The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 4, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, TSN4

Rate this topic

-SN-

38 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

You're arguing different levels of toughness. 2011 wasn't tough as in "take your lunch money" tough, but they were grindy AF. 

We've never had a team remotely close to as grindy (which is why that team destroyed everybody but unfortunately they were probably the most injured team to ever play in the finals for the cup ever). 7 of the top 9 forwards were injured and 4 of the 6 dmen were injured. 

We have had teams from the onset right through and until the 2011 team that were grindier then the 2011 team so i don't know where your going with this.   People romanticize the 2011 team which is great - they should - but let's keep it real - they were the most skilled team we've had yet - but sorry Lappy, Torres, Richardson and yes even Maholtra who didn't play anyways - have had plenty of counterparts over the years that were a lot "grindier" then that one.   Burrows or Gelinas?  Momesso or Lappy (lol), Murzyn/Glynn - Rome?  In case you weren't there - after the lockout things quickly became far less "grindy".    Is Ryan Walter - cup winner and former C for the Habs as your 4th line C, playing in a much tougher and rougher era, less grindy then whomever?  

And don't get me talking about the late 90's-early 2000's teams.    The 2011/peak Sedin team was a skill team with balance throughout the lineup - not a "grindy" team.    Spend some time looking at Lindros and Mario highlights.   Grindy back then was an entirely different level then it was for any team - including Boston or anyone else peak Sedin era.   Chara wasn't even a good enforcer when he joined the league.   We don't even have power forwards anymore / they don't exist, and barely did in 2011.     The PHI teams of the 90's would have murdered us without dropping the gloves once - same with any Canuck team from 1977-2005

Edited by IBatch

25 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

wonderful.

EDM got routed by the Leafs with 6-1 yesterday.

Don't even want to imagine what will happen to the Canucks tonight.

Maybe:

VAN 1

TOR 8

not sure if it will b 8-1 leafs, but will be something similar, i have zero faith in holtby

3 minutes ago, SNuck said:

Ok we need a new pre-game controversy stat!

So Canucks media requested Jim for a zoom interview, and a weaseled out to do a interview on homer radio where tough questions won't ne asked. Heck even the Blue Jackets GM did a zoom interview not sure why Jimbo can't is he scared

• Like 1

Lol if those lines correct. OJ out, Virtanen out. Yeesh. I have to fiin watch Loui too. Yay!

OJ in for Benn

JV for Loui

ok with hawrlyuk getting another look

but hey I guess I’m just a fan 

• Huggy Bear 1