The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 8, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Man handled Weber along the boards on one shift. Its nice to have a guy that's not afraid to get nasty.

The way he's playing now I hope we bring him back. 

Definitely, all he'd cost us is money 

I'd much rather do that than spend assets trying to acquire someone who "might" play well with Hughes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Facts:

4 years, well under 500

worse record than Willie with a much better roster 

entire league dealt with this season, not just us. In fact we should have been sharper 

demko saved our skin but like last year people refuse to see the tire fires 

green’s cult just lives on 

greens cult?, know ones praising green for this win, its on demko for the most part.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

The Canucks have been playing sound defence of late, even more so since Miller has been moved to centre. Pettersson played as a winger when he was drafted - perhaps that is what he really is. Either that or we have suddenly got great depth at centre when he returns.

Night and day since the start of the year. I think a lot of it stems from Hamonic and Schmidt playing a lot more comfortable.

I thought we missed Petey tonight more then the Toronto games. 

Also I’m fine with Petey playing wing when he gets back. He’s so young it’s not a big deal. I think his future is a Center but we gotta do what works for right now 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

in all reality i hope myers is taken by seattle the giraffe takes bad penalties and  is pretty soft.

Hoping benning resigns hamonic juolevi tryamkin edler

hughes hamonic   hamonic can babysit out phemon on d side of things 

juolevi schmidt       think these two match  nicely 

edler tryamkin monster shutdown duo 

rathbone    he will knock on door as well

myers has played his best hockey this season. Dude has been a solid in most games

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Going to be tough 

oilers way up with games in hand 

Montreal has a bunch in hand 

plus all 4 point games 

As of now I’m keepin the faith not lookin good but if we Miss I feel confident in drafting

14 minutes ago, apollo said:

Wait hold up, how did we not deserve the win lol? 

How many posts / crossbars did we hit? I lost count... How many times did the puck trickle by their yawning cage? 

Their only danger was from the puck Myers saved from the goal line but we had like 4 or 5 more instances to their 1. 

Teams playing real good. Gutsy effort and definitely deserved the win imo 

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Definetely deserved the win. 

No quit. Denver was his regular suoer star self. Team played hard and tied it 40 secs in 3rd. 

That's a game we deserve to win.. 

No Quit.

The team came out fairly flat for the first 50 mins of the game, poured on the pressure in the final 10 mins to tie it. Most of those posts, and near misses happened within those final 10 mins. As John Garrett said at the beginning of the third period...scoring chances were in favor of Montreal 7-4.

When you play 1/6 of the hockey game like you care, no you don't deserve the win.

The fact is Demko held them in it until the rest of the team woke up. That is not by my definition a deserved win, rather Demko stole us a game.