The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Linden wanted a full rebuild.  He was the one that was fired.  That tells you everything you need to know. 

Yeah, the actions/result(s) revealed what was not said...

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I see that you didn't even answer my post. Benning surely deserves blame, but to cast this on him for poor coaching decisions and strategies is hilarity. That's why jobs are specialized. If Benning was good at coaching, he'd be coaching, yes? You can't be a leader without faithfully passing on the responsibilities to people who are supposedly better at the job than the average person. This is why kings should not be engineers of boats, which is how that Swedish ship sunk after 10 minutes of sailing.

Shocked What Is It GIF

Dude, Benning hired the coach. And he hired Willie too. So it falls on him if the coaching sucks.

• Hydration 3
24 minutes ago, High and Inside said:

I’m not sure why people get so hung up on Travis Green. Is he doing a great job? Not necessarily but there are worse problems. Remember this team over achieved by nearly making it to the conference finals with Travis Green. What’s the difference this year? Roster construction. This is on Benning.

Listen to Greens post game. The dude has zero answers. Zero ideas for improvement.  He just doesn't have the attitude of a winning coach.

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1
  • Burr 1
35 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

Regarding Erickson, it seems to me that he has just been doggin it ever since he became a Canuck. Lacking in effort and unwilling to get physically involved. Benning’s mistake was in being a poor judge of character. Erickson has been very skilled in doing the absolute minimum to avoid a breach of contract lawsuit. I would be surprised if Canucks did not have their lawyers carefully study video of Erickson’s “efforts”. However, they should have fired his butt down to the minors after the first year of this bs. I wonder if Erickson ever feels the least bit guilty in cashing his paycheques? Basically, that contract has prevented us from having a true top six player in his place and that is a crucial defect in this team. Add in the overpaid mediocrities of B, S and R and it is no surprise the team is where it is. And to cap it, the top players know this and it has to affect their commitment.

I have been on Loui’s case as much as anyone however I seriously doubt he’s ’dogging it’.  Like all professional athletes, they jump the shark eventually.  For some, that happens quickly.  Look how Hansen’s game fell off the cliff so rapidly.    This is the danger of handing out such a long term big money contract at the age Loui was.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Hes just towing the company line.

No way any of them believe that. They’re told to say it.

I don’t get why this is so hard for people to grasp. 

• Hydration 1
22 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Listen to Greens post game. The dude has zero answers. Zero ideas for improvement.  He just doesn't have the attitude of a winning coach.

Just for tonights game, he shoulda said (or wanted to say), "I made a mistake and should had played Demmer cause Holtby was not ready to play tonight - lesson learned"...

Edited by ShawnAntoski