The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 4, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, TSN4

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah the fourth line with Hawryluk played and helped set up the tone for our top lines...

The plot thickens with these future bottom 6 spots. So many youngsters(Mac/Gaud/Virtanen/Hawryluk/Michaelis?) competing for not that many spots. 

Nice to have this sort of depth and competition. Sets the bar higher for these youngsters to stand out and earn them. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, spur1 said:

What the heck happened to Jake?  Did his girlfriend tell him she was pregnant or something. Wow. 
Play him Green. :gocan:

I suggested a few days ago to tar and feather jake and rename him "Joel Roussel" atleast he'd break a sweat.

If not, maybe shave his groin was also a recommendation...

Guess they did both!:bigblush:

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Well, at least a back handed compliment from you!

How is that "back handed" ?

Huh? Somehow pointing out that they managed to play one of their best games of the season without Petey is "back handed."

Jesus just spare me. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

We have like 12 players that could easily slot into the 4th line each night and give us good energy. I genuinely believe our 4th line has been good all year despite the merry go round of players. Just a matter of getting a legit 3rd line out there.

It’s healthy to have so many young players competing for these few bottom 6 spots long term. 

It’s good depth and sets the bar higher to earn these spots. 

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

The plot thickens with these future bottom 6 spots. So many youngsters(Mac/Gaud/Virtanen/Hawryluk/Michaelis?) competing for not that many spots. 

Nice to have this sort of depth and competition. Sets the bar higher for these youngsters to stand out and earn them. 

Yeah the depth seems to be sorting itself out despite the losses..  Imo, most of our 30+ year old FA should walk and give there minutes to these (cost controlled) prospects.   Rolling fours lines helps keep the whole line up engaged...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I suggested a few days ago to tar and feather jake and rename him "Joel Roussel" atleast he'd break a sweat.

If not, maybe shave his groin was also a recommendation...

Guess they did both!:bigblush:

Either that or turpentine and a wire brush. 

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Virtanen was engaged, was physical, was a force out there.

Now, we know that he can do it, he just needs to keep doing it!

We always knew what he could do, wish e could figure out why he isn’t.