The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

If we only gave 75% more tonight 

Canucks have problems both in D and goaltending. They cant play perfect hockey 100% of the time. When you lose this consistently, just means the team is mediocre

1 minute ago, 204CanucksFan said:

4 player in the top 25 in league scoring. And every one of them got at least one point in this game as well. As I've said before and will say again, and again until something changes; this is not a skill problem, it is a system problem, a coaching problem. I've wanted Green gone for 2 years now. Obviously Holtby isn't helping us out but let's be honest our team has been gutless even with players with size for too long. And I hate how we always just stand back like pylons and play super soft and let the other team shoot the lights out in the third period when we have the lead. How many leads have we blown in 3 years playing this weak style. Entire coaching staff needs to relieved ASAP.

Rant over.

image.png.fdf949f92f3e8075e8ef613e18355506.png

• Like 1

Do we even want Podkolzin on the team this season?

This is a bad culture to bring a young player like him into.

Need to cut the passengers and the coach and then bring him in next season. He’s better off playing in the worlds. 

• RoughGame 2

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

No matter what, doesnt he still have to be exposed or protected?

I think hes had 2 years of pro hockey?

He is a three year pro, so he will have to be protected regardless. I was just making up excuses for why he is sitting. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm tired of the players having all the answers after the game. I'd like to see things switched up. 

How about the players start asking the media questions? Like:

• What could we have done differently?
  • What, about the team over there, should we give them credit?
  • How are the fans feeling right now???

2 minutes ago, linden17 said:

For the most part yes. But not playing for over a year and it will be longer....a lot could of changed

A bunch of them are playing. Clarke is in Europe. Johnson/Beniers/Powers are playing in Michigan. Hughes is playing in US.  All the Swedes are playing and theirs 2-3 projected in the top 10. 

All these guys will likely go top 10. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, I would also like to see this roster with a different staff before any trading happens.

We had a good chance to win this game ...

Agree 100%.  Same silly mistakes costing them.  Coaching does make a difference to correct the same mistakes from happening again and again,

No more Holtby Green.  Demko has earned the next 25 out of 30 games to see what he can bring as a starter before next year.

4 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

4 player in the top 25 in league scoring. And every one of them got at least one point in this game as well. As I've said before and will say again, and again until something changes; this is not a skill problem, it is a system problem, a coaching problem. I've wanted Green gone for 2 years now. Obviously Holtby isn't helping us out but let's be honest our team has been gutless even with players with size for too long. And I hate how we always just stand back like pylons and play super soft and let the other team shoot the lights out in the third period when we have the lead. How many leads have we blown in 3 years playing this weak style. Entire coaching staff needs to relieved ASAP.

Rant over.

I agree with you that coaching is a problem. I will say that its 60 to 70% coaching problem and 30 to 40% a skill problem since we lack skills in bottom 6 and also lack a good defensive D man that can shut it down.