The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 4, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, TSN4

Rate this topic

-SN-

15 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

And then you have time to make proper assessments. Instead just throwing a body in their that may not be the right guy either 

I'd like to see the Canucks throw their bodies around, make some nice plays, score some nice goals, perhaps Hoglander pulls the Michigan. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Sadly the result is a foregone conclusion, unless the Hockey gods decide to smile upon the Nucks....and shyte all over the leafs....as currently the Leafs are smacking the Oilers in a big way....

So the battle for the last playoff spot ...LOL...Habs holding it...5 points ahead of the Nucks with 5 games in hand.....

51 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Buffalo is a hot mess. 

Our season thus far has just been very disapointing given what happened in the bubble and how we played. Future is still very bright for this club though. 

Canucks are tied right now for 2nd most losses this season of any team in the NHL .  Our club clearly is a hot mess  right now.    I agree the future could be bright for our club  as long as our next GM doesn't  overpay and give up too much term for broken down declining older vets discarded from their former teams. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Canucks are tied right now for 2nd most losses this season of any team in the NHL .  Our club clearly is a hot mess  right now.    I agree the future could be bright for our club  as long as our next GM doesn't  overpay and give up too much term for broken down declining older vets discarded from their former teams. 

All Gms that have rich owners do that are you new? 

Edited by CanuckleHorse
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, lmm said:

5.3 %

no fans

no booing

no bags on our heads

no bronx cheers 

Aqua and the boys can pretend all is right with the world of Canuckville

... except when they look at the standings.

Go Canucks Go!

5 hours ago, zimmy said:

My glass is always half full but even if it was a quarter full there still has to be some likelihood of a Canuck win especially with the Leafs back to back. I get the doom and gloom with some posters but it’s the Leafs man!!! They still have tons to prove before I crown ‘em! Even if they take 2 from our boys. Not impressed with the sample size to be honest.

The laughs played against Edmonton.  So they are coming in tired. Canucks take advantage and come out hard 4-2 nucks 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Montreal fired there head coach and now fired there goalie coach??? I think we have an opportunity sneak into the playoffs. 5 game losing steak fires everyone.  No wonder the players love to play here vacation pay....  Hughes can be the next Housley +/- (-53) or our very own Dave babych +/- (-216) pick  your poison. He ain't gonna be no Ray bourque!!!!!

Edited by aznmonk

21 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Would rather our club be clearly out of the playoffs by the deadline....     then move a few vets for picks and / or  prospects.  Create more younger depth in our club.

This is not our year.  Canucks are still a few years away from going deep in the playoffs. Now is the time to create more depth in our organization. 

I don't want a couple of home playoff games every 2-3 years.  I want the CUP. 

Not with our mediocre AHL coaching staff. It's not the players problem it's the coaches.  They players follow coaches game plan if they don't they either be playing 4 line role or in the bleachers watching.  You can't teach offense.  But sure can teach defensive system. Our defensive system lacks.  Markstrom bailed them out all of last year.  Stole us a ton of games where we have no chance of winning stealing us loser points.  If any one of holtby can steal those loser points we are gravey this year.  Steal us 4 loser points we would be 1 point from 4th place Montreal.......

Edited by aznmonk

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Team needs to start the game out crushing every leafs player. And ignore everything Brown, Baumgartner and Green tell them to do. 

This is the Vancouver Canucks you are talking about. Remember that. 

2 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

Travis Green after the game tomm “ I thought we competed hard late in the third but it’s tough to comeback when your down 4-0 in the first. I felt Rousell was our best player but we need all our players to be like Rousell. We’ll be ready for Saturday”

bo horvat ugh GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

Bo Horvat after the game tomm " I know last week I/we were going to put our foor down. Next game, we may actually put the second foot down and begin skating"

• Haha 1