The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

So last year Green rode Marky til he broke...this year he won't give demko back to backs even though he was coming off a shutout and had only played 1 game in 5 days.   This game was winnable but holtby was poor. 

Green just sucks man.

• Huggy Bear 3

Holtby is definitely a problem tonight, but the biggest issue is Green and his coaching staff. He can never ever able to fire up the players after a win.  Players come out flat and mistakes laden thereby losing the game.  A good coach should be able to make tweaks to adjust the game plays so as to play against the Jets which everyone knows that they will come up big tonight with fire in their bellies after last night’s shutout loss.  Sorry but Green has to go....

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

I have not been a supporter of firing Green up to this point. I have said Baumer has to go be fore the whole coaching staff is fired. Two things stand out to me tonight, one is why the f$#k isn't OJ on the ice again? Why is Holtby in net? Its a insult to Demko after shutting out Jets last night and not getting the next game, who cares if its back to back, he's young and there's no travel so he should have been rewarded. As far as OJ,  Im just in shock at how good he has been just to be givin the hook time and time again. This is a coaching decision and its a bad one and Green should be shown the door.

Only reason to be sitting OJ at this point is because of the ED; otherwise, I wonder who sits after this game - Benn/Hamonic ?

9 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

A top five pick to this core and a new gm is something to be excited about.

I’m worried this is the year we win the draft lottery and it’s a crapshoot because the junior leagues are all shut down for the most part and no way to tell who has fallen and risen in terms of prospects