Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Geez...my short term mem is gone....:P...but it was against the Sens....so it wasn't that memorable...:P....and I don't think the SENS would be that easy to beat now...

We're gonna find out real sson

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Karlsson before Cooke cut his achilles' tendon was a different level unicorn... Doughty to me at least, is overrated, think Weber is a better d, was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time - especially at the olympics.   QHs is for sure a unicorn right now.   Rare.  Like super rare.   Agree Pronger and Hedman are what every team wants - but don't think AP is that special - just the most special of the last class of UFAs and we for sure dodged a bullet there (if he was interested) - would have him inbetween the Phanuef and Weber class.  Speaking of Weber (who in my opinion is the Brad Park of his era plus plus), if he had scored those two goals instead of Doughty in 2014 (7 years ago ..: wow) which for sure he could have easily done, and do you think he'd have even one Norris?   I don't. 

Pre-Cooke Karlsson for sure. I'd take Weber over Doughty no question, but as much as he's a big baby he's an incredibly talented D. He's a big part of those Kings and Canadian teams doing well. 

 

I dunno, I'd put Petro there with Hedman imo. He's been incredibly consistent over the course of his career. Neither of them are a Pronger, but different eras. There haven't been many Pronger players period. 

 

Weber never getting a Norris is tragic imo, he's been one of the leagues better D over the course of his career. 

9 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

I don't know whether to admire your optimism or pity your delusion

1/2 is a pass, but 2/2 is also a pass? 

 

Why not both? 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Big right hand there love it hope he’s back with us soon

he doesn't even need his right hand, he's so strong he can just grab your sweater and yo-yo your face into his fist over and over

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

No Mac in the lineup tonight? I thought he had a strong game yesterday.

 

Is he injured or did he transgress some unwritten rule?

No clue. I don't think Hawyrluk earned a spot with his last game, and can't see any reason for giving Roussel any ice time, unless he's being traded.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Same four morons who were in last game. Which one of these mental defects saw Stastny trip Hughes and ignored it?

Inadmissable evidence, yer Honour! Who KNOWS if them skates had proper edges?!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Some food for thought...

 

We have 4 players in the top 25 in scoring for the NHL....

 

No other team has more than 2 players that high on the list...

 

 

Get with the program Greeener and play the guy before you get the boot...!

Yep, all the 'fans' who say we lack talent and skill are delusional.  The missing piece, imho, is an NHL caliber coach with NHL caliber systems. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Rathbone may not be Edler or Myers, but he's not Stetcher either:  5'11, 190 lbs and has a physical edge to his game.  Cull is raving about how well he's adapting to the AHL and certainly the numbers are backing that up.  For sure he won't be a crease-clearing monster but if he learns to play solid D and hits periodically to go along with his mobility, puck moving and offense, he'll be a great player for us.  I'd pump the brakes and give all of our young LD a good long look in the NHL before thinking about trades.  A left side with Hughes, Rathbone and Juolevi could be close to what's shaping up in Colorado.  

Why wouldn't we have the expectation that Rathbone will reach 6' and 195-200 pounds? He is 21 and a good weight program does that for him. Didn't Bieksa play at 195 and he wasn't 6'. Not suggesting Rathbone has to be super physical. He just has to be able to battle for position infront of the net. Stecher actually did a decent job but simple could not handle the big forwards if he lost position. 

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Jets will wear their reverse retro jersey tonight.

 

winnipeg-jets-reverse-retro-uniform-adid

Aside from the logo .... i don't know ... not much to like about these "jammie's - let's go sit by the fire with a blanky" sort of vibe they give out.   Don't understand why the league didn't just make retro jerseys - ours for one - would have looked a lot better then what it turned out if it was just retro. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Pre-Cooke Karlsson for sure. I'd take Weber over Doughty no question, but as much as he's a big baby he's an incredibly talented D. He's a big part of those Kings and Canadian teams doing well. 

 

I dunno, I'd put Petro there with Hedman imo. He's been incredibly consistent over the course of his career. Neither of them are a Pronger, but different eras. There haven't been many Pronger players period. 

 

Weber never getting a Norris is tragic imo, he's been one of the leagues better D over the course of his career. 

1/2 is a pass, but 2/2 is also a pass? 

 

Why not both? 

Sorry but Serge Savard before he broke his leg. 

  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Aside from the logo .... i don't know ... not much to like about these "jammie's - let's go sit by the fire with a blanky" sort of vibe they give out.   Don't understand why the league didn't just make retro jerseys - ours for one - would have looked a lot better then what it turned out if it was just retro. 

Majority of these reverse retros look like it was designed for Walmart and Zellers

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Why wouldn't we have the expectation that Rathbone will reach 6' and 195-200 pounds? He is 21 and a good weight program does that for him. Didn't Bieksa play at 195 and he wasn't 6'. Not suggesting Rathbone has to be super physical. He just has to be able to battle for position infront of the net. Stecher actually did a decent job but simple could not handle the big forwards if he lost position. 

Yes i should reserve judgement too until we get to see him play.   You just never do know with these guys, sometimes extra skill has an unexpected synergy, and sometimes extra skill means you just can't keep up regardless of expectations. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope Holtby matches Demko.  Protecting goalie from injury is not a wrong move.  But we have seen how streaky Demko can be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Weber Petro have been my fav D men since they came in but Lidstrom is my all time favourite Dman. He's top 5 all time favourite player for me. 

 

 

I saw OJ make a cpl defensive plays several games ago and couldn't help but to think of the calmness and high hockey iq he displayed..

 

he'll never be a Pronger or Weber type. Won't have the same offense and overall level as Lidstrom. But O.J.will likely become a very solid top pair D in 2 or 3 years.

 

Hughes is offensive small skilled but OJ will be better two way. He's shown he can take the body as well..

 

Rathbone is another stud.. 

 

 

Watched Petro closely against us last season - didn't see the fuss to be honest ...  didn't seem fast or deadly or much of anything other then being a RHD which for sure has value.    Lidstrom IMO, is one of the most overrated players by generations that didn't see what proceeded him.  For sure he dominated all but limited years of Pronger, aging Zubov and Niedermayer, and Gonchar, Phaneuf and Rafalski.   And he was pretty good in the 90's, but not top tier either.   Played behind Konstantinov actually.   Couldn't compete with Leetch, Chelios, Borque, Al Mac, Coffey (36!) more of a Larry  Murphy type then anything.   Not all Harts and Norris trophies are created equally.   His were low bar especially his last which was shameful and embarrassing for the league, not to say he wasn't great - of course he was ... but just not that great. 

Edited by IBatch
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Jets will wear their reverse retro jersey tonight.

 

winnipeg-jets-reverse-retro-uniform-adid

These look like they were brought to us by the same Einstein's who thought primer was an actual paint color. No thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Can someone explain why Rousell plays no matter what? Does he have dirt on Greener? IMO I rather have MacEwen

 

Throw Reaction GIF

The only good one - is the COL one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Can someone explain why Rousell plays no matter what? Does he have dirt on Greener? IMO I rather have MacEwen

 

Throw Reaction GIF

ED draft exposure 2021 games played requirement for forwards under contract for 2021-22.  Only Beagle and Roussel fit this bill for veteran bottom six forwards (well LE does too but he won’t likely get the games)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...