The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

My pleasure, Fig. I have to call this mess what it is until things change. I promise that I’ll keep adding an even more pernicious word every week. 

Vile away, bro. 

If Greens resigned at this years end I’ve lost all hope. He switched up Horvats line each shift in the third.. everyone trading places constantly. Even Shortys comment “Miller comes off the bench, but doesn’t know if he was supposed to or not”

at first it was mostly the non calls of Time outs that bugged me with Greens coaching. Then like Willie the never ending, Too many men penalties. Sloppy changes. Shortening the bench after the First  period. Protecting a 1 goal lead having the team sit back which leads to playing not to loose/ playing afraid to loose, lack of emotion after embarrassing losses, we look like a team that accepts loosing some nights and have had huge drop offs in effort a lot of nights also. He’s not to worst coach ever by any means but I dont want to see him back next year at all. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Do we even want Podkolzin on the team this season?

This is a bad culture to bring a young player like him into.

Need to cut the passengers and the coach and then bring him in next season. He’s better off playing in the worlds. 

Exactly what I worry about Hogs 

came in well coached and now he is being ruined, just like Jake, Gauds, Bo 

even our vets are regressing

Clear out Sutter, Pearson, Rousel,  Beagle, all 3 “coaches”, 

14 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

So last year Green rode Marky til he broke...this year he won't give demko back to backs even though he was coming off a shutout and had only played 1 game in 5 days.   This game was winnable but holtby was poor. 

I agree. We hadn't won the past 4 games. You get the shutout victory. You roll with the hot hand to try gain, and hopefully sustain some momentum. 

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

24 hours removed from embarrassing the Jets by shutting them out in their home rink . The Canucks have gone from heroes to zeros. 

Tough crowd .

Rough game. 

• RoughGame 2

Tough night. Nothing was going our way. We could've used a few good saves from Holtby but wasn't able to make them. Petey and Miller pick up goals. Our overall game just wasn't that good tonight. Now we find ourselves in a big hole. At this point, I would give our young kids like Juolevi a shot. Give them ice time they deserve and develop their game. Hope we start taking some strides as we move forward and get a win streak going! GCG!

Just now, DefCon1 said:

I honestly blame Green for this loss as he made a dumb decision to start Holtby. Like why in the hell do you start a cold goalie when the other one who has been playing great and shutout the Jets last night sits? Please dont give me running the goalie into the ground excuse because that is a complete BS.

Running goalie into the ground isn’t a BS excuse. We did that with Marky, he got hurt and it almost cost us a playoff spot if not for COVID. 

I don’t think you could use that reason here though. It was a back to back but we didn’t play for 3 days prior. Could have ran with Demko again. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Play it safe. We ran Marky a lot and he kept getting hurt. Demko does have an injury history so play him as #1 but don’t ride him too hard. 

Look at the schedule.  We have 12 games the entire rest of the month.  Lots of off days going forward so no reason to worry if Demmer gets 10 of those games. That would be 10 games in 29 days for him. No prob.

• Cheers 1

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

I am with you but the three FA have to play cause they are the future...

Ok I get it your being sarcastic, sorry I thought you had something to contribute

16 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

-fire green

-hire gallant 

-dress 7 dmen and replace benn with juolevi and get Chatfield the games required to expose him

-trade Pearson and virtanen and whoever else to get enough cap room to cover the ELC bonuses that are due. 

-draft RD Brandt Clarke 

-its time to prepare for next year there won't be playoffs this season. 

-TEAM TANK! 

Wouldn't it be easier to give a random like Benn a low cap contract worthy of 8th dman? Guys like Fanta went to Europe this year. I would give Benn option of 1 year 1m which guarantees an NHL contract for next year and if he doesn't get picked great, we use him as an 8th dman but if he gets picked up, no biggie? 

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

24 hours removed from embarrassing the Jets by shutting them out in their home rink . The Canucks have gone from heroes to zeros. 

Tough crowd .

Playing like that means nothing if they follow it up with an effort like tonight.

Just means they can only manage to play a full 60 once every 10 games. Not gonna win like that.

• Huggy Bear 1