Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

5 games under 500 in the last 17 games 

 

that changes everything!!!!

 

how did i miss such positive news? 
 

re-sign the coaching staff immediately with that incredible new trend data !!!

That is funny. I know we still suck, but it’s better than the 11 games under 500 your were suggesting. Guess I’m trying to keep the the glass half-full. Cheers.

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dazzle said:

It's scary that you don't see how much better Benning is, compared to Gillis, with respect to drafting/developing.

drafting has been better

I am not sold on the Canucks developing at all

is Depietro sitting on the taxi squad?

what D have we developed? 

How is Gaudette coming along? I don't even want to get into Jake today.

How is Juolevi making out in the press box?

how about Silovs and Sautner in Manitoba?

does waiting and hoping Tryamkin comes back from the K count as developement?

 

I don't think I am going too far out on a limb to say Demmer is by far Jims best job of developement

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

That is funny. I know we still suck, but it’s better than the 11 games under 500 your were suggesting. Guess I’m trying to keep the the glass half-full. Cheers.

Glass half full kinda guys are the ones that finally realize there is a problem and by then it's too late...your glass is empty.  

 

Can I Have Some More Rise Of The Guardians GIF by DreamWorks Animation

 

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

The damage created by him has been very far reaching. Yes, he's gone, but the reality is, the damage to this team he has created, we are still paying for his mistakes.

other than Luongo, what are the other mistakes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DarthMelvin said:

Glass half full kinda guys are the ones that finally realize there is a problem and by then it's too late...your glass is empty.  

 

Can I Have Some More Rise Of The Guardians GIF by DreamWorks Animation

 

 

Well that’s a very general statement directed at someone you know absolutely nothing about. I will determine the fullness of my glass myself. Thank you very much.

  • Hydration 1
  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You can't really make the comparison with other GMs because they've all been in different situations. And not many GMs have been screwed by their predecessors, with except to teams like Arizona.

 

For example, making the comparison to Tampa Bay as a GM is totally unfair, given how good they've been set up for success.

well if that is the case

then you should not be comparing Gillis to Benning either

Edited by lmm
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at the Islanders as an example of DECADES of mismanagement.  Look at them now after less than seven years.   Still blaming Gillis after seven years imho is weak.  Just my opinion.  

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, billabong said:

Guys, you gotta stop demanding green to be fired mid season

 

logistically it makes no sense.

 

 how do you expect a new coach to implement a new system or make any changes with no practice time? 
 

gotta just grind out the next 2 months with what you got

Nobody should expect a system's change with a new coach, but they should expect a culture change. That's the purpose of a new coach during a season like this. Right now all we are doing is hammering down a culture of being apathetic to the way the team is playing. 

  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Well that’s a very general statement directed at someone you know absolutely nothing about. I will determine the fullness of my glass myself. Thank you very much.

When you want to talk about glass fullness in regards to the Canucks and their state of the game at this very time and place...glass half full vs glass half empty...

 

If a person who has a glass half empty...they realize they need a refill (solution)

 

So you keep looking at your half filled cup with positivity and you will continue to get the same results. 

 

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Edited by DarthMelvin
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

When you want to talk about glass fullness in regards to the Canucks and their state of the game at this very time and place...glass half full vs glass half empty...

 

If a person who has a glass half empty...they realize they need a refill (solution)

 

So you keep look at your half filled cup with positivity and you will continue to get the same results. 

 

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

that is deep 

you are going to ruin Dazz + Goosy with that kind of talk

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lmm said:

that is deep 

you are going to ruin Dazz + Goosy with that kind of talk

About as deep as a glass half full

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

When you want to talk about glass fullness in regards to the Canucks and their state of the game at this very time and place...glass half full vs glass half empty...

 

If a person who has a glass half empty...they realize they need a refill (solution)

 

So you keep looking at your half filled cup with positivity and you will continue to get the same results. 

 

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Nothing wrong with positivity in any situation my friend. However I am fully aware of reality. Again, thanks.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Nobody should expect a system's change with a new coach, but they should expect a culture change. That's the purpose of a new coach during a season like this. Right now all we are doing is hammering down a culture of being apathetic to the way the team is playing. 

People talk abuot how the opposition knows the Canuck system and how to play against it

I think Green has put himself in the same corner Vig did with entitled players

Hughes KNOWS he can stay out for 2 minute shifts if he want

in fact the whole 1st PP knows this

JT knows he can act grumpy but not backcheck if he wants

Bo knows he can say the same thing every presser 

Holtby will get his starts 

the Vet defense will play and Oli will sit

Loui will get paid full salary and keep an NHL job

 

the most ground breaking shift this seson is Hoggy (a rookie) being moved to the 3rd line

how long did Miller last on the 3rd, 1 period?

 

this team is very cose to the team Torts took over in 2013

 

edit

and when it comes to entitlement, why would it not be that way?

Jim went from assitant GM to president

Green went from Junior head coach> AHL head coach> NHL head coach

how many management teams can boast that?

Edited by lmm
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

About as deep as a glass half full

no way, that was deeper

like really deep

like philsopher deepness

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lmm said:

People talk abuot how the opposition knows the Canuck system and how to play against it

I think Green has put himself in the same corner Vig did with entitled players

Hughes KNOWS he can stay out for 2 minute shifts if he want

in fact the whole 1st PP knows this

JT knows he can act grumpy but not backcheck if he wants

Bo knows he can say the same thing every presser 

Holtby will get his starts 

the Vet defense will play and Oli will sit

Loui will get paid full salary and keep an NHL job

 

the most ground breaking shift this seson is Hoggy (a rookie) being moved to the 3rd line

how long did Miller last on the 3rd, 1 period?

 

this team is very cose to the team Torts took over in 2013

 

edit

and when it comes to entitlement, why would it not be that way?

Jim went from assitant GM to president

Green went from Junior head coach> AHL head coach> NHL head coach

how many management teams can boast that?

sounds like you need to go look for a new team to cheer for, if you think we are the only team that has problems

  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

HolyToledo..the gripin' sometimes!

 

When we win..whoa, look at the present!:frantic:

Loss? Well, start daydreamin' about the future.:ph34r:

 

Now heck..ain't so hard, is it?:emot-parrot:

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Look at the Islanders as an example of DECADES of mismanagement.  Look at them now after less than seven years.   Still blaming Gillis after seven years imho is weak.  Just my opinion.  

They are JUST finished paying off the long Dipietro contract.

 

They also have had good depth, sprinkled throughout the years. They've also had a 1st overall  in Tavares, who's now a Leaf. He walked by the way.

 

We would be ENVIOUS if we had their depth. Anders Lee is a 6th round star. They totally flubbed 2014 though LOL. And they do have Barzal. Our equivalent of Boeser.


Cizikas is/was also a good pick.


We NEVER had a single player similar to the names I named above under Gillis.

Edited by Dazzle
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bree2 said:

sounds like you need to go look for a new team to cheer for, if you think we are the only team that has problems

how would that help?

if other teams have problems too, I might as well stay here

 

look Bree I don't tell you to get out,

you are welcome to stay and RAH RAH Jim + Greenie's every move

I'll stay and discuss their many shortcomings

Link to post
Share on other sites

hey Stealth

we are having so much fun here

did you close tomorrows thread so we can keep having fun here??????

haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lmm said:

how would that help?

if other teams have problems too, I might as well stay here

 

look Bree I don't tell you to get out,

you are welcome to stay and RAH RAH Jim + Greenie's every move

I'll stay and discuss their many shortcomings

This is what a discussion is. We can be critical about a situation, but to overlook certain things to push a narrative is just being dishonest. Benning has made plenty of mistakes that can be judged for itself. So if we're looking at that, we can.

 

For example: keeping two rookie coaches like WD/TG. They are mediocre coaches when you think about their records. WD had an inferior roster and has a better win percentage than TG. That's just sad.

  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...