The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Curmudgeon said:

Sorry, but your meaning is unclear. Do you mean that by winning, the team is actually doing the worst thing because you want Green fired? So winning is bad, then? 

Green is a bus travelling in the wrong direction, every moment on that bus puts us further away from our destination, it’s not the winning, its the memory loss of how bad he is every odd time we win.

• Like 1

Choosing Demko over Markstrom is looking pretty good on management. Loved Marky but he's having injury troubles again at a key time, while Demko is here establishing himself as a starter.

At his best Marky is still (probably) better, but given age, injury history, and contract. We made the right decision. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

My god, last year I started a thread that was literally about why do so many people want to trade Boeser. CDCers thought it might be locked. Faith, he is golden (not just his flow).

I still would have traded him at the draft, but never for Dumba though

• RoughGame 2

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Green is a bus travelling in the wrong direction, every moment on that bus puts us further away from our destination, it’s not the winning, its the memory loss of how bad he is every odd time we win.

I love this team, I hate the coaching staff, sadly IMHO, the best thing that could happen to us is to never win another game until they’re forced to fie him/them so we can move forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

Impressive 2 game win vs Toronto! Let's build on that confidence! This team does not suck but we need all 4 lines playing hard. We have Demko between the pipes as our #1(hopefully) and he has been amazing. Go Canucks!

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, koregen said:

Impressive 2 game win vs Toronto! Let's build on that confidence! This team does not suck but we need all 4 lines playing hard. We have Demko between the pipes as our #1(hopefully) and he has been amazing. Go Canucks!

Yeah, I like that the staff, is playing four lines regardless of the score; I just hope that we get to see some of the rookies getting some much needed icetime - OJ, Mac, Raff & etc.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I love on Hog's goal how the Canucks basically overturned the refs call simply by celebrating.

Ref signals no goal - play on. Canucks start celebrating anyways, so the refs end up blowing the play dead.

Total power move by Hog & co.

Right, they just wanted to show to the audience how blind these refs were. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, wesley said:

Right, they just wanted to show to the audience how blind these refs were. :lol:

As per John & John last game, the Laffs had 7 penalties called against them in the previous 5 games before that first penalty in the last game - this stat alone should confirm that there is a bias.  Anyways, let them cheat all they want cause it won't amount into anything in the end anyways....

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

As per John & John last game, the Laffs had 7 penalties called against them in the previous 5 games before that first penalty in the last game - this stat alone should confirm that there is a bias.  Anyways, let them cheat all they want cause it won't amount into anything in the end anyways....

Yeah, there definitely seems to be some bias there. The Leafs do play a fairly “clean” game, so it’s not surprising their penalties are low, but they’re not that clean, and they get away with a lot of stuff that would normally get called, if it was another team. 

Austin Matthews with only 6 PIM also seems low, especially from watching him play the last few games. Not that he’s ever gooning it up or anything, but he’s definitely getting the star treatment from the refs, and gets away with a lot of stick infractions and holds.

I just wish refs would call everything fair and use the same standards for all players, regardless of status or reputation. Some of our guys, like Myers and Roussel, seem to get whistled down if they just look at another player the wrong way. Which is particularly frustrating when both teams are just playing good physical hockey, and the refs let a bunch of stuff go, and then call some ticky tacky penalty, often against the flow of play. 

Of course, all fans complain about their team getting a raw deal from the zebras, but I really think we have a case in Vancouver. And seeing what the Leafs get away with sure doesn’t help.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, there definitely seems to be some bias there. The Leafs do play a fairly “clean” game, so it’s not surprising their penalties are low, but they’re not that clean, and they get away with a lot of stuff that would normally get called, if it was another team. 

Austin Matthews with only 6 PIM also seems low, especially from watching him play the last few games. Not that he’s ever gooning it up or anything, but he’s definitely getting the star treatment from the refs, and gets away with a lot of stick infractions and holds.

I just wish refs would call everything fair and use the same standards for all players, regardless of status or reputation. Some of our guys, like Myers and Roussel, seem to get whistled down if they just look at another player the wrong way. Which is particularly frustrating when both teams are just playing good physical hockey, and the refs let a bunch of stuff go, and then call some ticky tacky penalty, often against the flow of play. 

Of course, all fans complain about their team getting a raw deal from the zebras, but I really think we have a case in Vancouver. And seeing what the Leafs get away with sure doesn’t help.

Good points but I would argue - the opposite - and instead, of expecting the Zebras to call everything by the book: just let both teams play instead.  Collect your six figure salary and don't get notice in the ice for the wrong reason...

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Choosing Demko over Markstrom is looking pretty good on management. Loved Marky but he's having injury troubles again at a key time, while Demko is here establishing himself as a starter.

At his best Marky is still (probably) better, but given age, injury history, and contract. We made the right decision. 

agree to some extent and disagree to some extent at the same time. You have to admit that Demko didn't look good at the Tavares shot from the outside. I bet Marky would have made a save on this one. I am fully aware that this is just one play and that we have to look at the bigger picture.

39 minutes ago, stawns said:

I still would have traded him at the draft, but never for Dumba though

Traded Boeser for what? Unless he was going to bring a young top 4D and a top 6 forward then that would be stupid. Not like we have scoring forwards to spare now. Trading our young players who were calder nominees is stupid.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

agree to some extent and disagree to some extent at the same time. You have to admit that Demko didn't look good at the Tavares shot from the outside. I bet Marky would have made a save on this one. I am fully aware that this is just one play and that we have to look at the bigger picture.

Maybe but those plays happen to all goalies. Markstrom wasn't perfect.

Even if Demko is 80% of what Markstrom brought its good consider contract & Marky's injury history. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Yeah, but having Calgary win is bad for us too. They have the same amount of points as us now, with fewer games played. At some point after we pass CAL, we have to hope for Edmonton to lose too... so we'll be cheering for multiple teams. :(

Honestly its just too little too late for Canucks at this point. They have to go on a huge win streak like 10 wins in a row and hope that a team falters aside from Calgary. it looks bleak with 28 games to go. I hope they can make it but I just dont see it because our D is still weak and our bottom 6 is bad.

3 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

without EP40, Canucks strong on checking, puck battling 

I say maybe we should put EP40 on a separate line. so ee could have 3 lines spread out. A line of Motte-EP40-Gaudette would probably allow us to roll 4 lines.