Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Canucks star Todd Bertuzzi arrested for DUI

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, BoKnows said:

You can take the man out of Sudbury but can't take the Sudbury out of the man. :picard:

I was born in Sudbury... just saying... that explains a lot actually 

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

So another motorist called 911 to say Bertuzzi’s car was swerving.

Police also observed him going through a red light and he refused breathalyzer.

 

Sounds like little bit more than having two bears and some wings.

It is nice to see bozos doing mental gymnastics to defend him, probably the ones that like driving buzzed and cry about muh rights.

 

 

 

how much do 2 bears put you over? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sassbs said:

I was born in Sudbury... just saying... that explains a lot actually 

isn't Shania from Sudbury? I remember Sudbury, got stuck there for a week, haven't seen that much snow since I don't think..

Edited by iceman64
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if posters would be taking the “let’s wait and see approach” if a total nobody got arrested for a DUI. His car was swerving all over the road ffs 
 

All it takes is for someone to be in the wrong place at the wrong time for Bert to ruin someone’s life. Hope he gets the full force of the law. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I agree completely with this. I really don't understand why we are so lenient on this in Canada. 

I’m of the view that rehabilitation is the better option, sure strip them of their license and give them a strict punishment but then work with them to get them sober, give them a pathway to regain said licences with conditions.

 

second offence though - happy for book to be thrown 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Yeah hard to judge until we see how much he had in his system, three beers can put you over these days. 

Not sure on the limits in Canada but over here anything more than 1 is likely to put you over, you might squeak under with two. 
 

three beers isn’t an insignificant amount, and if you plan on having more than one you should plan on not driving home 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iceman64 said:

and? this is thread worthy?  everyone makes mistakes... wait human's love dirty laundry

Drunk driving is not a mistake it’s a choice and a crime but even worse it can damage many lives if something goes wrong. I love Bert and I’m not judging him till he gets his day in court but excusing anyone drunk driving is not acceptable. I enjoy beer and enjoy pubs yet I have never in my life driven with any alcohol in my blood, its a choice I make because I could never live with myself if I hurt or killed someone because of my selfishness and/or stupidity.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Drunk driving is not a mistake it’s a choice and a crime but even worse it can damage many lives if something goes wrong. I love Bert and I’m not judging him till he gets his day in court but excusing anyone drunk driving is not acceptable. I enjoy beer and enjoy pubs yet I have never in my life driven with any alcohol in my blood, its a choice I make because I could never live with myself if I hurt or killed someone because of my selfishness and/or stupidity.

it's called a mistake in judgement..  from selfishness or whatever but making a big deal out of a former Canuck doing it is... not really needed is it? It doesn't matter who it is... same chit different day, it can be anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, iceman64 said:

and? this is thread worthy?  everyone makes mistakes... wait human's love dirty laundry

Yeah, it's news. Here is a tip....nothing on CDC is nessesary.  It's a guy that was closely followed by thousands of fans in the city , and listen to his hits on 650. Plenty find it relevant to a web site dedicated to talking about the Canucks.  Did u see me suggest everyone doesn't make mistakes?  When u take a job like his , it's understood things like this will be a talking point in Public more then joe the welder from Timbuktu. The trade off is he gets to make about 16 grand a day, and retire before he's 40. Don't give me the poor Burt argument.  

 

He was a prolific athlete in Vancouver for a very long time,  and this is a site dedicated to that team. As a person that made a fortune being in the public eye , I'm sure he would expect people that followed his career in entertainment to talk about it......but whatever,  nobody forced u into the discussion.  

Edited by cuporbust
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

it's called a mistake in judgement..  from selfishness or whatever but making a big deal out of a former Canuck doing it is... not really needed is it? It doesn't matter who it is... same chit different day, it can be anyone.

Nope, doesn’t matter who’s doing it, but here’s the thing, odds of getting caught first time are slim, most that get caught drink and drive regularly, get caught twice, you’re  a danger because you didn’t learn from the first time and probably did it dozens if not hundreds of times. 
 

Note: I’m not referring to Bert, I do not know his situation, I’m just commenting on actual convicted drunk drivers.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Waaa waaaa, this world is full of idiots. You don't want people to drink and drive. Put an intoxilyzer in every car and stop drinking and driving. I can't believe how dumb we are? We have the technology but chose not to use it? Unbelievably dumb human beings. It works. I'm a drunk, I have it.

 

I just can't believe they're not mandatory in every vehicle. We want to stop people from killing other people. We have the technology, why wouldn't we do that? Every car sold in N.A should have a $5 app on it. Greedy &^@#ers. Kill away!!!

 

Like why on Earth shouldn't you test your alcohol level before you drive? I mean your phone can take your weight, try to stop stop anorexics from killing themselves, measure steps, do a diabetes test, but shouldn't it protect you from death if it could? It's about time someone stepped up here. Life is boring sometimes ... it's great that I can't drive. You want to save millions of peoples lives? Make intoxilyzers mandatory. it can't hurt that you just can't drive when drunk can it?

 

Sorry I'm drunk, but I'm not driving. Shouldn't even be a question but we're all dumb fearless specks.

Edited by Gawdzukes
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Waaa waaaa, this world is full of idiots. You don't want people to drink and drive. Put an intoxilyzer in every car and stop drinking and driving. I can't believe how dumb we are? We have the technology but chose not to use it? Unbelievably dumb human beings. It works. I'm a drunk, I have it.

 

I just can't believe they're not mandatory in every vehicle. We want to stop people from killing other people. We have the technology, why wouldn't we do that? Every car sold in N.A should have a $5 app on it. Greedy &^@#ers. Kill away!!!

 

Like why on Earth shouldn't you test your alcohol level before you drive? I mean your phone can take your weight, try to stop stop anorexics from killing themselves, measure steps, do a diabetes test, but shouldn't it protect you from death if it could? It's about time someone stepped up here. Life is boring sometimes ... it's great that I can't drive. You want to save millions of peoples lives? Make intoxilyzers mandatory. it can't hurt that you just can't drive when drunk can it?

 

Sorry I'm drunk, but I'm not driving. Shouldn't even be a question but we're all dumb fearless specks.

Geez, what happened to being responsible for your own actions?

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sassbs said:

I was born in Sudbury... just saying... that explains a lot actually 

Me too.  I know too many people who have been hit by a drunk driver.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Not sure on the limits in Canada but over here anything more than 1 is likely to put you over, you might squeak under with two. 
 

three beers isn’t an insignificant amount, and if you plan on having more than one you should plan on not driving home 

It all depends on how large you are ... a 220lb man can safely drink 2 bottles  of beer quickly and drive under the limit.  A lot more if he is drinking one an hour given that's about how many drinks a  220lb (the first couple hours then it reduces), mans liver digests and he's out for the night (2-3 plus one a hour).   Females have to be much more careful, they are lighter and their livers are 50% as efficient at metabolizing alcohol as men.   As a rule of thumb one drink adds .02 blood alcohol on a 200lb man...two drinks (shots), would peak at .04, after one hour .004, after two .0000.   

 

Andre the Giant would drink a case of wine and a 100 bottles of beer.   No idea what his limit is.   The system isn't designed so someone can't go to a restaurant, game,  or sports bar or whatever, not have a couple/few drinks (depending on size and sex, there are charts on this) and drive home.   Yet anyways.    

 

Edit:  On Bertuzzi, if he's swerving and running red lights ... bet he had 10-12 pints, or a quart of whiskey.   Way too many to get behind the wheel 

 

Edit:  Not trying to promote drinking and driving - and don't think anyone should ever smoke pot and get behind the wheel - especially if they have also had a drink or two - but it's legal (for now at least) for an average full grown male adult (200lbs), to go to a hockey game, have a pint before the game, one each period, and drive home.   6 drinks over 3/4 hours wouldn't put his blood alcohol over the .08 BAC.   Half those drinks would be absorbed, and he'd be driving around .03-.06 entering his vehicle.    In some places down to zero before he left the parking lot (ok bad joke).    Be careful  who you get in the car with - also it's just too easy to have a designated driver, really there isn't any excuses if your old enough to buy the stuff you should know better.   It is good to know this stuff though - whomever is driving needs too.   Drink some coffee, go for a walk - wait it out if there isn't any other options.   And it's a sliding scale - the one drink per hour rule only works for the first two hours (at 200lbs/male), after that it's a sliding scale (BAC).   Know your limits is constantly used as part of the campaign for a reason.  

Edited by IBatch
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, iceman64 said:

isn't Shania from Sudbury? I remember Sudbury, got stuck there for a week, haven't seen that much snow since I don't think..

You should see Eliot Lake then.   I never lived in Sudbury, raised in Elliot lake:  it’s why I laugh at “Toronto winters”.   These fools haven’t seen anything quite as bad as they think they have! 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sassbs said:

You should see Eliot Lake then.   I never lived in Sudbury, raised in Elliot lake:  it’s why I laugh at “Toronto winters”.   These fools haven’t seen anything quite as bad as they think they have! 

Lived in Elkford when i was really young.   Past Fernie, Sparwood.   The highest elevation of any town in BC right in the middle of the rockies...9 months of winter, 3 months of Spring, Summer and Fall, plus it could snow anytime it felt like 12 months of the year lol.    Live near OTT now (35-40 minutes out) colder actually - but the last decade the most snow i've seen accumulated is maybe 3 feet.   Got more then that in 24 hours in Victoria in 96 lol....back to Elkford.   When you only see the tips of the telephone, and you can open the upstairs window and walk out with snowshoes - then you've seen a lot of snow ha ha.   A literal tunnel to get to the front doors of every house. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, canuktravella said:

 who said anything bout oeopke drinking and driving but the fines  have drastically cut out drinking driving  its way down    texting is way worse  for deaths now 

thats true, I saw an idiot texting and swerving on hwy1 east a couple of days ago. He looked about 75 years old too.

 

I actually see more older drivers doing this, particularly contractors. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Davathor said:

 

In that case you might as well ban restaurants from serving alcohol, I mean someone has to drive there, why tempt them? Remove parking lots from bars and clubs, because you want 0 tolerance. Have a beer with a friend and get pulled over? 5 year mandatory minimum. Make pot illegal again too, it worked so well before.

 

That was sarcasm. Why do you make it seem like there's some plague of drunk drivers murdering innocent people? Culture of tolerance? .05% is tolerant? Checkstops across cities is tolerant? Police can breathalyze you at your residence within 30 minutes of arrival if someone reported you were driving drunk. Is that tolerant?

 

John having 2 beer and a dozen wings over an hour after work isn't the problem, the problem is the few that stumble to their vehicle after a 70$ tab and drive home.

 

Keep on drinking that Kool Aid though, I'm just glad you're in the vocal, far left minority.

thats ridiculous and that reasoning doesn't make any sense. 

 

There's no reason you ever need to drink or get stoned and drive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

I’m of the view that rehabilitation is the better option, sure strip them of their license and give them a strict punishment but then work with them to get them sober, give them a pathway to regain said licences with conditions.

 

second offence though - happy for book to be thrown 

I do think a zero tolerance approach, aside from just saving peoples lives and property, can also have some good effects. I think we'd see more neighbourhood pubs make a comeback, e.g. Thats not a problem in the UK but in Canada they've really disappeared in a lot of places. I'd much rather walk 5 or 10 mins to a local pub than drive to some crapy chain restaurant bar. 

 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...