The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, stawns said:

I'd say it's likely that Van, Cal and Edm all end up with similar records against the rest of the division from here on out.  If the Canucks can dominate both Alberta teams they definitely have a good shot at the 4th seed

Doubtful.

If McDavid/Draisaitl get hot the Oilers will go on a run. Not really a matter of if but when they do again. They cold now but everyone knows they don't stay that way long.

Marky is good enough on his own to keep the Flames above .500. Should be interesting to see how they react to the coaching change.

Need to find a way to beat the Habs too.

We can't afford anymore regulation losses at this moment. Unless we go on a massive streak we likely won't make it. Counting on 3-4 teams above us to be stagnant with the star power they have and the changes with coaching staff they've made is wishful thinking at best.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's going to come down to a three team race, most likely.  The team that wins the Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton triangle likely takes that 4th spot.

Which makes it fun watching the battle of Alberta after the Nux game.  

I'm torn, I hate both Alberta teams but when pushed, I hate the Oilers more (goes back to the 80's I suppose) so I kinda want Calgary to win.  On the other hand, Van has clawed back to level with Calgary points wise so I want Calgary to lose too.  Why can't they both lose?

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Great beer, 4 lucky, 4 goals. ALSO... i hated Lucky, but when I played in the Sunday night league in Victoria, the post game brews were Lucky... it took me a few weeks to adjust to the beers and its been my goto ever since

FWIW I stopped drinking Nov 16th, I went 101 days (my goal was 100 days). The canucks are 3-2 since I returned to drinking. 

Keep up the good work.... cheers!! 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Doubtful.

If McDavid/Draisaitl get hot the Oilers will go on a run. Not really a matter of if but when they do again. They cold now but everyone knows they don't stay that way long.

Marky is good enough on his own to keep the Flames above .500. Should be interesting to see how they react to the coaching change.

Need to find a way to beat the Habs too.

We can't afford anymore regulation losses at this moment. Unless we go on a massive streak we likely won't make it. Counting on 3-4 teams above us to be stagnant with the star power they have and the changes with coaching staff they've made is wishful thinking at best.

Hopefully the top two teams keep beating everyone except us. And the teams we need to leapfrog don’t get many loser points. 

5 minutes ago, khay said:

Good point. Not going to argue against that.

But I wonder how Petey and Horvat would go as a combo. Would be an interesting experiment.

Having Petey with Sutter and Gauds could be good in terms of getting him away from the top pairing defenders. Line matching will be that much harder for the opposition.

Regardless if Petey returns Monday, got to try that 1st line from today for another game.

No better time to try the Horvat - Petey experiment than now, that is if Petey is ready to return. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

Hopefully the top two teams keep beating everyone except us. And the teams we need to leapfrog don’t get many loser points. 

Stars need to align the right way. Not saying I wouldn't like to see that happen but just tempering expectations.

I'd rather trade the UFA assets away we aren't re-signing and putting faith in the youth the rest of the way.

• Cheers 2

59 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’ll never let up on some of CDC finest for this...

You really thought Boeser for Dumba was a good idea eh 

My god, last year I started a thread that was literally about why do so many people want to trade Boeser. CDCers thought it might be locked. Faith, he is golden (not just his flow).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

What's going on?  Hoglander this year and Podz next season.  Canucks are spoiled and  Bettman is not happy.

Didn't you hear, Bettman is transferring our 1st round pick this year to Arizona because they don't have one

• Haha 3

Is anyone else around here starting to want to see the Flames go down hard for the rest of the season?

Sutter talking so big. I'm over Tanev and Marky leaving. I want Treliving to lose.

I dunno why but they are my new hated team... second to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Oh God this feels good. Watching super soft perimeter dweller Mitch Marner almost singlehandedly give the game away.

Couple costly turnovers late then throws the puck into traffic with the goalie pulled.

i love it!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Regardless if Petey returns Monday, got to try that 1st line from today for another game.

No better time to try the Horvat - Petey experiment than now, that is if Petey is ready to return. 

I was thinking that during the game. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t try Petey on Bo’s wing. Could bring out something we haven’t seen in either player before. Worth a shot for a game at least. 

• Huggy Bear 1