The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 4, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, TSN4

Rate this topic

Just now, yes we can nucks said:

The coaches are falling like dominoes this season. Lames just fired Ward. Bergervin could be next. Is Green on thin ice?

Owners too cheap, otherwise he would have been fired already. Looks like they are just going to ride the season out and move on...can't see them not replacing at least 1 of Green/Benning

• Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Owners too cheap, otherwise he would have been fired already. Looks like they are just going to ride the season out and move on...can't see them not replacing at least 1 of Green/Benning

Or they could be hoping for a miracle turnaround.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Pettersson, do we really need him? jokes 

Jake finally had a great game. Took 300 games, but good on him, hope he can keep up that style of play. If so, forget about trading him. 

Demko played really well. TOR did have the back-to-back, so they'll want revenge tomorrow. Should be a good one if the Canucks play the same way. 

• Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1
4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

careful with the Myers tire pumping, that will get people angry around here :lol: guys been really good for us.

Demko is now up to a .911 save percentage - checked the NHL.com stats, that puts him at #12 for goalies that have played 12 or more games. 

*With a tire fire in front of him most of the season.

But yeah, Marky leaving is the reason for our woes...:rolleyes:

• Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, Oldmanpower said:

Keep Miller at center please

I agree.  

And would propose to run a top 9 vs top 6 to spread out the talent and minutes.  Grinder center sniper format.  Then hopefully get to running all 4 lines that contribute on a regular basis. 

So when all are healthy...

Pearson Bo JV

Motte Miller Boeser

Hoglander EP40 Gaudette 

Sutter Beagle BigMac

Roussel 

Or something like that.  Lines not in order between 1st and 3rd.

Just a thought.

I must again say that the SN650 morning crew are horrible.  Amateurish.

I would have thought that they might have picked up some talent from 1040.

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

I agree.  

And would propose to run a top 9 vs top 6 to spread out the talent and minutes.  Grinder center sniper format.  Then hopefully get to running all 4 lines that contribute on a regular basis. 

So when all are healthy...

Pearson Bo JV

Motte Miller Boeser

Hoglander EP40 Gaudette 

Sutter Beagle BigMac

Roussel 

Or something like that.  Lines not in order between 1st and 3rd.

Just a thought.

EP struggles a bit with faceoffs.

VAN beat the best team in the league, TOR, so I recorded the Sportsnet afterwards, to get all of the highlites and interviews. The entire episode was dedicated to Wayne's Dad (RIP). I wonder if they would've squeezed in some game highlites if the Leafs won. 

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

He played over 21 minutes in tough situations against Toronto's top players in a 3-1 win. He assisted on Horvat's goal, was a plus two and was credited with two hits. What the hell else do you want? 

A robot that doesn't make mistakes apparently.

People need to realize that all D make mistakes. Even the best, first pair guys in the world.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Tyson was like Ali in his impact on boxing when he arrived.   Ali a lot of folks thought he was just lucky to beat Liston, who was a great champ in his own right.   Round two he showed the world it wasn't a fluke.   The hype around Tyson was there before he got his title shot ... fought more then anyone i remember given the quality of competition and the frequency - because nobody could barely make him break a sweat before knocked him out. 

It's crazy to look at how many fights he had - and still is the youngest heavyweight champ in the world.   A lot of those guys were good fighter too.   The fact he was always smaller (of course built like a tank), and had to get inside to go to town ... Tyson and Ali are the fastest heavyweights i've ever seen. 

What a difference personality/likability makes.  Ali was originally controversial, but always clever and approachable... Tyson ended up being seen as little more than a mentally challenged rapist.  In their primes though: man I wouldn't want to be facing Tyson.  I remember fights where very good opponents were simply frightened, unable to execute whatever their plan was.  The challenge was to survive the first half of the first round!  Lennox Lewis was the kind of fighter who could survive Tyson... but who else? To the best of my recollection, Holyfield didn't face the Tyson we saw early on. 

In theory, Tyson should have changed boxing: eliminated the feeling out round, brought back stocky inside fighting, ended long fights with controversial decisions, made it more like mma really, when I think of it.  Fast, memorable short fights. 

31 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

The coaches are falling like dominoes this season. Lames just fired Ward. Bergervin could be next. Is Green on thin ice?

Ya think ? 

15 minutes ago, appleboy said:

EP struggles a bit with faceoffs.

I know but its something he can work on to improve.

19 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

VAN beat the best team in the league, TOR, so I recorded the Sportsnet afterwards, to get all of the highlites and interviews. The entire episode was dedicated to Wayne's Dad (RIP). I wonder if they would've squeezed in some game highlites if the Leafs won. 

Even if they did talk about the Nucks, it would've been that they were lucky, the Leafs were tired. Funny I never heard about the Nucks brutal schedule when they were losing early on.

• Vintage 2