The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, xereau said:

Amazed at the results, but I'll take it.

This team started to gel vs the Leafs on the road.

A few stumbles, a few injuries, a few f bombs on the bench, but the team's finally come together.

Whether too little or too late, I guess we'll see.

Really all I want to see is Quinn continue to drive the play, the top 2 lines growing, and the bottom 6 picking up the slack.

It's going to come down to a three team race, most likely.  The team that wins the Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton triangle likely takes that 4th spot.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, mj vic said:

His drafting has never been an issue, he is one of the best in that field. It's his questionable free trade acquisitions that have some (me included) that have some concerned.  

Oh it is for some.   When it really shouldn't be. 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Watch out Hogz just got some confidence shooting the puck. That guy is gonna be a heck of a player.

Absolutely beauty, not given the ref the time of day. Just celebrated and skated to the bench 

God blessed this kid, crazy talent while looking like a freaking movie star, share the wealth ffs lol.

• Haha 2

Just now, mj vic said:

His drafting has never been an issue, he is one of the best in that field. It's his questionable free trade acquisitions that have some (me included) that have some concerned.  

I like Miller. I like Baer minus his injury.  

Sutter Roussel could have a M or so less $. LE was wasted on the twins last run. Ferland was a total mistake IMO why sign a concussed player? 

Hamonic and Smitty looked suspect at the beginning of hhe season. But they are rounding into form.

Just now, stawns said:

They just have put a good run on the alberta teams.  

Hard to do assume they'd struggle as long as we have when they have Marky/McDavid/Draisaitl factors.

We can't really afford anymore losses either, especially compared to them.

We play Toffoli and the Habs next 4/7 games. Pretty critical point.

• Like 1

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

I like Miller. I like Baer minus his injury.  

Sutter Roussel could have a M or so less $. LE was wasted on the twins last run. Ferland was a total mistake IMO why sign a concussed player? 

Hamonic and Smitty looked suspect at the beginning of hhe season. But they are rounding into form.

Free insurance in LTIR. Moot signing at best, I liked the idea. Too bad it didn't turn out.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hard to do assume they'd struggle as long as we have when they have Marky/McDavid/Draisaitl factors.

We need a nice 9-2-2 type of stretch. We have dealt with the hard part of ourcschedule, The Habs, Jets and Oilers haven't yet. 2 straight against the Leafs is a good start.

• Like 1

If you were preparing to play the Canucks and you watched all the video your game plan would revolve around shutting down Petersson. Now what ? What is the Canucks PP going to look like? 

Toronto wasn’t prepared and didn’t know what to expect. 

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Simple plan. Take Squinty McSquinterson out and play the canadiens hard. 

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You had to go back to the 70’s to find some good picks.  How about we haven’t had a decent 2nd round pick in 40 years?  Peca didn’t win a Selke with the Canucks.  I would hope Hoglander and Demko have better careers than Mason Raymond, Jason Cullimore and Brent Ashton...

Peca was a great player for us too - tough losing him, but we did draft him.   Last year a lot of talk trading Demko and keeping Markstrom, same thing could happen to Hoglander ... 500 games for a second rounder is outstanding...When you say we haven't had any good second rounders in our history it counts.   Ashton and Cullimore both played very long careers ....We haven't had enough that's for sure but there have been some.    There was a time when i remember some thinking Chubarov had a chance (Antoski looked like a beast - a great fighter at least) .... didn't go so well so left out those types, Demko and Hoglander both look legit but have a long ways to go yet to match up with some of the second rounders we've had.   Peca of course setting the bar. 

Edited by IBatch