The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

12 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

This game was OVER at 1-0

0-13 when giving up the first goal. Absolutely P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C.

4 player in the top 25 in league scoring. And every one of them got at least one point in this game as well. As I've said before and will say again, and again until something changes; this is not a skill problem, it is a system problem, a coaching problem. I've wanted Green gone for 2 years now. Obviously Holtby isn't helping us out but let's be honest our team has been gutless even with players with size for too long. And I hate how we always just stand back like pylons and play super soft and let the other team shoot the lights out in the third period when we have the lead. How many leads have we blown in 3 years playing this weak style. Entire coaching staff needs to relieved ASAP.

Rant over.

Edited by 204CanucksFan
Additional content
  • Like 4

Just now, canuck2288 said:

If anyone does anything useful they get benched by Green

Mac sticks up for Hogs - bench

Demko stands on his head - bench

OJ playing very well - bench 

Green is simply incompetent 

This staff certainly do have there favorites.  

Sorry gang. Pretty sure I was the problem tonight. I missed the game yesterday and we played well. I didn’t want to jinx it tonight but felt some FOMO and started watching and the rest is history. 

Jake’s resurgence will have to wait another game. My bad. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, linden17 said:

I’m worried this is the year we win the draft lottery and it’s a crapshoot because the junior leagues are all shut down for the most part and no way to tell who has fallen and risen in terms of prospects 

Top 10 is interchangeable but pretty clear cut of who should go top 10. 

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Green has quit on the team so he just plays Holtby-Demko-Holtby-Demko the rest of the way. Wants to make sure both goalies are fresh for the golf season. You dont want to run the goalie into the ground in a 50 games season.

I just posted how Demko needs to play 25 of the remaining 30 games.  Will be really interesting if Green chooses to continue to play Holtby other than as an absolute back up from now on.  If he does there's a huge question why - and that would be a real head scratcher as to Green's decision making. 

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Only reason to be sitting OJ at this point is because of the ED; otherwise, I wonder who sits after this game - Benn/Hamonic ?

There is no good reason to sit OJ, it will cost Green his job and it should

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Only reason to be sitting OJ at this point is because of the ED; otherwise, I wonder who sits after this game - Benn/Hamonic ?

No matter what, doesnt he still have to be exposed or protected?

I think hes had 2 years of pro hockey?

Just now, 204CanucksFan said:

4 player in the top 25 in league scoring. And every one of them got at least one point in this game as well. As I've said before and will say again, and again until something changes; this is not a skill problem, it is a system problem, a coaching problem. I've wanted Green gone for 2 years now. Obviously Holtby isn't helping us out but let's be honest our team has been gutless even with players with size for too long. And I hate how we always just stand back like pylons and play super soft and let the other team shoot the lights out in the third period when we have the lead. How many leads have we blown in 3 years playing this weak style. Entire coaching staff needs to relieved ASAP

Yeah, I would also like to see this roster with a different staff before any trading happens.

We had a good chance to win this game ...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, VforVirtanen said:

Sorry gang. Pretty sure I was the problem tonight. I missed the game yesterday and we played well. I didn’t want to jinx it tonight but felt some FOMO and started watching and the rest is history. 

will it be soon, I've been waiting a while....

image.jpeg.04afffa3d64bf7b3d55e3b9107b90feb.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, VforVirtanen said:

It's all good but next time use your head. You've got everyone blaming Holtby in here, not cool man, not cool. 

• Haha 2