The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Alumni - Where Are They Now?

Rate this topic

Fanuck

7 hours ago, smithers joe said:

i think bertuzzi is in jail. ronning used to come to smithers every year for the celebrity golf tourneyment. i wouldn't knowing how jim robson is doing.  like to know about bobby schmautz, ivan bolderev, darcy rota, tony tanti, tiger willims, rosaire paiement and lumme. i was looking through my canuck cards  and one didn't fit. it  was jagr and i think its a rookie card but doesn't say that. it said 1990 was his rookie yeat and gave his stats for 88/89 and 89/90. both years in czech league.

I’ll giv ya an Ivan Bolderev and a Darcy Rota for that card ;)

12 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Gary Valk is a realtor in NVan.  

i knew gary valk's grandmother, she is dead now but she said she was disappointed that gary became a hockey player. she wanted him to become a missionary worker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Papparazzis would be out of work if Google was great spilling gossip

True enough, but this thread is not about gossip. If you want to know what/where an ex hockey player (or anyone moderately famous) is today, Google is your friend. Cheers to you, and a good night in Sweden?

A legend....

Pat Quinn went to a Boston bar after knocking out Bobby Orr in a game… For a moment, Quinn had forgotten where he was and what he had done the night before, and he thought it might be his final mistake.

Quinn was a rookie with the Toronto Maple Leafs, and death threats or no death threats, was expected to fetch the beer for the bus ride. He did what was expected.
Down the street from the Garden, a sportsbar was overflowing with Bruin fans, hard-nosed Bostonians who had been at the game and been angry the great Orr had not played. And the man responsible stepped through the front door - through their front door and into their bar.
Quinn edged through the crowd toward the bartender when a shout came from behind him.
“Hey, it’s Quinn! It’s Quinn!”

The big rookie froze. How could he have been so stupid, so careless? He looked for an escape route. No chance. People were wedged six deep around him. In the tense silence, he waited for the first fist, or bottle or worse.
A hand came at him, but instead of going for Quinn’s granite jaw, landed squarely on his back. Then another.
“Nice hit, Patty boy. Nice hit.”

The men around him smiled, and Quinn felt blessed to be Irish-Catholic in an Irish-Catholic town.
“On the house,” the bartender said.
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

True enough, but this thread is not about gossip. If you want to know what/where an ex hockey player (or anyone moderately famous) is today, Google is your friend. Cheers to you, and a good night in Sweden?

You could just not click into the thread if you're not interested.

Google is fine and dandy but maybe some of us want to discuss some alumni amongst eachother,  is that ok with you?

• Cheers 2

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

You could just not click into the thread if you're not interested.

Google is fine and dandy but maybe some of us want to discuss some alumni amongst eachother,  is that ok with you?

Sorry my sarcasm got ahead of me. I’ve always had a different sense of humour. No harm meant. In fact I was fortunate to meet many old time NHL players via my previous employment. I have often wondered where they are now.

On 3/2/2021 at 12:17 AM, smithers joe said:

i think bertuzzi is in jail. ronning used to come to smithers every year for the celebrity golf tourneyment. i wouldn't knowing how jim robson is doing.  like to know about bobby schmautz, ivan bolderev, darcy rota, tony tanti, tiger willims, rosaire paiement and lumme. i was looking through my canuck cards  and one didn't fit. it  was jagr and i think its a rookie card but doesn't say that. it said 1990 was his rookie yeat and gave his stats for 88/89 and 89/90. both years in czech league.

The funny thing is that Jagr is still playing.