The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Summer Olympics & The International Doping Scandal - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS

Rate this topic

GC DM AV

My scum leans

I expected Caducks to interact a little more for coming all the way down here to sign up for mafia. The soul read from MR on DM could be classic MR when 3 days from now he quotes himself and tells us he told us so. I have trouble reading lurkers so far in my storied mafia career, however. I actually despise the 'stand back and let others do the work' strategy

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Davathor said:

And then some reaction posts between her and LL like "bull$&!#"  "no u" etc, up to yesterday morning anyhow.

Not engaging with anyone, reactionary defence and trying to cruise under the radar is NOT what I expect from a town GC. Could be the fallout from BK being tunneled so early... duck for cover and hope we overlook her?

I would quote Caducks game but its been woefully non impactful and I would say inactive if I didn't see him in active users list without posting a half dozen times

4 minutes ago, Davathor said:

GC DM AV

My scum leans

I expected Caducks to interact a little more for coming all the way down here to sign up for mafia. The soul read from MR on DM could be classic MR when 3 days from now he quotes himself and tells us he told us so. I have trouble reading lurkers so far in my storied mafia career, however. I actually despise the 'stand back and let others do the work' strategy

Caducks not even worth thinking about at this point either will be GKed or give us more info later.

Choco though is scum.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Caducks not even worth thinking about at this point either will be GKed or give us more info later.

Choco though is scum.

I did state i don't buy Alison "soul read" before yeeting herself. A real maf player would help whoever has to pick up their game if possible. Didnt clear Al/Choc in any way

Not to mention her soul read was unsurprisingly you as scum hahaha

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Davathor said:

So based on your non effort are you on your sus list?

No, I just mean to say that I could safely clear Aladeen as town because of effort.

Not surprised you (scum) are trying to read too much into this.

• Like 2
On 3/14/2021 at 11:33 AM, Chocolate said:

Hello, glad to play and meet everyone, my name is Michelle and you can ask me anything (almost) 

I have to catch up, and some game related ideas would be appreciated 

Let’s look at Michelle’s game here from the get go. First post, first lie game related ideas would be appreciated. I gave that to her as you will see and zero appreciation 

On 3/14/2021 at 11:52 AM, Chocolate said:

Got it, 11 PM, how time is it now? 

Please take note I am from East Europe so I am far far away 

This shows she wants to know when the round ends. But wait cause this will come in play later.

On 3/14/2021 at 12:00 PM, Chocolate said:

Cool, i will take the game from the start then, wish me luck

Great she’s gonna put in her due diligence and give us some feedback on how the game is going, can’t wait for some new insight on all these players

On 3/14/2021 at 12:03 PM, Chocolate said:

Thanks

Her thanking I think NIK for letting her know exactly when the round will end.

On 3/14/2021 at 12:14 PM, Chocolate said:

And your concern is... ? 

My home forum has this feature since forever, is common sense for me, but in mafia games we don't talk about it, because we consider that angleshooting. 

Page 6 and game didn't start.. Catching up is slow :shrug:

She’s slowly but surely making her way through the thread only on page 6 but she must have some real valuable insights into the game by the time she catches up.

On 3/14/2021 at 12:39 PM, Chocolate said:

Good to know, I will take note of the read too ^^

This is in response to MR saying that I introduced CDC to powerwolfing - not sure that is accurate but I’ll take it.

On 3/14/2021 at 1:43 PM, Chocolate said:

I reached page 12 and it's late at me, I will go to sleep. 

It's obvious that everyone knows everyone and there are traditions like the night action mentioned in the thread  I try to remember who's who for now, i had this feeling last time playing an anonymous game. 

An hour an 30 minutes to read 6 more pages!!! Fook Me this player is going deep into each post. Her analysis is going to be lit! 

21 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Is your Poe always half of the playerslist? 

From what I read LL looks like an enthusiastic villager, MrRadishes is never in my day 1 lynch list, and for more I have to read, i am currently at page 16

I didn't l like DMs question i quoted, was unnecessary 

I would like some meta knowledge 

Hmmmmm one little question setting up a reason to vote the local powerwolf. Page 16 and  the hottest takes are LL looks villagery and she didn’t like DMs questions.

asks for meta knowledge - fair, maybe it’s necessary for her in depth analysis she’s been working so hard on, I oblige:

20 hours ago, Aladeen said:

first round POE should be at least half the playerlist IMO, where you getting your intel from? If it's just the main thread then your own POE should be almost the whole playerslist with your lack of meta knowledge of most of the players here.

LL is probably as you say, Radishes won't be D1 yeet and DM is playing well within normal town meta - unnecessary or rather questions he doesn't expect a response to and obnoxious gifs are what he does. 

BJ - should be leading the town - this guy was VT like a million times in a row but lately he has been more scum than town.

AV - if he is scum he is much more involved in scum chat that he would be in the main thread. 

Qwags - Hasn't posted yet that I've seen but he generally gets by on "Qwaggin" which is somewhat clueless or unrelated series of posts that have little to do with the game at hand - not alignment indicative one way or the other really but tends to be easier to sort out in later rounds.

Davathor - pretty new, and I don't think I've seen his scum game but he seems townie to me

NIK - playing like town NIK 

Caducks - I have no clue

BK - almost for sure caught scum like I said. He is antispew imo... I think his flip gives us the most to work with next round. 

GC - hard to read generally speaking, posts tend to be one liners or random votes, but this game LL seems to be getting scum vibes and no doubt something feels off about their posts and I get the sense that BK/GC is very probably w/w. We will see. 

MR - town MR always goes after me from the get go, so him putting me as a town read with so little posting from me is sus for sure. 

As for you why I have you as a scum lean is angleshooty at best so I won't comment on it beyond this. 

I think my meta background on all the players is pretty fair and should give a noob a good sense of how I see the other players. 

20 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I start with building a town core, and I try to clear few players and have a circle of trustworthy people, according the benefit of the doubt

I usually suspect people with large Poe, so I keep for now Alison's vote. 

yet she never did build a town core, never tried to clear a few players and how can she know they are trustworthy without either referring to my meta analysis or getting it from others? 

And there it is a weak ass reason to keep or vote the local PW.

19 hours ago, Chocolate said:

You know everyone, you know how and whom to pocket and you think I don't have reads after playing less than 1 game day. 

When I play with people I know my town core is solid early in the game and I never have a big Poe. 

You post generalities and a make a whimsical push tbh

I never thought she didn’t have reads, but she certainly didn’t share them with me or anyone else in this thread, maybe mafia chat but I can’t speak to that. She never has a big PoE? I say BS on her magical first round ability to know who is town as villager. 

Then she tries to solidify her vote on me by saying I post in generalities when I said for sure BK was caught scum. When I gave her the meta knowledge she was looking for which she stated in the beginning she would be most appreciative of? 

“LL seems like an enthusiastic villager” 

”I don’t like DMs questions I quoted”

”people with large PoEs are sus” 

vs

“BK is caught scum”

which set of quotes are generalities? Which would include a “whimsical push?”

19 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Vote Aladeen 

I don't hide sir, I am used that the host keeps the vote of the slot 

At least now she can’t hide behind someone else’s vote on me her vote for a townie with a whimsical push is now on display for all to see.

12 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I bet i was here browsing all night, I am phone posting and i let my browser open on this page

Maybe? But so what? Just a post for the sake of posting something rather than nothing but still a nothing post. 

When is Eod? 

she knew remember? 

Idk

lets try to call him here @BoKnows can you explain? 

oh scum mate has no hope now? How does one get on the right side of a red flip? Need some justification amirite?

Vote Bo

I think you are right LL

technically never unvoted so I don’t think this vanity vote should count. Props to LL I suppose who was voting GC - makes sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

GC AV Choc my scum leans

Removed DM for now because I was confusing him for MR. Its DM that had the seeing eye claims, MR has red skin and tastes like horseradish.

I like your detective pikachu'ing, deen. Her D1 play was weak for a supposed 'very good' player

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Nice night skipping

I am going to work :(

Who showed up after Eod and didn't post before knew that the next phase is day and just one is villager . I will check the thread in 8 hours or so 

Take a note of this post right after nf. “Who showed up after EOD and didn’t post before knew that the next phase is day and just one is villager”

Now grammar issues aside she is trying to say that people who posted after NF and didn’t before are scum except for one who she doesn’t name.

11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I always need night phase to rest and often to focus on other games too, but idk where you found the idea I am upset 

I am not claiming, i am posting an idea 

My vote was a conclusion of the fact Bo didn't show up after i pinged him. 

Your post it's a strech to justify a push. Is this your narrative? 

Now “your post it’s a stretch to justify a push” 

which is exactly what she was trying to fucxken do with her last post. 

Still Zero analysis from the hours of her first round read through

She has been constantly trying to reflect on to me the things that she is doing (whimsical push, trying to justify a push) since MR made his post about me being the local pw. 

she is just as caught scum as BK was last round anyone who is town should be voting for her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

GoCanucks16 is clean.  It's very obvious.

On effort alone to game-solve, Aladeen is also clean.

43 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

No, I just mean to say that I could safely clear Aladeen as town because of effort.

AV is posting like a scum who has mentally checked out. 

Town just voted a mafia out and got a doc save, yet his tone is defensive and his reads have not developed legs.

Unvote vote AV

• Like 2
On 3/15/2021 at 10:13 AM, Alain Vigneault said:

Town:
Alain Vigneault (duh)

Master Radishes 
GoCanucks16
Blue Jay 22

Aladeen
naslund.is.king

BoKnows

Mafia:
Davathor
DarthMelvin

luckylager

falcon45ca (Where is that guy?  Seriously, liking every post and not even saying a word?  How rude)

No idea on our new friends from The Syndicate.  Maybe 2 town, maybe 1 town and 1 mafia, or 2 mafia.  Or maybe a cult (oooh scary scary)

Ok

19 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

You guys just gonna let luckylager live while his teammates waltz right in and save him?

GoCanucks16 100% town.

BOOK IT.

Instead of BK, who was in a tailspin

Like it's so obvious I was meme'ing with my list of Town and Mafia reads but then you have Qwags (who I didn't even know was playing tbh) also post that falcon45ca is being too suspicious.  Talk about sheeping the always-trustworthy-never-ever-tricky Alain Vigneault, eh?

luckylager/Qwags/Blue Jay 22/Davathor/DarthMelvin - 2 out 3 gotta be in that list, if not 3/3

Go :canucks: Go

Oh it was a meme, thats why it was so bad. You missed BK, again.

19 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

That’s a terrible list 

True

What's with all the food items playing games recently?  Coconuts, Chocolate, are we gonna get a Granola to sign up for next game too?

Seems we've most past the days of beluga whales, lords of time, and 17th century philosophers stuck on islands after horrible plane crashes.

Way more interesting than addressing your 2nd ridiculous list in a row. Honestly want to hear more about 17th century philosophers

53 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I hope you don't blame me for feeling infinitely more safe on your scum list than your town list, which both look like they were picked out of a hat. Or were you memeing me? Its hard to tell. 

vote AV

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

AV is posting like a scum who has mentally checked out. 

Town just voted a mafia out and got a doc save, yet his tone is defensive and his reads have not developed legs.

Unvote vote AV

It’s hard for me to see that my two scum buddies from my Magnum opus scum game are scum buddies again yet playing so terribly but I think you might be right about the last two being Choco and Av. If not AV then I think probably GC. Qwags and Caducks don’t even factor into the game at this point from my POV. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

It’s hard for me to see that my two scum buddies from my Magnum opus scum game are scum buddies again yet playing so terribly but I think you might be right about the last two being Choco and Av. If not AV then I think probably GC. Qwags and Caducks don’t even factor into the game at this point from my POV. 

I don’t know who the 3rd one is from the pool of Qwags/DM/Caducks, but a dueling wagon of Choco and AV is appropriate this round for sure. Or maybe it’s even both. But I think the town have the PoE right and narrowed to the remaining suspects.

• Like 2

All game events aside, I gotta be honest, this game isn't really fun for me anymore :( 

People just suspect me all the time and it's tiresome to play every game on this fine line.  You would think that after years and years of being voted out incorrectly, people would learn to tread lightly with suspecting me.  I guess not.   Like, everything I've done this game has been seen as suspicious and I'm not even sure why/how lol.  I just laugh because what else can I do.  Maybe a few years ago I would have responded better to this stuff but these days I just couldn't care.  Different game but same story.

I don't even want have it in me to gamesolve anymore because _____ forbid if I get something wrong, I get reamed like no tomorrow for it.  Those last few incidents in particular w/ luckylager and Aladeen have really turned my interest from this game.  Not saying they didn't have a right to get mad at me but I've just lost the tolerance for that sort of stuff on my end.

I love the mafia family but mafia itself has really lost its shine for me in present times.  Luckily, we have some new people from the other forums that have joined us so that should hopefully keep games/activity going.

If Sharpshooter would still like to play, I'm sure we can arrange for him to sub in on my behalf should faclon45ca allow it.  If not, I'm happy to finish this one off because falcon45ca is the GOAT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3