The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 4, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, TSN4

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

A929B46F-5BE9-4075-A9B3-F025423C0D32.gif

He was impressive earlier in the season. Only reason OJ got back in the lineup was because chatty got injured. It's not that laughable. Chatfield has top 4 potential.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

No he isn't. 

Maybe he/she's  joking - or maybe confused with Rafferty - a week or so ago by mistake i quoted Craig Button from last January saying Rafferty is ready at that time - to jump into the NHL and be a top four D...but said Chatfield by accident.   Not that i agree with that - but i do respect Button, he's got a good rep.   Rafferty had one game ... OJ has had quite a few more, for a good reason. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Maybe he/she's  joking - or maybe confused with Rafferty - a week or so ago by mistake i quoted Craig Button from last January saying Rafferty is ready at that time - to jump into the NHL and be a top four D...but said Chatfield by accident.   Not that i agree with that - but i do respect Button, he's got a good rep.   Rafferty had one game ... OJ has had quite a few more, for a good reason. 

Jalen Chatfield's played in 9 games this season?

also button's a known idiot and has been for time lol.

Edited by Cobra!

1 hour ago, aznmonk said:

Aint backup goalies suppose to be on the cheaper side.  Should of brought in Richard Bachman (sp) has more fight then holtby.  

Holtby wasn’t signed to be a back up goalie. He was signed to compete with Demko. What if Benning signed Bachman to be the backup to Demko and then Demko turned into Bachman?  Then what?  

At any rate according to CapFriendly Holtby can be bought out this summer for a $500,000 cap hit in 2021 so if he keeps playing like this Benning can simply buy him out and sign Bachman this summer for 750k to be our backup for next year. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Cobra! said:

He was impressive earlier in the season. Only reason OJ got back in the lineup was because chatty got injured. It's not that laughable. Chatfield has top 4 potential.

You should probably stop now before you embarrass yourself any further...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Cobra! said:

Rathbone maybe . Chatfield.......not so sure about that. Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Edited by cuporbust

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You should probably stop now before you embarrass yourself any further...

literally ad hominem

if im wrong tell me why. you guys are being dumb.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, cuporbust said:

Rathbone maybe . Chatfield.......not so sure about that 

That's fair. In the post that started all this I said :"rathbone in particular" My thinking with chatfield was that he would be the one to step in immediately if we trade OJ, seeing as how HE LITERALLY BEAT OJ FOR A SPOT OUT OF CAMP.

Argue whether or not he has top 4 potential sure, but these guys are just being idiots about it,

@SNuck please also note the passive aggressive reactions from @bree2 and others that contribute nothing to the conversation and have no purpose other than to provoke. Far more than what I did to earn my warning in my opinion. 

This place has really gone down hill over the past couple years and the regulars getting away with this kind of attitude is a huge reason why,

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Cobra! said:

@SNuck please also note the passive aggressive reactions from @bree2 and others that contribute nothing to the conversation and have no purpose other than to provoke. Far more than what I did to earn my warning in my opinion. 

This place has really gone down hill over the past couple years and the regulars getting away with this kind of attitude is a huge reason why,

You're the one attacking people and being disruptive; the same thing you earned your warning for. Maybe try being a bit less abrasive, and don't take everything personally. It's a discussion and you need to be able to accept people disagreeing with you. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, SNuck said:

You're the one attacking people and being disruptive; the same thing you earned your warning for. Maybe try being a bit less abrasive, and don't take everything personally. It's a discussion and you need to be able to accept people disagreeing with you. 

point out to me where i've attacked people in this thread. I'm stating my opinion and actually displaying reasoning for my thinking. I literally have not had one person (outside of cuporbust) reply with anything that contributes to the converation or isnt some kind of person attack.

im sorry, but that's total bs.

• Haha 1