The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 4, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, TSN4

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

RIP to Gracie. My sister in law's Golden Retriever, man not even dogs are immune from cancer. 

She was 16. My sister in law will get a different breed of dog, as she's retired. She can't handle another Golden as it will hurt too much for her. 

(I think Gracie was the daughter she never had) 

My brother gets to work here and on Galiano, finishing their house and working on other houses. So he stays busy. 

(Personally I still miss Harley, my brother's first golden retriever.)

Sad part is I think I still have Gracie's fur on my jacket when I saw her last. 

RIP, that's a tough time. I lost one of my dogs to cancer as well. Took me 10 years before I could get another. I feel their/your pain. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

That's sad....I'm sorry to hear this.

My daughter's b/f's Mom and Dad have a beautiful Golden Retriever....he's just been diagnosed with cancer not long ago too.  We're pretending we didn't hear the diagnosis...too painful.  

Funny thing if I came over, Gracie always made a bee line for me. Because I'd scratch under her chin. And give her lots of attention. She was always so loving. 

That's why I'd leave my brother's place covered in fur. Lol. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

RIP, that's a tough time. I lost one of my dogs to cancer as well. Took me 10 years before I could get another. I feel their/your pain. 

Not even my dog. But I feel so sorry for my sister-in-law. Gracie meant the world to her. 

57 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Hate to say it but you’re right Leads look legit.

Kills me to say that. Hope it’s an early exit for them but they may make it out of the division anyway.

If those guys were going to be gone. That would have happened already 

The Leafs have matured, they really have gotten better.  We did too last year.  But this year is a real set back for us. Breaks my heart.  

I hate to say it, but the management in Vancouver has been too nice, too generous.

A less nice bunch would have parked Eriksson in Utica last year so that he'd have moved on by now, probably re-signed somewhere else in the past summer.  Still don't know why the team paid Edler so much to come back for two last years.  Edler has been just terrible.  Cannot skate to save his life.  Looks lost and passive every time fast players start buzzing around him.  A less nice bunch would not have re-signed him.  A more honest management would have parked him in the seats with Eriksson by now, so that the younger D could get a chance.  They can at least defend against the rush.     A more ruthless management would have found ways to move Tanev and Markstrom well before their UFA deadlines.  And found a way to pay Beagle and Roussel less and for less years.   For that matter, a less sentimental bunch would have moved the Sedins for picks while they still had value.  I used to think that being nice and fair was the way to go in any management system, but I don't know now... 

7 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Argh, LE should not be playing. Period. I don’t care if he’s even better than some options. He’s a constant reminder of massive depressing contracts and deadweight on this team. He should be sent to Utica to see if he really has the desire to stick out his contract by bus.

He’s not better he is possibly the worst player in the system.it greens fault he doesn’t know how to use the young players.
 Mac is quick checks hard creates chances and is back fast LE does none of those things.

LE should just be sent home. Pay him to stay away. 

same we need oj chatfield rathbone Rafferty playing  for this team to get better  we don’t need haminic Benn who won’t  be here.

Can’t wait for JB and Green to be packing their bags. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

That's rough. Took two years before my brother got another golden after his first. They got him more for my nephews sake. My brother came home, found this golden playing with his son's. He said, yeah it's ok.....he can stay. Lol.