The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 4, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, TSN4

Rate this topic

Jake is a local boy.  Think about it... I'm sure he hates the Leafs as much as we all do, so he is playing extra hard tonight.

• Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, Canucksince99 said:

I’ve always wanted him to be on the PK. With his speed he has potential to get the pk goals 

he can actually strip the puck pretty dam good he is great if he focuses on the puck in all situations

• Hydration 1
Just now, Canucksince99 said:

That is very true but what I’m saying is that it has to do with his confidence. If they keep him up in the top 6 now I think it will help him a lot and he’ll be more consistent. Of course though time will tell if he can be 

I 100% agree that lack of confidence is what's holding him back from reaching his true potential.

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, Provost said:

Exactly!!  He is on one of his 1 great game out of 12 that happens almost like clockwork.

Calgary needs a RW really badly apparently.  If they don’t ask Tanev or Markstrom, we may be able to trick them into taking Jake.

bennet a healthy scratch tonight

• Hydration 1
3 minutes ago, Canucksince99 said:

That is very true but what I’m saying is that it has to do with his confidence. If they keep him up in the top 6 now I think it will help him a lot and he’ll be more consistent. Of course though time will tell if he can be 

Perhaps, for this game he new was playing top 6 with guaranteed minutes and he can focus on playing.  Hawryluk, has been benched, 5 minutes so far 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Hydration 1
Just now, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

he can actually strip the puck pretty dam good he is great if he focuses on the puck in all situations

I feel like he’s one of those guys that really needs the minutes for his confidence. Its a mental game as much as it is physical, if not more. 

• Vintage 1

Hmm, so I was late coming in during the 1st period, and Virtanen scored. I just got back in the doot from picking up a pizza, and I see that Virtanen has scored, again.

I'm thinking I should go out for another pizza in the 3rd period to assure a hat trick..

regards,  G.

Edited by Gollumpus
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 4, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, TSN4
  • -Vintage Canuck- locked this topic