The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 4, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, TSN4

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Hughes shouldn’t have jumped there, that is more on Hughes than Michaelis especially in his first game. 

I mean if a d man jumps up the player dropping back still has to do a good job covering. Point is yeah Hughes didn’t need to jump up but that’s his game he’s gonna keep doing that he just had to choose better times to do it. The player that drops back to cover doesn’t get a write off either just cause they switched positions. He still lost his man which led to a goal for the leafs. Not saying he’s a bad player or anything that’s like the only mistake I saw him make. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Next game lineup I'll be watching very very closely. Demko earned this back to back and isn't tired...he's young and can do it again and frustrate the hell out of the Leafs. I'm not against Holtby, but as a coach, you have to play the hot hand and give it a chance. Put him in coach... fans want to see it!

Personally, I wouldn't bother cause by now, Demko should know he is #1 despite, the results moving forward.  Perhaps, pay more attention as to how the Zebras will manage the next game instead since it is HNIC

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, Canucksince99 said:

I mean if a d man jumps up the player dropping back still has to do a good job covering. Point is yeah Hughes didn’t need to jump up but that’s his game he’s gonna keep doing that he just had to choose better times to do it. The player that drops back to cover doesn’t get a write off either just cause they switched positions. He still lost his man which led to a goal for the leafs. Not saying he’s a bad player or anything that’s like the only mistake I saw him make. 

Was a bad pinch, period. But Hughes offensively is a high risk high reward player. These breakdowns will happen occasionally 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, BarnBurner said:

I'm alright with not running them into the ground, but the last game against the Jet's was not smart in my opinion. You shut them out the night before, and you don't put the hot goaltender in? Why wouldn't you? You don't have to run him into the ground, but at that point, you won't to roll with the hot goalie to at least build some momentum. 

Personally I just looked at the schedule and saw that we don’t have a back to back situation until 3rd week of March so it made sense to me. We shouldn’t have to worry about putting Holtby in net. Hope Ian and Braden figure it out 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

How bad is this whining going to look if we do make the playoffs? Lol. 

Honestly that would be really funny. Obviously though if the team plays great under green and makes the playoff and makes some noise benning will extend him. I’m still on the fire the coaching staff train. At the very least they need to switch up the assistant coaches and see how green can work with others better suited for those positions 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Personally I just looked at the schedule and saw that we don’t have a back to back situation until 3rd week of March so it made sense to me. We shouldn’t have to worry about putting Holtby in net. Hope Ian and Braden figure it out 

Fair enough. I'm just trying to build momentum. Can't do that by switching them up for the sake of it. I personally wouldn't have made that choice.

• Cheers 2