The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

Keep Miller in the centre.  When Petey gets back, roll 3 scoring lines and 1 energy/checking line.

I think that's the key and one of the reasons for the poor start.  At this point Petey isn't a great cman, he'll probably play a good chunk of his career on W

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Great beer, 4 lucky, 4 goals. ALSO... i hated Lucky, but when I played in the Sunday night league in Victoria, the post game brews were Lucky... it took me a few weeks to adjust to the beers and its been my goto ever since

FWIW I stopped drinking Nov 16th, I went 101 days (my goal was 100 days). The canucks are 3-2 since I returned to drinking. 

chug chug chug

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We haven’t had any decent 2nd round picks in 50 years.  Now Benning has already drafted 2 that can be both superstars.  But the only thing you can think of is Benning traded away some picks?  

Bobby Lalonde 641 games 341 points, Bob Dailey 561/325,  Rod Sedlbauer scored 40 goals one year...Curt Fraser, Brent Ashton 998/629, Cullimore 812gp, Mike Peca multiple Selke winner/finalist, team captain etc, Raymond,  .... 

Hoglander for sure looks good ... So does Demko ... first NHL players since Raymond for sure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bo fan said:

Great team game

And a PGT that isn't full of negativity

Now to watch the Albertans beat the crap outta each other

Come on Monday

They'll gain ground on one of them, either one is equally good.  It needs to be a regulation win though

5 minutes ago, khay said:

Pearson-Bo-Virt has been pretty good, don't know if I want to break them up.

Petey could easily go with Gaudette and Sutter. Both guys know a thing or two about sniping and could easily help to boost Gaudette's scoring.

Petey got to be in the top 6.

Hogs - Miller - Boeser

Petey - Horvat - Virtanen

Pearson - Sutter - Gauds

Hawrluk - Beagle - Mac

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, IBatch said:

Bobby Lalonde 641 games 341 points, Bob Dailey 561/325,  Rod Sedlbauer scored 40 goals one year...Curt Fraser, Brent Ashton 998/629, Cullimore 812gp, Mike Peca multiple Selke winner/finalist, team captain etc, Raymond,  .... 

Hoglander for sure looks good ... So does Demko ... first NHL players since Raymond for sure. 

Had a gf once who was all ooOoh Ron Sedlbauer...phffft.

• Haha 2

PP was good today because there was heavy movement. Petey needs to learn how to move around, especially when the puck is down low far side. 

When you stand stagnant in one spot and only shoot once after 3 fake shots, you slow the whole powerplay down and waste precious seconds.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

I honestly want someone to figure out his draft batting average compared to others. This is the best drafting I have seen in 35 years as a hockey fan. It's not even close ( except for maybe the wings back in the day).

Tampa also comes to mind as one of the teams that have drafted well, although they had #1 in 2008 and #2 in 2009 whereas those Wings back in the day and Canucks didn't have a top 3 pick.

If we get an NHLer in 2020 (no 1st or 2nd rd picks), we can truly hail JB as god of the NHL draft.

28 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Who was the last Vancouver 2nd round pick to actually be a difference maker? We traded so many 2nd rounders away I can't think of one.

Just thought of Demko.. but other than him and Hogz it's a waste land.

Lind will be a player too.  Not at the level of the two you mention,  but he is looking like a solid prospect as well.

Im not sold on Woo.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Duodenum said:

PP was good today because there was heavy movement. Petey needs to learn how to move around, especially when the puck is down low far side. 

When you stand stagnant in one spot and only shoot once after 3 fake shots, you slow the whole powerplay down and waste precious seconds.

The urgency went up. Way more drive and focus tonight.