The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Canucks star Todd Bertuzzi arrested for DUI

Rate this topic

19 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Poor Todd, sure. But not in the case, nobody made him get behind the wheel after drinking. Assuming what's been reported is true.

Demons or not, he made a choice and certainly should have known better as a 46 year old man. 

He needs to get help, but at the same time his demons and NHL past don't make him above the law. They may explain his actions to some extent, but they certainly don't excuse drunk driving if that is indeed what he did. 

I see what you're saying and your aren't wrong... right off the bat as someone who considers himself one of Todd's biggest fans, it was obvious Todd was guilty. Who refuses breathalyzer test? Someone that is plastered and mentally unwell. 

All you had to do was look a the mug shot. He's clearly under the influence and I don't condone what he did at all. But he's clearly not well. 

Drunk driving is disgusting and should never be tolerated. I've always said the laws aren't strict enough when it comes to this... 

What Todd's done is wrong af... But you can't tell me his past doesn't cause this. 

I still empathize with him... Imagine fans of 29 teams unfairly booing u and sewering your rep... Imagine being the best power forward this city has ever seen... Being on the verge of winning the cup in 2004... Then having everything turn on a dime because of a 4th line grinders gutless move to go head hunt THE LEAGUES REIGNING MVP 

This just boils my blood. Bert had his career altered because a 4th line plug went after the NHLs reigning MVP... 

Yup... Arguably one of the greatest power forwards in the history of sports had his career ruined by a 4th line goon who was trying to cause permanent brain damage to Markus Naslund, who is your best friend at the time... 

Tough not to turn to substance abuse when you have mental trauma caused by millions of fans and a old boys club that suspends you for having 10 guys jump on your back? 

I wish Todd well. I know he'll come out clean and stronger from this. 

Once he has his stuff together, I'd still %100 love him to join our organization as player development or something. 

LONG LIVE the Italian stallion! 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, iceman64 said:

how much do 2 bears put you over? 

Depends on your age, metabolism, weight, gender, body composition etc.

For a guy of his size, I don’t think he would be over.

42 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Depends on your age, metabolism, weight, gender, body composition etc.

For a guy of his size, I don’t think he would be over.

Depends on what type of bears, some like Kodiaks are larger and more fierce than Pandas. Black bears are not too much problem, but watch out for Grizzlies, they are very unpredictable.

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, gurn said:

Depends on what type of bears, some like Kodiaks are larger and more fierce than Pandas. Black bears are not too much problem, but watch out for Grizzlies, they are very unpredictable.

that may have not been the type of bear he was referring to :ph34r:

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, iceman64 said:

it can be anyone.

Not me.

7 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Waaa waaaa, this world is full of idiots. You don't want people to drink and drive. Put an intoxilyzer in every car and stop drinking and driving. I can't believe how dumb we are? We have the technology but chose not to use it? Unbelievably dumb human beings. It works. I'm a drunk, I have it.

I just can't believe they're not mandatory in every vehicle. We want to stop people from killing other people. We have the technology, why wouldn't we do that? Every car sold in N.A should have a $5 app on it. Greedy &^@#ers. Kill away!!!

Like why on Earth shouldn't you test your alcohol level before you drive? I mean your phone can take your weight, try to stop stop anorexics from killing themselves, measure steps, do a diabetes test, but shouldn't it protect you from death if it could? It's about time someone stepped up here. Life is boring sometimes ... it's great that I can't drive. You want to save millions of peoples lives? Make intoxilyzers mandatory. it can't hurt that you just can't drive when drunk can it?

Sorry I'm drunk, but I'm not driving. Shouldn't even be a question but we're all dumb fearless specks.

Good point about the "breath and go" tech, we mandated seat belts and turn signals in order to prevent damage, why not this tech?

Other things that make me wonder, why are cars able to go so much faster than the posted speed limits in countries that they are sold in?

I  think that if 120 klicks is top posted speed it is silly to have a vehicle that can go  160 plus.

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

Kodiaks and Polar bears are the most dangerous. When a bear weighs a ton, it be dangerous.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Not sure on the limits in Canada but over here anything more than 1 is likely to put you over, you might squeak under with two. 

three beers isn’t an insignificant amount, and if you plan on having more than one you should plan on not driving home 

If you are a grown man and cant operate a motor vehicle safely and effectively after two beers, you probably should be on the road sober either. 

10 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If you are a grown man and cant operate a motor vehicle safely and effectively after two beers, you probably should be on the road sober either. 

this is part of the myth that some drinking is OK. 

Study: Minimal Drinking Can Lead to Accidents

One recent study found that the blame for fatal accidents often fell on drivers who were “minimally buzzed.” The term “minimally buzzed” includes drivers who had a BAC of .01, which is well within the legal limit. Researchers examined more than 570,000 fatal accidents between 1994 and 2011. The results: Drinking and driving with any alcohol in the body is dangerous and leads to more severe accidents.

The study focused on drivers with a BAC between .01 and .07 percent. The results showed that drivers with a BAC of .01 percent are 46 percent more likely to be blamed for car crashes than the other drivers involved in the collisions. The higher the BAC, the more often the drivers are blamed.

https://www.knappandroberts.com/articles/is-buzzed-driving-really-drunk-driving/

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this is part of the myth that some drinking is OK. 

Study: Minimal Drinking Can Lead to Accidents

One recent study found that the blame for fatal accidents often fell on drivers who were “minimally buzzed.” The term “minimally buzzed” includes drivers who had a BAC of .01, which is well within the legal limit. Researchers examined more than 570,000 fatal accidents between 1994 and 2011. The results: Drinking and driving with any alcohol in the body is dangerous and leads to more severe accidents.

The study focused on drivers with a BAC between .01 and .07 percent. The results showed that drivers with a BAC of .01 percent are 46 percent more likely to be blamed for car crashes than the other drivers involved in the collisions. The higher the BAC, the more often the drivers are blamed.

https://www.knappandroberts.com/articles/is-buzzed-driving-really-drunk-driving/

In some cases even if they wouldnt have been at fault normally, because they have alcohol in their system when they shouldn't they are consider at fault i would guess. Example if you rear end a drunk driver, I believe the drunk driver is still at fault if over legal limit.  

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

In some cases even if they wouldnt have been at fault normally, because they have alcohol in their system when they shouldn't they are consider at fault i would guess. Example if you rear end a drunk driver, I believe the drunk driver is still at fault if over legal limit.  

its just a bit of a surprising stat I think for many people. 

For me its pretty simple, lets just make it easy and set it at zero, and bring back the local pub scene. Heck if you walk, you can probably drink one or two off and not get as fat as when you drive. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Kodiaks and Polar bears are the most dangerous. When a bear weighs a ton, it be dangerous.

watch out for drop bears they fall out of the trees and jump on you so deadly ugg

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

watch out for drop bears they fall out of the trees and jump on you so deadly ugg

I hate when that happens.

zero tolerance rules will "bring back" the pub scene? Lmao what world are you people living in? .05 laws wounded pubs, covid will kill off a lot more... But thinking that zero tolerance somehow helps these places in any way is beyond stupid. 

This made up narrative of "society"  being tolerant of drinking and driving when we have some of the strictest laws is also stupid. No wonder asinine laws get support in Van with all these vocal doughheads

25 minutes ago, gurn said:

I hate when that happens.

ya they hit u with their claws lol deadly.  When i lived a summer in banff camping i told a  british girl this actually belueved me lol

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, gurn said:

the Grizzlies that were in Vancouver were never a threat to anyone :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, rychicken said:

the Grizzlies that were in Vancouver were never a threat to anyone :)

Except when Big Buffet Reeves came to eat at a Uncle Willie’s and you had a stake in the business.:P

• Haha 2