall.

Look forward to hearing you again Tuesday on 650's Bertuesday's  segment.  

Edited by Cat Man
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

give me a good reason why you should be able to drink and drive 

who said anything bout oeopke drinking and driving but the fines  have drastically cut out drinking driving  its way down    texting is way worse  for deaths now 

7 hours ago, Odd. said:

Drunk drivers should never be able to drive again.

One of my dearest childhood friend was killed by a drunk driver a couple of years ago. It still hurts me to this day. Just cannot stand people with no regard for human life.

I'm sorry to hear that about your friend.

I completely agree. It is the most reckless crime in my opinion.

Everyone can make plans ahead of time and MAKE SURE they have arrangements for rides if needed. 

I have no sympathy for drunk drivers.

6 hours ago, apollo said:

Poor Todd, he's had some real mental demons to deal with after he was painted as a villain for a decade 

It's really not right. 

I know Bert will get it together. Tough not to empathize with him... He was wronged on so many levels :(

He was just following orders and protecting his best friend... Nothing wrong with that. It's a shame the dumb players piled up on top and applied pressure to Steve's neck. 

Mental demons or not there is no excuse for drunk driving. 

God forbid, but if he badly hurt someone close to you because of HIS decision to act reckless, would you share the same sympathy for him?

There is nothing worse than not having a friend or family member to be able to see and be around anymore because of the idiotic behaviours of another individual, especially when such consequences could've easily been avoided. 

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson

1 hour ago, tigerswaggerman said:

For all the cancellors here who are talking about blanket penalties for DUI, you are too short for the ride.

Someone can be .05 in Canada and get a DUI. A .05 person isn't in the same league as an actual sloshed driver.

You people who have been advocating for covid lockdowns and bootlicking on every clamp down stage of civic freedom are more of a harm to the general population than however many DUI assholes are driving on the road.

Makes sense that you want to strip people of their jobs and assets. Witch hunting midwits the lot of you.

It's a race to the bottom at this point.

And Bert was right about Biden. Rhetoric guzzling simps actually think it wasn't a stolen result.

Based on this post, I think you picked really good picture for your avatar.

Looks like Fiat 500 from way back, your IQ is about as high as Fiat’s HP!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess it depends on whether or not someone has lost a family member or friend to a drunk driver. 

My preference would be for a zero tolerance system for booze and drugs including weed. If you're going to change a culture of tolerance to things it has to be a clear line imo. 

In that case you might as well ban restaurants from serving alcohol, I mean someone has to drive there, why tempt them? Remove parking lots from bars and clubs, because you want 0 tolerance. Have a beer with a friend and get pulled over? 5 year mandatory minimum. Make pot illegal again too, it worked so well before.

That was sarcasm. Why do you make it seem like there's some plague of drunk drivers murdering innocent people? Culture of tolerance? .05% is tolerant? Checkstops across cities is tolerant? Police can breathalyze you at your residence within 30 minutes of arrival if someone reported you were driving drunk. Is that tolerant?

John having 2 beer and a dozen wings over an hour after work isn't the problem, the problem is the few that stumble to their vehicle after a 70$ tab and drive home.

Keep on drinking that Kool Aid though, I'm just glad you're in the vocal, far left minority.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I don't understand why wealthy athletes can't just call a cab.

If average joes like us can afford a cab so can they 

Reports say he called the cab out 3x but it kept driving away, so he broke its neck.

48 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Where did  all these self righteous keyboard crusaders come from. Less of a deal was made when former premier Gordon Campbell got arrested while he was in office than a retired hockey player . 

Has nothing to do with being self-righteous, &^@# Gordon Campbell too. 

So another motorist called 911 to say Bertuzzi’s car was swerving.

Police also observed him going through a red light and he refused breathalyzer.

Sounds like little bit more than having two beers and some wings.

It is nice to see bozos doing mental gymnastics to defend him, probably the ones that like driving buzzed and cry about muh rights.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, grandmaster said:

How about we just wait on more info? Bruce Springsteen’s case was dropped after they realized his blood alcohol level was way too low. Poor guy was demonized and a sponsor even dropped him before this was finally realized. :picard:

this. put down the pitchforks, go dunk your heads and put out the flames. if it turns out he was over then go back to hating but every man deserves his day in court

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1