The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Anyone Missing TSN 1040?

Rate this topic

dpn1

Yep, miss it quite a bit. The local personalities but also regular hits by Ferraro and Button.

650, while I listened to it a bit over the years and more now obviously, was never at 1040’s level. It was no accident that 1040 thoroughly TROUNCED 650 in the ratings.

It is a crime that we have to listen to the current 650 morning show while Halford and Brough are sidelined....hopefully they are organizing a podcast or something.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Yep, miss it quite a bit. The local personalities but also regular hits by Ferraro and Button.

650, while I listened to it a bit over the years and more now obviously, was never at 1040’s level. It was no accident that 1040 thoroughly TROUNCED 650 in the ratings.

It is a crime that we have to listen to the current 650 morning show while Halford and Brough are sidelined....hopefully they are organizing a podcast or something.

Yes!  That is the other piece of why 1040 was better.

Better hosts and better guests.  Ferraro, Button, Mackzenzie (now retired)... there were a bunch of folks.  Even having a guy like Farhan pop on for a chat.

• Like 2

I missed 1040 a lot, and I agreed with OP that I feel kind of out of the loop of what's happening with the team.

I tuned in to 650 one time, and the 2 hosts spent 5 minutes discussing whether Gaudette is a legit goal scorer on the team. All I can say is the discussion is pretty boring and I turned to something else.

I do miss Don Taylor and the Curtain Bloggers but that’s about it. I absolutely love NOT hearing that cancerous muppet voice Matt Sekeres. He can move back to Ottawa and be the Mayor of Wrongville for all I care. So happy not to hear that nasally voice. 

1B3F9B58-AD6E-4ECD-99C5-1F8980842A10.jpeg

• Upvote 2

On 3/2/2021 at 3:39 PM, Zhukini said:

Rintoul is so bad 

reach deep has grown on me and Sats a blossoming star now that he isn’t always kissing the Canucks ass and has a spine 

He is going to be the one throwing the softies at Benning tomorrow at 11AM. I wholeheartedly agree he the most bland and on the fence radio personality in Vancouver. He needs a co-host. I really hope SN hires Don Taylor to fill in that time slot.  Scotty should not have his own show as it’s as dull as watching paint dry. Either he gets a co-host or I think he will be out of a gig pretty soon with the talent available. Resurrect Donny & The Moj 9-12AM on SN650. Your welcome Sportsnet;)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

He is going to be the one throwing the softies at Benning tomorrow at 11AM. I wholeheartedly agree he the most bland and on the fence radio personality in Vancouver. He needs a co-host. I really hope SN hires Don Taylor to fill in that time slot.  Scotty should not have his own show as it’s as dull as watching paint dry. Either he gets a co-host or I think he will be out of a gig pretty soon with the talent available. Resurrect Donny & The Moj 9-12AM on SN650. Your welcome Sportsnet;)

I used to love B-Mac and Rintoul in the mornings back in the day.  Scotty comes on when I'm at work and can't listen.  I can't picture him on his own though.  He needs someone to banter with a little bit.

I'm personally not a fan of music or news radio so I always hope that sports radio does well.

• Cheers 1

Sportsnet is incredibly weak not only in terms of radio personalities, but in signal quality. I really miss the 1040 shows and guests, and 650 is barely worth it to the point that I might just drop AM radio altogether. Ray Ferraro is my favourite guest speaker bar none.

Edited by Frigid
  • Cheers 3

16 hours ago, Baratheon said:

I used to love B-Mac and Rintoul in the mornings back in the day.  Scotty comes on when I'm at work and can't listen.  I can't picture him on his own though.  He needs someone to banter with a little bit.

I'm personally not a fan of music or news radio so I always hope that sports radio does well.

yeesh, "not a fan of music?"

that's a bleak existence. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

I grew up listening and watching Donnie.

would really really love it if he could do game highlights again. Sportspage was the best Hockey sports show in Vancouvers history.

NHL Network could use Donnie too liven up the vanilla.  Katherine Tappen was great on NHL network til she moved to NBC sports. KT is great eye candy imo.

Edited by HockeyHarry

Don't miss 1040.

I miss Don Taylor but I haven't listened to his show in years.

The only other things I liked about 1040 was Ferraro, and Bob Mac. 

That's it.

It's not like the rest of 1040 had great radio personalities as well.

It sucks that people lose their jobs in the name of higher profits for their shareholders. 

7 hours ago, gurn said:

It's all where you put the comma.

He said he wasn't a fan of music radio, not that he's not a fan of music.

This! I love listening to music but not on the radio.  

I have my own playlists for that! 

• Upvote 1

I miss real local sports radio like sports talk 980, or the team 1040.  I'm so sick of these corporate, generic, one size fits all (as long as it's Toronto) based radio stations.  Very poor quality top to bottom.  Don Taylor, Barry MacDonald,  (and to a lesser degree) Scott Rintoul were/are the only guys I listened to.  I hear Don and friends are planing to start up their own local station.  I'll support that big time if they do.

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Cheers 1