The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bad Reffing Thread (Including Tim Peel Firing)

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

As far as the whole Tim Peel thing goes, he just got caught saying out loud what is basically the unwritten policy and standard practice for all refs.

They manage games, and when they decide they need a penalty against one of the teams playing, they find a penalty, regardless of the infraction, or what’s been the standard of the calls up to that point.

The NHL would like to present this as an isolated incident, and that they’re solving the problem by firing Peel. But every game sees refs making “even up” calls, when one team has been whistled more often, or looking to find a penalty against a team or player who “got away with something” because the refs missed something obvious earlier in the game. 

It’s also pretty telling in that audio that the other official you can hear in the clip reacts to what Peel said by voicing his own agreement.

I mean, you listen to play by play, and when one team has had the bulk of the power play time, or gotten away with missed calls, the commentators always say that team needs to be careful, because the refs will be trying to “even things up” in the next period and will be “looking to call anything.” 

LOL how bush league is the NHL that a team undeserving of a powerplay gets one despite the fact they may have deserved all their penalties just because the league wants to even out the calls.  What's the point of reffing then? 

Reminds me of 2011 when Boston realized that they weren't going to win unless they took penalties that the league may or may not call so they kept crossing the line. Can't call them all right? 

The absolute final blow for me was when Sedin got a penalty for not retaliating but complaining as Marchand was punching him in the face. 

WWE at its finest. Sad that I keep watching because I love this team. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

54 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Wonder how many power plays is Greener expecting to get from his “best refs in the world” comment?

Hope it pays off.

probably more than if he had said "good riddance to that prick" which is what we all feel inside. 

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

LOL how bush league is the NHL that a team undeserving of a powerplay gets one despite the fact they may have deserved all their penalties just because the league wants to even out the calls.  What's the point of reffing then? 

Reminds me of 2011 when Boston realized that they weren't going to win unless they took penalties that the league may or may not call so they kept crossing the line. Can't call them all right? 

The absolute final blow for me was when Sedin got a penalty for not retaliating but complaining as Marchand was punching him in the face. 

2011 still leaves a bad taste. There’s no question the officiating was unfair during the Finals, blatantly so, in many cases. I still think we probably lose, even with fair officiating, due the the accumulation of injuries, and the Bruins being able to grind us down over seven games (clean or dirty, they probably would have been able to do it). But it would have been far easier to stomach the loss, without the shenanigans from the zebras (and the whole Campbell thing).

Sadly, I think the league just needs to take a lot of the discretion away from the refs, and start clean with them setting a standard, abiding by it, for both regular season and playoffs, and just calling a penalty a penalty, regardless of whether it’s even, or affects the flow of the game.

They need a reset. If they could clean up their act, I’d be OK with giving back some discretionary power to the refs, but they’ve swung too far that way, and the current game is not being called fairly or honestly, which really needs to change.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

Although it's probably a bad idea for teams, as it will invite retaliation from the refs. I think every team should invest in a couple of guys in the broadcast / camera section of the rink with parabolic mics pointed at the refs. Show the League this is far from an isolated incident (although I'm sure they are fully aware)

Everybody already knows about retaliatory and make up calls

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

2011 still leaves a bad taste. There’s no question the officiating was unfair during the Finals, blatantly so, in many cases. I still think we probably lose, even with fair officiating, due the the accumulation of injuries, and the Bruins being able to grind us down over seven games (clean or dirty, they probably would have been able to do it). But it would have been far easier to stomach the loss, without the shenanigans from the zebras (and the whole Campbell thing).

Sadly, I think the league just needs to take a lot of the discretion away from the refs, and start clean with them setting a standard, abiding by it, for both regular season and playoffs, and just calling a penalty a penalty, regardless of whether it’s even, or affects the flow of the game.

They need a reset. If they could clean up their act, I’d be OK with giving back some discretionary power to the refs, but they’ve swung too far that way, and the current game is not being called fairly or honestly, which really needs to change.

I think the league needs to understand not every game needs to or should be a close affair. 

If a team was built poorly or in the middle of a rebuild, it makes sense they get spanked every night. 

They shouldn't be held up on crutches by the referee to make the game more entertaining. That goes against the spirit of competition. 

Calling games fairly forces a GM to be better, coaches to be better, players to be better. 

If a team will lose fans in the South for being crappy, maybe we shouldn't have put a team there in the first place. 

The litmus test of a franchise should be, can a city support a losing team?

If the answer is no, don't award the city a team or else the league becomes a sham... 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Cheers 1

22 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

So getting caught on a mic results in them taking action...but what about the stuff that isn't caught on audio?  They need to review all of it, including video that paints a picture of this likely being more the norm than a one off.

Refs who "decide" things based on their own emotions/feelings aren't just limited to Peel - that's painfully obvious.  It's fairly widespread and common.  If you want to "officiate/regulate" anything you need to do so with integrity and consistency and that means all follow the same guidelines.  Right now that couldn't be further from the truth.  It's a mixed bag of reffing and it's so unevenly balanced at times.

Wish I had confidence that this was the start of that process....but I feel it's just a PR move because he got caught.  I'm sure a lot of that goes on with power tripping and ego coming into play.  Give someone a whistle and a position of authority and they can run with that and forget what their aim is.

While one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch....usually you find a few going bad surrounding that one bad one.   It starts to spread.

The bad ones hide behind the two referee system. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 3:14 PM, CanucksJay said:

Having lived & watched sports from other countries were gambling revenues are much more important to a team, this fiasco has cemented to me that the NHL fat cats are being influenced by the same factors.  All the pretend player safety rules are mostly for show to keep the fans distracted. If it were not for social media this issue would had never been known cause the media would not be covering it and Peel will just be given a short vacation then back to business as usual.  I agree, WWE is becoming a very good comparison moving forward cause it seems to be becoming somewhat obvious that a desired outcome is being orchestrated with the way the game managers are calling some of these games but I am still pulling for the team I grew up watching.   

I would add the 94 finals, was were it seems obvious (to me) that the NHL is no different from other leagues in other countries cause based on the officiating late in games 6 & 7 it seems the Rangers was supposed to be the champs but the Capt Kirk led Canucks refused to cave in (although, the Canucks were a Lafayette post away from going to OT in game 7).

More recently, the non existence post game coverage of the obvious interference that led to the Anderson breakaway in OT was very deflating but enough ranting from a Canucks fan perspective and let's just hope that the team can win one despite the WWE NHL and its antics.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

20 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Having lived & watched sports from other countries were gambling revenues are much more important to a team, this fiasco has cemented to me that the NHL fat cats are being influenced by the same factors.  All the pretend player safety rules are mostly for show to keep the fans distracted. If it were not for social media this issue would had never been known cause the media would not be covering it and Peel will just be given a short vacation then back to business as usual.  I agree, WWE is becoming a very good comparison moving forward cause it seems to be becoming somewhat obvious that a desired outcome is being orchestrated with the way the game managers are calling some of these games but I am still pulling for the team I grew up watching.   

I would add the 94 finals, was were it seems obvious (to me) that the NHL is no different from other leagues in other countries cause based on the officiating late in games 6 & 7 it seems the Rangers was supposed to be the champs but the Capt Kirk led Canucks refused to cave in (although, the Canucks were a Lafayette post away from going to OT in game 7).

More recently, the non existence post game coverage of the obvious interference that led to the Anderson breakaway in OT was very deflating but enough ranting from a Canucks fan perspective and let's just hope that the team can win one despite the WWE NHL and its antics.

I think it's really shameful of the media to suck up the the league. 

There was a leaked Colin Campbell email many years back where he was emailing the referees. I believe he referred to a player as a little fake artist and his email was written in such a way that it showed his bias. 

Now imagine you are a a manager and you receive an email from your boss that is clearly written with intent on what he wants to see or how he wants certain employees to be treated. What would you do? 

If you want to keep your job, you do what he says. 

This should have been a crapstorm in the media but no, it was all swept under the rug. 

Very shameful

Here is the link

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/savard-emails-exposed-nhls-colin-campbell-corrupt--nhl.html

The full document link to the email exchange is also there

The fact that he is still the Director of Hockey Operations for the NHL even when he has shown clear bias is pretty revealing

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I think it's really shameful of the media to suck up the the league. 

There was a leaked Colin Campbell email many years back where he was emailing the referees. I believe he referred to a player as a little fake artist and his email was written in such a way that it showed his bias. 

Now imagine you are a a manager and you receive an email from your boss that is clearly written with intent on what he wants to see or how he wants certain employees to be treated. What would you do? 

If you want to keep your job, you do what he says. 

This should have been a crapstorm in the media but no, it was all swept under the rug. 

Very shameful

Here is the link

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/savard-emails-exposed-nhls-colin-campbell-corrupt--nhl.html

The full document link to the email exchange is also there

The fact that he is still the Director of Hockey Operations for the NHL even when he has shown clear bias is pretty revealing

Good context and thanks for digging into it.  Yeah, when the integrity in officiating goes the whole thing becomes a joke unless you have some skin in the game - WWE NHL (under Bettman).  Calling it out is the best way to fight it but even that avenue is eroding as shown in the non existence post game coverage of the obvious interference that led to the Anderson breakaway in OT vs the Habs. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

When Chicago won, we were not allowed to impede them in any way and took penalties where we did not even make contact . They were allowed to contact our goalie and even pushed him in for a goal. Then when LA won, they were allowed to impede our players and pin them against the boards and hit our players away from the puck. Kesler got a penalty for spraying their goalie with ice and later we got a goalie interference penalty when quick came way out and backed into one of our players who was standing still. The standards of officiating change every single season and always favours an American team.

When horton got injured it was only 8/10s of a second after puck contact. They lied and claimed that .5 of a second was the limit and the hit was 3/10s of a second late. The lie was that the hit was late and horton got injured thus the suspension. It was proven to be a lie when Raymond was attacked and injured with no repercussions. How long after he touched the puck was he reverse pile driven into the boards. It didn't matter and wasn't even mentioned. He was also obviously injured. Then we have the St Louis win where teams were allowed to finish checks over 4 seconds after puck contact. The announcers who brought that up were all fired in the off season.

Last season it was "If you take your hand off of your stick and grab on it's a penalty every time".  When hooking your stick around someone it was a penalty. This season, some teams are using that as part of their system. I know that teams adapt, but some teams started the season doing that. My question is how did they know ahead of time that they were going to be allowed to do that?  Paranoia but how deep does the outcome manipulation go and which team are they paving the way for. Does Rogers aka Toronto get repaid for the tv deal or more likely an American team with a large tv market.

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 8:31 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Big punishment for something that every ref does just about every game. When you hear the recording there's no surprise in his decision either.

To be honest I don't mind retaliatory penalties or not, as long as it's the same rule across the board across the different refs and that's the problem. Some refs do and some don't....

.....Big statement by the NHL (even though Peel was retiring soon) says that they either don't want any retaliatory penalties or they just want the public to think that they care when in actual fact it makes almost no difference to Tim Peel.

No surprise Tim Peel was caught on a live-mic foreshadowing his desire to award a soft call to one team over another.....when his refereeing partner that day, was Kelly Sutherland, the Supreme-King of controversy while officiating.  

These two habitually exercise carry-over justice, instead of letting games play/out according their own merits. Players do evolve & repent. Carry-over justice does NOT exist in the NHL rule book & it’s a complete disservice to the integrity of the sport & all involved... to enact additional retributions on teams or players, beyond the rules... sometimes even weeks later.  

These clowns habitually favour O-6/old-school (voting-block) teams vs the more progressive teams & especially now while they are in consideration for post-career jobs/perks with the league’s head office. They’ve shielded the league-President’s players from proper on-ice consequences & favored old/school team owners’ interests for years, by 

facilitating drama, escalating tensions on-ice, & encouraging vigilante justice by players due to their officiating incompetence.

They’ve been proven biased & fallible to the point where several, if not most, NHL teams would likely select them as the referees they would choose to ‘black-ball’ from working in their play-off series given that opportunity. Yet, despite the massing amount of evidence against them, Sutherland, Peel & fellow disgrac-ee O’Halloran are   routinely gifted top-tier play-off series to officiate!  

They willfully heighten drama & fan-hysteria, to sell more tickets or increase viewerships to please the perennial league President, Bettman & their crony teams. The league/Bettman say one thing but orchestrate a different kind of product on the ice. The integrity of the game and the health or safety of the NHL’s best assets (the players) be damned! 

I remember NYR captain Mark Messier clocking DAL captain Mike Modano with an elbow to his head from behind, knocking him unconscious to the ice, (with a clear intent to injure) and seeing that slimy, dispassionate & ultra-entitled perpetrator just skate about in circles, unpenalized.

In 1994, Linden was elbowed in the face/head by that same entitled player in the dying minutes of a SC-Final Game 6. VCR captain Linden was ambushed while down on all fours, no puck around, and j crawling hurt towards his bench. A downed player in sight of his bench, at that point, is not even

playing hockey.

That game’s score was 6-3 VCR. The clear intent was to target & severely injure an important player & remove him from participating in the  subsequent Game 7. This was Messier’s MO & career-habit, to target & lynch his fellow union bros when they were most vulnerable. The penalty in this case? Also... nothing!  Couldn’t possibly suspend a league-anointed & enabled O-6 captain from playing in a SC-Final, right?! Had he inflicted more damage & succeeeded? It would have been nothing, still. Refs pretended to see nothing & did nothing! Not surprisingly - neither did the league’s sheriff - despite video of the incident.

The template for old-school hockey & teams to be successful, has been clearly layed-out for any official (with no spine & waffling integrity) hoping for advancement. 

By contrast, remember 2011 & the Aaron Rome hit on Horton. Not blind, deemed a milli-second late - shoulder to shoulder/chest. A hockey play, a fraction late. That got a 3 game suspension to Rome (for the rest of the SC-Final) & with a depleted defensive-corps, it was a crushing blow to his team, not just for that game but going forward.  

Where is the equity in all of this? It starts with the ‘on-ice refs’  but ends with the ‘head of officiating’  & who appoints & oversees him. 

Old school hockey practices are being banned by new rule changes, yet dirty-pool refs & their enabling NHL old-school power-brokers have found new & creative ways to send more confusing & mixed-messaging to the players..., via things like that modern but wholly ironic & dubiously-inspired (NHL) Mark Messier Leadership Award. WTF!!! 

Corruption in the NHL is rampant.  Time to flush away the geriatric power-brokers who have fought  against fairness, science & progress. Shame the evil-doers. Wrong is wrong! The NHLPA needs to get tougher in demanding through CBAs that the NHLOA meet minimal standards of practice & receive more scrutiny & accountability for their egregious errors in judgement. Either they enforce the rules in the rulebook & work to improve themselves...or be disciplined, demoted, and in some cases like Peel’s, (after a track record of poor integrity) be fired. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

On 5/3/2021 at 4:49 PM, camaro ss said:

What I don’t get is why the owners didn’t  say anything about the biased reffing in 2011? I thought the owners had all the power in the NHL? Am I missing something? If I was Aquaman I would’ve had Buttmans head.

Brian Burke is a Bostonian, former GM of no less than 4 teams, a former league Sherriff &remains ultra-tight with Bettman & the NHL’s President of the Board of Governors   Boston Bruins owner/Jeremy Jacobs. He is the ultimate insider and a old-time hockey traditionalist.

As former VCR-GM with these very old-school leanings, Burke has demonstrated, time & again, a history of vindictiveness & that he frequently holds professional grudges. He had a true hate-on for the Aquilini’s who did a total end-run around the Gaglardi group who were the ones initially interested in purchasing the Canucks from Orca Bay Enterprises/John MacCaw.

The Gaglardi’s would have likely retained Burke’s protege & very good friend, Dave Nonis as their  GM. The Aquilini’s had other ideas tho’. They fired Nonis & hired former player-agent Mike Gillis, who’d  bested Burke in the handling of Bure’s contract settlement & subsequent trade demands & negotiations.  Gillis is on the side of happy & healthy players. He was leading the way with other hockey progressives, who saw the future of the game trending towards more speed & skill. Progressives want to eliminate the need for extra vigilante justice or union bro vs union bro violence on the ice, this to protect the players (who are all valuable team assets) from future harm &/or exploitation, doing so by respecting the alerts of modern science & hoping to amend league rules to modernize hockey culture for over-all player-safety akin the way the IIHF does things. Gillis with some other new GMs/owners in emerging NHL markets, were striving to increase their fan-base with more family-based season-ticket holders, hoping they could feel just as welcomed into arenas by their teams, as the more traditional & corporate season-ticket-holders do. 

When Gillis achieved some early success with his player-first modelled management style, Burke’s attempts to tear him down appeared almost immediately. Burke  meddled while VCR was in negotiations to re-sign the Sedins by Burke leaking false rumours & innuendo about their teammates to them & the media in an attempt to steal them for TOR. These actions caused Gillis to actually seek punitive censure, penalties & sanctions from the league against Burke for ‘tampering’. Burke later made it difficult for the Aquilin’s to purchase the Abbotsford Heat/facility/or even rights to an AHL farm-team in their own back yard. Burke charged lucrative consulting fees to the likes of the Sharks, Ducks & Flames, & all are VCR rivals. Then, after some large & hasty expenses were already put out to secure the Utica-based farm team in haste when the Jets returned to Winnipeg & the Manitoba Moose were relinquished, Burke started to float the idea of a farm-league in California for several of the western teams, inside his consultation group. VCR excluded, of course. 

When Burrows exposed Stephane Auger (more obviously Auger exposed himself) for reprehensible refereeing practices, it was an easy thing for Burke (Bostonian) to get Colin Campbell (his son was a rostered-Bruin), Jacobs (League BOG Pres.,/Bruins-owner), Bettman & the Head of Officiating & their most senior officials (Auger’s peers) to go anti-Canucks, in the media, in the board rooms, & upon-the-ice. 

Even the CBC was complicit when they accepted & regularly renewed the ‘terms of contract’ which allowed Don Cherry (former Bruins coach & perennial Bruins-fan) plenty of free-rein to promote his old-school Bruins-brand of hockey to a captive audience of generational Canadian hockey fans, coast to coast (weekly & almost nightly through out the play-offs). Cherry was always there to denigrate & impugn European (IIHF) style hockey. He frequently ridiculed safety conscious visor-wearers, taunted non-fighters & on this 2011 SCup run occasion, he viciously attacked the unassailable character & integrity of the Sedins (& some others)...even tho’ they are among the finest men, players, husbands or fathers ever to wear the Canucks’ uniform or any other NHL uniform for that matter! 

Cherry’s “rock ‘em-sock ‘em” anti-rule-book propaganda made  these egregious refereeing practices - even MORE possible. The Bruins vs Lightning series was also a travesty that went ridiculously served-up with multiple controversies, as well. The year 2011 was robbed of an epic Lightning vs Canucks final - that should have been!  The momentum of a 40-yr SCup drought for an old-school Bostonian hoard with an O-6 team, would not be stopped, by hook and/or by crook. Referees were assigned to work the semi-Finals & SC Final for all of the ‘wrong’ purposes. The rules & any bias-vetting were damned! Heroes were portrayed as the villains & thuggish drama-queens where re-branded through some very cleverly bought & paid for media-hype as...heroes. I could hardly believe what we were all seeing & experiencing together!  

And, who do you think should became involved, when the ‘possible’ suspension after that Rome hit upon Horton was being discussed? Colin Campbell had recused himself just before the SC-Final began, and his appointed replacement would later admit, he was feeling somewhat unqualified to be the judge in such a momentous situation...so he reached out for advise from none other than...ex-league sherrif, VCR’s jilted former-GM, Gillis’ Chief rival & foe...Brian Burke! As a lawyer - Burke of all people, should have known he had ‘multiple’ grounds for recusal from this process, also. But no! No surprise, I mean, that they (league cronies/Burke) found a way to be completely over-punitive.

There were many shocked fans & hockey pundits - but oddly no clamour or out-raged arguments appeared in the mainstream media, outside of VanCity, as Jacobs exerted his influence & pressure via his appointed newspaper editors & like-minded writers/pundits placed throughout his vast communications empire, both inside the CBC & stateside. Who else knew that Burke had been involved to that extent - hmmm?? Well - shockingly that also went completely ‘unreported’ until well after the SCup had been presented! 

Canucks Nation received the greatest blow ever delivered in ‘SC-Final suspension’ history, diminishing their SCup hopes, and for what? That dubious suspension was brought on by a lot of Bruins media-hyped hysteria after an ‘extremely marginal’ hit, where a player with previous concussion issues, got injured - primarily for not strapping his helmet on tight enough, before taking to the ice. 

A complete flood of angry emails & calls were made to the CBC from nation-wide sponsers & hockey-fans, all complaining loudly after these revelations & others came to light. Not until the following season, after more undignified remarks were made by some of the ‘uglier’ winners & a few random league stars, piling-on in mocking fun, did the CBC (MacLean) eventually apologize for targeting & bullying Burrows & his teammates on-air. They admitted to slip-ups on some other things too, that had woefully failed Canada’s team on their broadcasts. Things like perhaps not calling-out the refereeing trends or scrutinizing how these refereeing selections were made & if they had been properly vetted. McLean is an ex-referee & is a league butt-kisser who piled on the Canucks, on air, relentlessly. He simultaneously let journalistic fairness & integrity go by the way-side, as the antics by the Canucks’ opponents went far less noted or unchallenged, during that very contentious, mind-boggling, distraction-filled 2011 Final. 

Corrupted fossils like Burke, Jacobs, Bettman & Campbell, need to retire out & be flushed in favor of more progressive directorship. The  league needs leadership from younger & more enlightened owners & their GMs. No one should be guaranteed these league positions for life!  BCHL, CHL, WHL & NCAA rules shouldn’t need alteration once these kids get to the NHL. IIHF rules are solid & good enough. Olympic hockey is excellent. The IIHF also properly vetts their officials by ranking work habits & trends but also via their hometown & country  affiliations that could intimate even a possibility of bias. It’s up to some more of these progressive back-benchers like Yzerman, Sakic, Brind’ Amour to be the standard bearing role models for hockey & to willingly stand forth as ‘better’ examples to players & peers of the importance of statistics & science to player-protection, & how this can have an impact on the integrity & fairness in the sport. 

Not long after his dirtiest deed was done, Burke’s son was ironically offered a very coveted post within the Department of Player Safety, getting to pass judgement & assess fines & discipline to players coming before him, often from those very teams his father regularly ‘consults’ with. These teams also managed to get key appointees like George Parros & Chris Pronger put on the DPS disciplinary committee/ so that a truculent old-school point of veiw was being very well represented.  Burke’s son was surprisingly given this op despite NOT being an NHL player of one iota of repute or even a top-tier NHL official - as was the promised criteria to the NHLPA when the committee was originally formed. The younger Burke was briefly an NHL scout & is simply not qualified enough...other than having the last name of Burke! Brian Burke  was also the major author of a CBA clause that saw a punitive & un-grandfathered cap-recapture clause hurt some progressive non/O-6 teams who dared to offer up some veteran-friendly rewards or incentives via long/term contracts. VCR’s Luongo contract being one of them. Burke & family have been very generously compensated for his league loyalties & for his 2011 SCup intervention. He reaps these rewards still. 

My only satisfaction was seeing Brian Burke weep as the Sedins had their jerseys hoisted into the arena rafters. I kept thinking, maybe, just maybe, he has a tiny bit of regret. Perhaps, he felt bad in that moment, about the part he played in the process that completely screwed these 2 future Hall-of-famers out of receiving a fairer & more-unbiased opportunity to play for & receive that coveted ‘Stanley Cup’ in their life-time.  

I read your book, Burkie! There are some major holes in your timeline, especially concerning Mike Gillis & the Canucks. For the sake of your ‘soul’ confess it, repent, make some amends,....then go out there & sin no more. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

Wow good read buddy. It’s just to bad all that happened and was allowed to happen. I really wish us Canadians would stick together better and flush these dirty Americans out. But hey it’s a business and the owners will keep these slime balls around.

• Cheers 1

Just now, camaro ss said:

Wow good read buddy. It’s just to bad all that happened and was allowed to happen. I really wish us Canadians would stick together better and flush these dirty Americans out. But hey it’s a business and the owners will keep these slime balls around. I actually didn’t mind Burke till I read this. I knew he had some part in the Rome suspension but didn’t know the rest.

Stay tuned.

The NHL BOG - President needs a term of appointment, the DPS needs terms of appointment & far more varied representation, (outside of having strong O-6 affiliations & being inside of Burke’s consultation group) and the NHLOA needs on-going evaluations & performance  grading & more substantial vetting in terms of (possible) bias that could affect performance outcomes in all NHL games, but especially during the play-offs.

However, the standard modes of operation will unfortunately give us more of the same. Voting blocks within the NHLPA, NHLOA & the Ownership/Governors group need to step up and do far of the more progressive things & what’s best for this league & it’s players.

Unfortunately, that means we will  likely have to wait for many long-time NHL king-pins, power-brokers & appointed cronies, to simply retire or die-off. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1