Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It would be nice to see a consistent effort.

 

Personally I view this season as a wash, not only because the Canucks are barely treading water, but because it's a truncated season during a pandemic. The compressed schedule, limited competition, and restrictions make this feel like a quasi-season rather than a legitimate 82 game season in front of fans. I never thought this team had the capability to roar back into the playoffs and make a legitimate run. Plenty of time for that in seasons to come. 

 

I hope that this team begins to forge an actual identity and runs with it. There seems to still be issues plaguing this team that aren't all based on fatigue. I hope for the sake of the players that will eventually form the next core, that the issues are rectified.  

1424684012_HalfaGame.thumb.png.d5a5be168a20a0c8568f554f19183ef0.png

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Yeah I think if they pick any of those three they have potential to bite us. I see Lind how I saw Vegas get Tuch from Minny. A young player on the cusp of breaking into the lineup and making an instant impact. I feel like Lind is on track for primetime next season. Would be a shame if we develop a scoring prospect only for a division rival to pluck him up right as they ripen. 
 

 

I agree with you and mGoo, a starting team needs some grit and youth with some offensive awareness. Would not be shocked at all if they pick him either. I can sort of see why OJ and mGoo are scratched to try and make them look worse than they are. But thankfully the Kraken can only take one.

yes

I really don't see the Krack doing us any favors by taking someone we want them to take

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Don’t apologize for crying. 

You should apologize for supporting an aging player, especially since he brings nothing to the team....ANYMORE.

 

3 hits lol that's all you got?

 

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Positives: we still have our draft pick allotment which we haven’t had that many of those in the JB era. So there is that...

shhhhh

the trade deadline is coming

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, lmm said:

Irrelevant if you can find interacted amateurs like Tanev.  Seven years and Henning hadn't been able to replace his defensive skill on the blue line.  Problem with Gillis is that Tanev was the only one he could find but that's still one more than Benning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

You should apologize for supporting an aging player, especially since he brings nothing to the team....ANYMORE.

 

3 hits lol that's all you got?

 

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

You're entertaining. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Irrelevant if you can find interacted amateurs like Tanev.  Seven years and Henning hadn't been able to replace his defensive skill on the blue line.  Problem with Gillis is that Tanev was the only one he could find but that's still one more than Benning.

I actually put Benny H in as a compable to Gauds

 

it is true Hoggy looks better than any 2nd Gillis drafted

and we agree gillis  did not do enough

I just don't think Benning has either

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lmm said:

I actually put Benny H in as a compable to Gauds

 

it is true Hoggy looks better than any 2nd Gillis drafted

and we agree gillis  did not do enough

I just don't think Benning has either

Not that I want to give the impression I want Gillis back.  I don't.  He was given more than enough chance.  My only point is that it's been SEVEN years since Gillis was fired.  Enough putting the current mess on him.  Just my opinion (not stating it as a fact)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

They must realize that they're dragging their heels half the game. 

I can only imagine the conversations behind closed doors.

  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Irrelevant if you can find interacted amateurs like Tanev.  Seven years and Henning hadn't been able to replace his defensive skill on the blue line.  Problem with Gillis is that Tanev was the only one he could find but that's still one more than Benning.

I think Benning creates and Green coaches a very lopsided offensive team

Rathbone looks like our best prospect in Utica, or maybe Lind

But with Hughes, how many small scoring D-men do we need?

Lind is 6'1" , 178#

put him with Petey, Hoggs , the oft injured Motter and we start to look like the Flames or Habs of 5 years ago... smurf hockey for the playoff win-Alex

this team is so lopsided that we look all world when we pile in 7 against bad teams but then get shut out against good/big teams

Nate Schmidt is not what we needed last offseason

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xereau said:

I can only imagine the conversations behind closed doors.

Truly. Is this team unified in their approach, or are there factions within the team that view this season and the team's direction differently? 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lmm said:

I actuall thought the idea was to be better than Gillis

or why change

It's scary that you don't see how much better Benning is, compared to Gillis, with respect to drafting/developing.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lmm said:

I think Benning creates and Green coaches a very lopsided offensive team

Rathbone looks like our best prospect in Utica, or maybe Lind

But with Hughes, how many small scoring D-men do we need?

Lind is 6'1" , 178#

put him with Petey, Hoggs , the oft injured Motter and we start to look like the Flames or Habs of 5 years ago... smurf hockey for the playoff win-Alex

this team is so lopsided that we look all world when we pile in 7 against bad teams but then get shut out against good/big teams

Nate Schmidt is not what we needed last offseason

I liked & still like the Schmidt acquisition.  He's new to the team that isn't playing well.  He will get better.  Solid two way defenseman.  I think on the calibre of Salo.  Problem is, we lack a solid defensive D men to go with Hughes.  Edler is really getting up there in age.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Not that I want to give the impression I want Gillis back.  I don't.  He was given more than enough chance.  My only point is that it's been SEVEN years since Gillis was fired.  Enough putting the current mess on him.  Just my opinion (not stating it as a fact)

The damage created by him has been very far reaching. Yes, he's gone, but the reality is, the damage to this team he has created, we are still paying for his mistakes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, lmm said:

Benning had depth when he took over

he had  a lot of it tied up in bad contracts

but he had depth

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000392015.html

 

and I am not here to argue Benning/Gillis because as I said earlier, I thought it was about being better than other GMs around the league

You can't really make the comparison with other GMs because they've all been in different situations. And not many GMs have been screwed by their predecessors, with except to teams like Arizona.

 

For example, making the comparison to Tampa Bay as a GM is totally unfair, given how good they've been set up for success.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, xereau said:

I can only imagine the conversations behind closed doors.

 

"Hey guys what are you getting from skip the dishes?"

"No game tomorrow I'm grabbing Sushi" 

"Brock put on some clothes thats not the kind of shrimp we're talking about"

"Hey guys about that blowout loss and giving up in the third..."

"Shutup Bo, nobody cares"

"Lol guys I'm Travis Green can you beleive they haven't fired me yet?"

  • Hydration 1
  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

The damage created by him has been very far reaching. Yes, he's gone, but the reality is, the damage to this team he has created, we are still paying for his mistakes.

Two AHL coaches hired by Benning did as much damage imho.  Wasting ELC years of EP and Hughes.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I liked & still like the Schmidt acquisition.  He's new to the team that isn't playing well.  He will get better.  Solid two way defenseman.  I think on the calibre of Salo.  Problem is, we lack a solid defensive D men to go with Hughes.  Edler is really getting up there in age.

I am also not a fan of Myers. He has size and some of his dangles are impressive. but he lacks the effort. He stands in front of our net and fails to clear it. I am close to calling him "lazy"

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...