The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

8 minutes ago, iwtl said:

Play demko all the way out thus season.....win or.lose he needs the run and Holtby is done other than a few games if needed 

And review our assets and those players not part of the future - trade them now before we lose them for nothing or worse stunt their development further to the point they have no trade value.

Better effort the last 2 games but its time to accept they won't be changing the coaching so it's time to make the other minor changes to the roster now and let.this  group have some games coming together as a team so we don't fund ourselves sharting the bed for the first 25 games of the season next year 

Thank God you are not our GM... 

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Well in all fairness, Gillis wouldn't have picked anything good if he'd kept them.  That idiot was the worst drafter in the history of the franchise.

I remember an interview or article, were he was trying new processes in drafting - one method he tried was drafting overagers - perhaps his reasoning: that the Canucks are finishing high in the standings and a top 10 pick is not likely for that time in the Canucks history.   He tried to re-invent the wheel and our drafting suffered - hindsight.

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I remember an interview or article, were he was trying new processes in drafting - one method he tried was drafting overagers - perhaps his reasoning: that the Canucks are finishing high in the standings and a top 10 pick is not likely for that time in the Canucks history.   He tried to re-invent the wheel and our drafting suffered - hindsight.

ok so question? why does anyone care what Gillis did or didn't do? seems like old news to me 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

Which makes it fun watching the battle of Alberta after the Nux game.  

I'm torn, I hate both Alberta teams but when pushed, I hate the Oilers more (goes back to the 80's I suppose) so I kinda want Calgary to win.  On the other hand, Van has clawed back to level with Calgary points wise so I want Calgary to lose too.  Why can't they both lose?

I'm hoping that they got a large dose of McNasty today and beat one another to a pulp in future games. Not a fan of either team.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Moving Pearson into the third strengthens our forward group so much more. I agree we have to start spreading it out. During that bad stretch our bottom six looked dismal.  Now I’m noticing them  really start to come around.  Hoglander is ready and Virt needs the opportunity. Strategically placing Petey where we can get him away from the matchups and get him to start carrying a line.

Would love to see it tried.  Petey is developing into an excellent centre, but 649 just feels too soft and at times looks disastrous 5 on 5.  

Petterrson - Horvat - Virtanen

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Pearson - Sutter - Gaudette

Motte - Beagle- Mackewan

This setup looks way deeper.

2 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

Lol.  I don't hate the Leafs, last thing they did that I didn't like was a questionable hit by Kadri on Sedin.  

I hate the east coast media that covers hockey (except Bieksa).

You should hate them.....we should all hate them.

No one should ever forgive the Leafs for trying to keep Vancouver out of the NHL.

Speculation abounded that Toronto Maple Leafs owner Stafford Smythe, upset over a failed Vancouver business deal, vowed to block any Vancouver bid while Toronto and Montreal were both reluctant to share CBC hockey revenues.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

You should hate them.....we should all hate them.

No one should ever forgive the Leafs for trying to keep Vancouver out of the NHL.

Speculation abounded that Toronto Maple Leafs owner Stafford Smythe, upset over a failed Vancouver business deal, vowed to block any Vancouver bid while Toronto and Montreal were both reluctant to share CBC hockey revenues.

Will forever hate the leafs for this

• Cheers 2

that was a fun game and well coached

but

what baffles me about our coach

the last 2 games the team plays solid D with no Petey, plays Michaelis and Hawryluk and oddly Green lets these guys play

last 2 games Michaelis plays a regular shift, Mar 4, 12:16 and today 9:42

Hawryluk plays 8 mins a night

Note also that the line blender was not in service the last 2 games

now the problem I have with Green is he is more inconsistant than Jake V.

Look at games when we were losing

Jan 21, 7-1 loss to Habs

Chatfield 4:33

Feb 11, 3-1 loss to Flames

MacEwen 4:20

Bailey 3:24

Feb 25, 3-0 loss to Oil

Hawryluk 3:28

it seems fom where I sit, that Green's distrust of his players played a big part in this teams bad season

• Cheers 2