The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Canucks star Todd Bertuzzi arrested for DUI

Rate this topic

cuporbust

28 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya they hit u with their claws lol deadly.  When i lived a summer in banff camping i told a  british girl this actually belueved me lol

You convinced a British woman that deranged (and possibly rabies infected) koalas lived in Banff and descended from the trees to feast upon human prey?

If so, good on you.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You convinced a British woman that deranged (and possibly rabies infected) koalas lived in Banff and descended from the trees to feast upon human prey?

If so, good on you.

that i did lol. they are infected with the clap actually 

11 hours ago, IBatch said:

Lived in Elkford when i was really young.   Past Fernie, Sparwood.   The highest elevation of any town in BC right in the middle of the rockies...9 months of winter, 3 months of Spring, Summer and Fall, plus it could snow anytime it felt like 12 months of the year lol.    Live near OTT now (35-40 minutes out) colder actually - but the last decade the most snow i've seen accumulated is maybe 3 feet.   Got more then that in 24 hours in Victoria in 96 lol....back to Elkford.   When you only see the tips of the telephone, and you can open the upstairs window and walk out with snowshoes - then you've seen a lot of snow ha ha.   A literal tunnel to get to the front doors of every house. 

Damn.  Ok you win! 

21 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I do think a zero tolerance approach, aside from just saving peoples lives and property, can also have some good effects. I think we'd see more neighbourhood pubs make a comeback, e.g. Thats not a problem in the UK but in Canada they've really disappeared in a lot of places. I'd much rather walk 5 or 10 mins to a local pub than drive to some crapy chain restaurant bar. 

Having worked at one of the largest Food & Drink companies in the UK - the local pub on the corner has indeed disappeared and the same with a lot of the chains as well. they are dying off well before covid. But i get your point - its part of the infrastructure as well. if like in most of NA you have to drive to get everywhere its part of the problem, compared to just stumbling home, getting a quick taxi -night bus/train/tram back

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, canuktravella said:

not sure wat the point was exactly  pretty sure bruce and  todd can afford a uber  

The point was a sponsor dropped Bruce Springsteen based on an arrest that was later found to be no where near a standard for charges. It’s folks like you that make assumptions before all the facts are presented. This has nothing to do with what people can afford. Meanwhile keep up the ignorance and vilifying folks before all the information is presented, stands to your character. :picard:

Edited by grandmaster

On 3/2/2021 at 7:36 AM, apollo said:

I see what you're saying and your aren't wrong... right off the bat as someone who considers himself one of Todd's biggest fans, it was obvious Todd was guilty. Who refuses breathalyzer test? Someone that is plastered and mentally unwell. 

All you had to do was look a the mug shot. He's clearly under the influence and I don't condone what he did at all. But he's clearly not well. 

Drunk driving is disgusting and should never be tolerated. I've always said the laws aren't strict enough when it comes to this... 

What Todd's done is wrong af... But you can't tell me his past doesn't cause this. 

I still empathize with him... Imagine fans of 29 teams unfairly booing u and sewering your rep... Imagine being the best power forward this city has ever seen... Being on the verge of winning the cup in 2004... Then having everything turn on a dime because of a 4th line grinders gutless move to go head hunt THE LEAGUES REIGNING MVP 

This just boils my blood. Bert had his career altered because a 4th line plug went after the NHLs reigning MVP... 

Yup... Arguably one of the greatest power forwards in the history of sports had his career ruined by a 4th line goon who was trying to cause permanent brain damage to Markus Naslund, who is your best friend at the time... 

Tough not to turn to substance abuse when you have mental trauma caused by millions of fans and a old boys club that suspends you for having 10 guys jump on your back? 

I wish Todd well. I know he'll come out clean and stronger from this. 

Once he has his stuff together, I'd still %100 love him to join our organization as player development or something. 

LONG LIVE the Italian stallion! 

We all carry our pasts with us to some extent, that's just part of life. Was he done dirty back in the day? There's an argument for it, and it's been made here over the years. 

But again, at 46 years old and having made millions of dollars over the course of his NHL career he's both old enough to know better and affluent enough to afford help if he needs it. He could easily fly to BC and check in to somewhere like Edgewood, or find something stateside. Has he had tough portions of his life? Absolutely, being a famous athlete doesn't shield a person from negative experiences. Does having an explanation justify potentially having driven while under the influence? No. There are plenty of individuals out there who've experienced horrible things who go on to lead productive, mostly healthy lives. Experiencing trauma is a lot more common than I think many people realize it is. 

If he needs help, I hope he gets it. He can certainly afford good help. I've got fond, though fuzzy memories of the WCE as I was in my early teens at the time, I'm rooting for him. 

But yeah, refusing a breathalyzer test after reportedly swerving all over the road isn't a good look. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, captainhorvat said:

Can’t wait for Bertuzzis next segment on 650 to tell us all about his dui...

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Hopefully he will tell us how it didn’t go to charges because he wasn’t drunk and how the blood test exonerated him like it did for Bruce Springsteen 

Edited by grandmaster