The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Alumni - Where Are They Now?

Rate this topic

Fanuck

I know there is a sub-forum for Canucks Alumni on CDC already, but I'm hoping this could be a place where we can share information on Canucks alumni for those specifically out of hockey (OH).  Many of us know about what more high-profile guys like Brodeur, Smyl, Linden, Burke, Bieksa and McLean are doing these days.  But what about guys that are lesser-known or have been OH for a much longer time?  Has anyone heard what guys like Gary Lupul, Moe Lemay, Scott Lachance, Bryan Allen or Trent Klatt are doing these days for example? 

From time to time I hear small bits of what guys are doing, and I like how SN brings in alumni for intermission interviews but for the most part there's not a lot of information on Canucks Alumni.  For example I've heard that Victor Oreskovich sells insurance in the GTA, and that Mason Raymond went into the family farming business in AB. 

I don't know if anyone else out there is even interested in this type of stuff - maybe not?  Perhaps someone has a source that I don't know about for this information - or a better way to present the info other than random posts?  Maybe this thread will just fade off of CDC for lack of interest? 

Ice Hockey Wiki and regular Wiki as well as Canucks Alumni Twitter (which I admittedly don't follow too closely) has some info on some alumni, but do you know what any of the lesser known guys are doing these days:

https://vancouvercanucksalumni.org/members

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/display_players.php?tmi=8756

i think bertuzzi is in jail. ronning used to come to smithers every year for the celebrity golf tourneyment. i wouldn't knowing how jim robson is doing.  like to know about bobby schmautz, ivan bolderev, darcy rota, tony tanti, tiger willims, rosaire paiement and lumme. i was looking through my canuck cards  and one didn't fit. it  was jagr and i think its a rookie card but doesn't say that. it said 1990 was his rookie yeat and gave his stats for 88/89 and 89/90. both years in czech league.

2 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Eddie Lack is a realtor in Scottsdale.

https://www.kennethjamesrealty.com/agents/eddielack/

This is the most random thing I've seen in a while lol.

It's so weird to see how professional NHL athletes end up getting regular 9-5 jobs after they retire.

The amount of money they accumulate throughout the years always made me think they'd just be sipping down on their pina coladas on their yachts for the rest of their lives.

I guess I forget the perspective of just how young being 36 or 37 is and already being retired from a profession.  

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Fanuck said:

I?  Has anyone heard what guys like Gary Lupul

Gary Lupul passed away in 2007 unfortunately.

Does anyone know where Dunc Wilson is these days?  He's basically vanished since the early 2000s. He was in Rossland, BC but not anymore.