The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 4, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, TSN4

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Canucks are tied right now for 2nd most losses this season of any team in the NHL .  Our club clearly is a hot mess  right now.    I agree the future could be bright for our club  as long as our next GM doesn't  overpay and give up too much term for broken down declining older vets discarded from their former teams.

These next 2 games against the Leafs will be huge. They have been terrorizing their opponents and if we can manage to take these games, it could get the team rolling in the right direction. On the flip side, if they dominate us like they did with the Oilers, this could be the trigger JB needs to make some moves to ship out vets on expiring deals for picks or prospects. 

This season has been hard to watch as a fan but I consider Buffalo and Detroit to be hot messes as they have been in the mud for a while now and continue to play poorly whereas we have more to hope in for the present and the future, but time will tell I guess. If the playoffs seem out of reach, we need to focus on the draft and moving out any assests on our roster which other teams could see fitting their needs.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Leafs beat the Oilers handily again, but perhaps some suspect reffing, with Leafs given 5 powerplays and Oilers given none. I'm guessing we'd be up in arms if that happens to us Thursday.

Edited by Slegr

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

As much as I am not a fan of Nylander I have heard and seen nothing that displays character issues. 

Personally, given his refusal to treat his own zone as somewhere he can enter without a tourist visa, and him quitting on his teammates in order to bend over Dumbass into giving him his abomination of a contract, I would be steering clear of him.  He clearly doesn't have winning as a priority given his history of floating.

Are there any stats on how many goals we give up in the last 2 minutes of a period? Is it my imagination or is it a quite high number?

I feel like that is one of our many weaknesses this year. Even with 2.6 seconds to go we still can't protect the puck long enough to avoid being scored on.

• RoughGame 1

9 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Are there any stats on how many goals we give up in the last 2 minutes of a period? Is it my imagination or is it a quite high number?

I feel like that is one of our many weaknesses this year. Even with 2.6 seconds to go we still can't protect the puck long enough to avoid being scored on.

I don't have stats but it feels like more than usual this year. That has been a core part of the Canucks identity for 50 years though, so it's more of a cultural celebration. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SNuck said:

I don't have stats but it feels like more than usual this year. That has been a core part of the Canucks identity for 50 years though, so it's more of a cultural celebration. 

I think we only ever gave up the lead once in the 2011 Finals (and we still ended winning that game in OT).  Problem was not having enough healthy defensemen.  I could be wrong but ironically I think Salo of all people was more or less the only  fully healthy D.  Well maybe Ballard but he was awful lol.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1