The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Summer Olympics & The International Doping Scandal - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS

Rate this topic

Just now, Master Radishes said:

Aladeen. Dude. Stop please. You have a tendency, outside of Mafia, to tunnel into your worldview and stubbornly insist on being correct. You're doing that here. You seem to be putting the blame on Alison and not accepting any of your own.

I agree that your initial comment was not coming from a place of transphobia. I don't think you're transphobic, and I think Alison maybe misinterpreted that.

But you also seem to be ignoring that it was your comments that started the problem in the first place. I get that you have an immediate distrust of anyone associated with hoggers and his crew. I don't blame you for that; I'm not a fan of them either. Alison knows them, but is not one of them. Your immediate assumption otherwise was out of line, and your subsequent questioning of her gender online was just...out of left field. I don't know why you decided to go there, but it felt to me like a deliberate attempt to provoke her in a way that was uncalled for.

Alison is a really cool person who I've played with, chatted with, and generally just known for quite some time now. I've previously invited her to come place with us and I was so happy she finally did. I'm actually really upset that now she immediately has been made to feel unwelcome.

If Alison is not part of hoggers crew then I apologize for any statement made in that regard but calling me transphobic was a nuclear response to something that should never have been linked to anything I posted. 

My whole life I have never judged someone for who they chose to be, even when I grew up in the 90s when homosexual slurs were the worst thing a boy could do to another boy. My niece is a trans boy who has ultra conservative Christian parents and has runaway to stay with me multiple times because of how his home life is. 

So if being associated with hogger’s crew was uncomfortable for Alison I’m sorry about that, but being labeled transphobic is light years beyond that for me and the whole thing was brought to a level it never needed to go to and not by me radish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For the record Aladeen I have posted pictures of myself on both Syndicate and BFC servers and MR can attest to that. I am a trans girl and being accused of being a guy pretending to be a girl is extremely offensive. If you don't intend to be transphobic then don't say inflammatory statements like that. That's all I have to say. I'll join the next game and hopefully it'll be better.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

If Alison is not part of hoggers crew then I apologize for any statement made in that regard but calling me transphobic was a nuclear response to something that should never have been linked to anything I posted. 

My whole life I have never judged someone for who they chose to be, even when I grew up in the 90s when homosexual slurs were the worst thing a boy could do to another boy. My niece is a trans boy who has ultra conservative Christian parents and has runaway to stay with me multiple times because of how his home life is. 

So if being associated with hogger’s crew was uncomfortable for Alison I’m sorry about that, but being labeled transphobic is light years beyond that for me and the whole thing was brought to a level it never needed to go to and not by me radish.

I don't believe you to be transphobic, and I think she jumped to conclusions about your comment in that way.

But I do think you 'started it' in the sense of being immediately aggressive towards her, and by accusing her of faking her gender online. That was unnecessary, and I think she has a right to be upset at you for how you treated her.

If she does come back for another game eventually, I hope we can start fresh.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Alison Air said:

For the record Aladeen I have posted pictures of myself on both Syndicate and BFC servers and MR can attest to that. I am a trans girl and being accused of being a guy pretending to be a girl is extremely offensive. If you don't intend to be transphobic then don't say inflammatory statements like that. That's all I have to say. I'll join the next game and hopefully it'll be better.

Then I do apologize for my post but never did it cross my mind for one second to link any Trans person with pretending to be anything. So if that is how it did come across to you then I sincerely apologize and wish I could take that back and if you’d like to continue playing this game then I would be willing to sub out instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
21 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

what do dav and bj have to do with this?

seems like just regular banter and you're*** painting this picture

Have you read the game?  CaDucks asked for a summary and I gave a summary.  Those are the players that have been suspected?  Why are you so quick to ignore that and focus in on me?  You might just be protecting your teammates.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Have you read the game?  CaDucks asked for a summary and I gave a summary.  Those are the players that have been suspected?  Why are you so quick to ignore that and focus in on me?  You might just be protecting your teammates.

everyone has had some sort of suspicions so far im not sure why you had to make a victim impact statement and throw them in the group with you

Just seems weird

Bj and dav aren't tickling my fancy quite like you are at this second

• Like 1
Just now, naslund.is.king said:

everyone has had some sort of suspicions so far im not sure why you had to make a victim impact statement and throw them in the group with you

Just seems weird

Bj and dav aren't tickling my fancy quite like you are at this second

Reading back on the thread they both generated interest and votes...

Why on Earth would I make a TL;DR post only mentioning one player being "suspect"?  That would have no benefits for myself and town in a whole.

Besides myself who else is tickling your interests?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BoKnows said:

Reading back on the thread they both generated interest and votes...

Why on Earth would I make a TL;DR post only mentioning one player being "suspect"?  That would have no benefits for myself and town in a whole.

Besides myself who else is tickling your interests?

Baby only you can tickle me the way you do

The rest have nothing on you

Gc wont play with me soo...

• Like 1