The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 4, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, TSN4

Rate this topic

Just now, Canucksince99 said:

I mean isn’t he always supposed to be coaching the team to wins? That’s the bottom line. Whether he has a contract in place for next season or not he’s supposed to help the team find ways to win. 

Then he should be playing demko more 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

We need to play the leafs at this time more often

Yes it was past their bedtime. 

• Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah Greener should be playing these youngsters a bit more. He should know by now that 2-3(barring next wave of prospects) of them will be in the bottom 6 long term. 

Rolling four lines despite the talent level keeps the line up engage and Imo, with this kind of strategy a team with not so many star players can still compete if they get good goaltending with a very structured strategy...

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
Just now, Devron44 said:

Makes one wonder what performance Demko would have had tonight if he played the back to back. It was the right call. Now you can ride Demko without and back to backs in sight 

I'm just not a fan of playing goaltenders in back to back games 

Gotta manage the fatigue over the course of a season and giving your goaltender rest cuts down the risk of injury 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
Just now, Canucksince99 said:

I mean isn’t he always supposed to be coaching the team to wins? That’s the bottom line. Whether he has a contract in place for next season or not he’s supposed to help the team find ways to win. 

True. I’m just talking in regards to OJ sitting. Maybe playing some young players a little more like they did tonight. Also helps not playing from behind 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

So much for your sub 5 minute guess, he looked solid too no major mistakes 

was minus one didnt take his man when covering for hughes 

908C3262-7D6D-4056-9828-FBB06F953AF9.png

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1
2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

when do you ever hear these dweebs make excuses for the Canucks?

typical smarm.   Drance was a way better fit in Florida.

Can we just ship him out to Boston or something 

I'll take a wooden leg for him 

Edited by Coconuts
Just now, Coconuts said:

I'm just not a fan of playing goaltenders in back to back games 

Gotta manage the fatigue over the course of a season and giving your goaltender rest cuts down the risk of injury 

Very true. I knew Calgary was gonna run Markstrom into the ground. So early in the season too. 

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Whatever it is, he's shown flashes of this over the years, he plays like this on a nightly basis, he will be a top 6 guy, consistently.

Hopefully, the Staff has realized this by now that ( like Demmer) when he knows he is playing top 6 with guaranteed minutes he can focus on just playing; instead of being concerned about ice time...

Also, hopefully JV has realized to focus on just the things he can control.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1
Just now, Devron44 said:

True. I’m just talking in regards to OJ sitting. Maybe playing some young players a little more like they did tonight. Also helps not playing from behind 

Yeah I agree I wish they would play the young guys more but at the same time I think they’re not dressing them to keep them protected from Seattle. In the games they do play however, they need to be playing more minutes because they are actually playing very well. 

Just now, canuktravella said:

was minus one didnt take his man when covering for hughes 

908C3262-7D6D-4056-9828-FBB06F953AF9.png

He wasn't perfect, but you don't nitpick a guy after he plays a solid during his first NHL game 

• Hydration 2
6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't get it. 

This Maple Leafs team is a vampire. Until you see the stake in their heart, it's not over.

Drance tweeted this late in the third ^

• Hydration 1