The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Replace the assistants and I’ll reluctantly accept Green until the end of the season when I expect there will be a somewhat better group to choose from. As bad as our defensive system and powerplay is and the way nothing seems to change, the status quo is unacceptable.

Oh I defiantly agree something has to change, but a head coaching change wouldn’t be as beneficial as some people think.

We’re done. Coaching change or no coaching change. It’s a mute point 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Leafs had an amazing record vs Canada last year. That has more to do with it than anything  to do with Coaching IMO. Remember this is the same Leafs team that lost vs CBJ with the same coaches. 

If the Leafs had to face any of the American teams they wouldn’t have the record they have. 

yeah but CBJ also swept the president trophy winners and cup contenders in lightning the year before. CBJ is a weird team in playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

According to my prediction the ‘Nucks have 3 more games to fire Green if they want to win the Cup this year.

Are you a climate scientist? ::D

1 minute ago, billabong said:

Oh I defiantly agree something has to change, but a head coaching change wouldn’t be as beneficial as some people think.

A coaching change will be too late at this stage anyway, even if it was implemented.

I'm guessing everyone's going to lose their job next season: Benning, Green, Baumer, and maybe Brown.

A new GM is going to come in and put his replacements - it's definitely an exciting time to send in your resumes.

Just now, CptCanuck16 said:

Are you a climate scientist? ::D

he is just predicting the winner of the summer golf tourney :P

Just now, Dazzle said:

A coaching change will be too late at this stage anyway, even if it was implemented.

I'm guessing everyone's going to lose their job next season: Benning, Green, Baumer, and maybe Brown.

A new GM is going to come in and put his replacements - it's definitely an exciting time to send in your resumes.

Aquaman probably will not extend them. So he doesnt need to fire them now, just let the contract run out this summer and hire new GM and coach. 

Just now, DefCon1 said:

yeah but CBJ also swept the president trophy winners and cup contenders in lightning the year before. CBJ is a weird team in playoffs.

I am just saying the division is making the Leafs look better than they are. 

If they had to face the rest of the east they wouldn’t be nearly as good. They wouldn’t even be a top team. 

Canada just sucks defensively which is gonna favour teams like the Laffs. 

5 minutes ago, billabong said:

I know there are a couple of coaches available that some on this board would like but I’m not really high on what’s out there right now anyway so you won’t get an argument from me, (for now.)

6 minutes ago, billabong said:

At least a new defensive coach won't cause further damage to our young D like Baumgartner is doing right now.  You can't develop your players when your assistant coaches aren't even qualified to coach a beer league team.  Even if we don't hire a replacement, getting Baumer away from this group is addition by subtraction.  If Green isn't willing to fire the idiot who is stunting our players' growth, he is responsible for the consequences of Baumgartner's continued employment and needs to go along with him.

• Thanks 2
  • Hydration 1
6 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

he is just predicting the winner of the summer golf tourney :P

Here’s my prediction from before the start of the season:

I predict that if Green gets fired by game 30 this will be the shot in the arm (get it? COVID joke) the ‘Nucks need to win the Cup.

If not, just another mediocre year, maybe 4th, maybe 5th and out in first round if we make it.

I also predict canuck73 will spend most of the season once again confused.

EDIT: after someone pointed out the inter division play will be like original 6 if Green survives the season I predict a 6th pace finish, we might get off to a good start first dozen games but it’ll quickly go down hill as the intensity goes up. 

Edited December 31, 2020 by Dumb Nuck

24 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

There is a huge benefit assuming we get our guy in Gallant

gets to evaluate the team, purges our “elite” systems, starts implementing real systems 

all that allows a much smoother transition next season 

had we done it earlier we may have been able to go on a run, that window has passed 

If your guy is Gallant or Babcock then you’re right,  make the change tomorrow. Neither guy does anything for me so I wait until the end of the season.

They have cutouts for fans 

i think we fire the 3 stooges and replace them with cutouts of Roger Neilson, Pat Quinn and Jack M

watch us turn it around immediately 

27 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

And the excuses for Green continues...

If we're going to make excuses, what is Benning to do when you have an owner that rightfully wants to pursue playoffs, while having a team that has been labelled as stale with no prospects on the way?

Gillis. For all the things he did well, he surely wrecked the future of this team, resulting in a long stagnant period.

The last two head coaches hired by Jim Benning certainly hasn't change that stagnancy.  Two good head coaches for the Comets but don't look to be NHL material.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

If your guy is Gallant or Babcock then you’re right,  make the change tomorrow. Neither guy does anything for me so I wait until the end of the season.

Take a good look at Gallant’s record and he coaches with fire and passion 

i really wanted DeBoer but too late for him 

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I am just saying the division is making the Leafs look better than they are. 

If they had to face the rest of the east they wouldn’t be nearly as good. They wouldn’t even be a top team. 

Canada just sucks defensively which is gonna favour teams like the Laffs. 

On that topic all the Cali teams & Arizona have a better winning percentage than Van. 

Kinda glad we're in the North Division, not the Pacific... This year.