The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, stawns said:

two season of 20+ goal pace over 82 games would disagree.  If any other young player were putting up thise numbers, 99% of the people would be happy.  For some reason, Jake doesn't get the same consideration

I give every player the same consideration.  If a player has potential and the tools to do the job. But only plays to that potential when he feels like it, that irritates me.  I don't care if a player fails, but at least give 100%.  Let's just hope he's a slow learner, and is finally learning what it take to be successful every game.

36 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

The Office Reaction GIF

I’ve never liked Murph. Such a dweeb. He can take his Norland flannel shirt, his stupid questions, and his sleep inducing delivery and piss off. 

Murph is pathetic, can’t stand him

...actually don’t mind him but but i am getting caught up in the mob mentality 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, 250Integra said:

So all we get is Murph...

Used to like Hughson but now he is a Leafs lover.

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

lol leafs fan hate him

It’s pretty hilarious how every Canadian fan base thinks that Hughson is against them, and that he’s somehow a homer for every team they play against.

Even funnier when it’s two Canadian teams playing (like every game this season), because fans on either side, watching the same damn game, will both think Hughson is hating on their team, and biased for their opponent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It’s pretty hilarious how every Canadian fan base thinks that Hughson is against them, and that he’s somehow a homer for every team they play against.

Even funnier when it’s two Canadian teams playing (like every game this season), because fans on either side, watching the same damn game, will both think Hughson is hating on their team, and biased for their opponent.

People are spoiled now; not so long ago we had unprofessional scum such as Dave Randorf and Mark Lee, who were a complete disgrace to the network, the sport, and the country with their refusal to conduct themselves appropriately.  Randorf must have had his own foot stool in front of McDiver's locker to save his knees.  The only real problem individuals left are McLean and Hrudy.  Other than that, the current crew is mostly capable of being adults and not openly rooting for one team or the other.

Not a big fan of these 4:00 starts..... its 84°F here in the Desert and not a breath of wind - patio doors open and beers in the fridge ready for shotgunning but still mighty hot indoors.  (But got my first vaccine shot Tuesday, and second due March 30. Good old US of A)  Now if Canucks can pull of another win, life would be sweet

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

All players except Rousel, Sutter and  Loui (of course) 

i would not miss Beagle and Pearson if we moved them 

oh and I don’t like our coaching staff 

We need to replace Pearson with a younger, higher quality 2nd line UFA forward.

And we need an actual top pairing D to play with our bona fide superstar Quinn Hughes.

We're closer than a lot think. The zero performance of the bottom six will soon be a thing of the past.

• Cheers 1

Just now, xereau said:

And we need an actual top pairing D to play with our bona fide superstar Quinn Hughes.

We're closer than a lot think. The zero performance of the bottom six will soon be a thing of the past.

Apparently we are 2-3 years away 

by then I am pretty sure the band will begin breaking up

longest “rebuild” ever 

but apparently the entire mess is simply the schedule maker’s fault and the fact we only play Canadian teams.  Otherwise Green would have us in Cup contention 

20 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He does non Laff games? Didn't think so.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

Seen a Timothy Liljegren for pearson trade proposal. I'd be down for that

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

longest “rebuild” ever 

but apparently the entire mess is simply the schedule maker’s fault and the fact we only play Canadian teams.  Otherwise Green would have us in Cup contention 

What makes you think any of this?

The last 2 cup champions core is much older than ours. Other than the blackhawks in 2010 I cant think of another team that won a cup with a core as young as ours.

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

longest “rebuild” ever 

Bo will be 28. I wonder how happy he is to know they are that far away from contending? He may well only have a couple of peak years before he declines. What a waste.

• Haha 1