The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

Canucks have 30 games left.  Demko should get 25 of them. The Holtby experiment is over and he is clearly the back up.  Demmer needs to play a lot to continue to develop into a number 1.  There isn't a lot of pressure on him as the team is pretty much out of it but he needs to get the work to be ready for next year which will likely be a full schedule.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

If u think that leading all defensemen on 3 hits make a player then you need expect a lot more from this team. And really 3 hit all night... lol sorry but thats sad. 

Don’t apologize for crying. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, shazzam said:

Virtanen has less pts than Hamonic and he's played 7 games

It’s a good thing Jim didn’t give him millions.

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

This game is on Holtby - imo.  

Great team effort but garbage effort by Holtby.

I'd agree that Demko would have been the better choice, but weren't going to win with only 2 goals. Sloppy defensive break-downs, losing the puck, shoddy reffing and one time Holtby coughed up the puck.

All and all, we played alright game in a barn we always seem to lose in. Jets just outclassed us.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HorvatToBaertschi said:

This loss is 95% on Holtby. If we needed a string of games to show that Demko is the #1 and not the 1A/1B.... it's been the last 5 or so games. Seattle won't even bother taking that waste of cap space from us. 

Green has quit on the team so he just plays Holtby-Demko-Holtby-Demko the rest of the way. Wants to make sure both goalies are fresh for the golf season. You dont want to run the goalie into the ground in a 50 games season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

This loss is 95% on Holtby. If we needed a string of games to show that Demko is the #1 and not the 1A/1B.... it's been the last 5 or so games. Seattle won't even bother taking that waste of cap space from us. 

It’s okay we’ll buy him and Virtanen out in the summer.

Wouldn’t be an offseason if Benning didn’t add more dead cap.

2 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

I hate when we play WPG. I have to watch it on TSN3 and listen to Dennis 'I can't call a game without shouting the entire time I'm talking' Beyak

Yeah I keep thinking there's something exciting happening, but it turns out to be a line change.

This game wasn't so different than the last to be honest. Canucks got some luck with some tips and Demko made some huge saves but our d zone coverage, breakouts, rushes and dump and chase still sad as &^@# both games.