The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bad Reffing Thread (Including Tim Peel Firing)

Rate this topic

47 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Something being hard does not make it immune to criticism.  And come on...a lot of the plays being "missed" are post whistle, not during game play.  I gave a pretty good example when Forbert went after Hogs WITH the official right there, arm up/play stopped.

You may not agree, but that doesn't mean you're right.

Also, whining is used for emphasis here.  Funny that we all "whine" about something....you just have to dig into any thread to see it.  Besides...coming into a thread about reffing to complain about the complaints....is that not next level whining?

For sure. We moan about GM and coaching all day here.... clearly, it's not as easy as winning NHL2020 and become a GM the next year. Funny how stawns' argument falls apart...

• Cheers 2

Okay, to take the homer element out of it, what about Wilson's headshot on Carlo?  We hate the Bruins here, right?  Certainly I do.  But in what world is that not a match penalty?  That they could huddle afterwards and still call nothing is incredible.  Judging by Wilson's invite to the disciplinary hearing, he's going to get a significant suspension.  When are there going to be consequences for the idiots who blow basic player safety calls so egregiously?  The league makes a joke of itself with this kind of officiating, but it really won't be funny when someone ends up as a quadraplegic.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Okay, to take the homer element out of it, what about Wilson's headshot on Carlo?  We hate the Bruins here, right?  Certainly I do.  But in what world is that not a match penalty?  That they could huddle afterwards and still call nothing is incredible.  Judging by Wilson's invite to the disciplinary hearing, he's going to get a significant suspension.  When are there going to be consequences for the idiots who blow basic player safety calls so egregiously?  The league makes a joke of itself with this kind of officiating, but it really won't be funny when someone ends up as a quadraplegic.

This. You've got four officials on the ice and somehow none of them seen the play? The disregard to player safety is concerning. And as such players do things to "push the limits" and see what they can get away with. 

If a player is suspended 7 games and the refs on the ice didn't even call a penalty on the play clearly they missed on their job and some action towards them needs to take place. If action has taken place then it should be made public knowledge just like when a player is fined. 

• Cheers 3

On 3/7/2021 at 1:24 PM, LionofJudah said:

This. You've got four officials on the ice and somehow none of them seen the play? The disregard to player safety is concerning. And as such players do things to "push the limits" and see what they can get away with. 

If a player is suspended 7 games and the refs on the ice didn't even call a penalty on the play clearly they missed on their job and some action towards them needs to take place. If action has taken place then it should be made public knowledge just like when a player is fined. 

Here's another bad one. The hockey stick is truly a multifaceted tool.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Here's another bad one. The hockey stick is truly a multifaceted tool.

This feel worse (in the case of refs) the plays just started.. where were they looking? The stands? Only one I would rule out is the linesman who dropped the puck as his back is to the play.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, LionofJudah said:

This feel worse (in the case of refs) the plays just started.. where were they looking? The stands? Only one I would rule out is the linesman who dropped the puck as his back is to the play.

Deliberate attempt to injure. 

Come on DPS do your job.

Wow, I don't think I've ever been so angry with a Canuck win.  Tonight's reffing is up there with Stephane Auger, or the 2013 series against the Sharks.

They should both be suspended, at least.

• Cheers 1

On 3/4/2021 at 3:48 PM, debluvscanucks said:

Something being hard does not make it immune to criticism.  And come on...a lot of the plays being "missed" are post whistle, not during game play.  I gave a pretty good example when Forbert went after Hogs WITH the official right there, arm up/play stopped.

You may not agree, but that doesn't mean you're right.

Also, whining is used for emphasis here.  Funny that we all "whine" about something....you just have to dig into any thread to see it.  Besides...coming into a thread about reffing to complain about the complaints....is that not next level whining?

A whine within a whine. Whineception, if you will.

• Haha 2

On 3/7/2021 at 1:24 PM, LionofJudah said:

I think the scapegoating for the officials began when the NHL decide to remove the names from the backs of the refs jersey. They slowly adapted to the reality that they were shielded, anonymous and entitled. It didn't matter how many games they screwed one team or the other, they never get interviewed by media, never have to answer.  Only to the Supervisor of Ref department, behind closed doors, made up of an alumni of brothers, they have to answer to.

• Upvote 1