The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 8, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Yup. And if he wants to stay in Western Canada maybe we can get him on a decent contract.

Its a great opportunity for him aswell to play with a guy like Hughes, could help extend his career. Even when Rathbone comes up that could be a good pair. 

Absolutely, because I'd much rather he come to us than Winnipeg, Edmonton, or back to Calgary.. 

I wouldn't sign him long term given he'll be 31 in August, but a three year deal would probably be fair 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

6 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Why don't coaches ever say " we crushed them or those guys looked slow and weak" when talking about the opposition why always praise them? Inauthentic to called every team "good" cause they aren't.

I agree lol

Edited by Cromeslab
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Did Green just say "Thats a good team down there" ... is this guy for real?

He needs some major media training, you can't keep repeating the same garbage and not be called out. So boring to keep repeating phrases.

In his defense hes a coach not a journalist.

Lol have you heard a Darryl sutter press conference lol?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Did Green just say "Thats a good team down there" ... is this guy for real?

He needs some major media training, you can't keep repeating the same garbage and not be called out. So boring to keep repeating phrases.

Why would a Leafs fan care? What's a leaf fan doing here anyways?

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Absolutely, because I'd much rather he come to us than Winnipeg, Edmonton, or back to Calgary.. 

I wouldn't sign him long term given he'll be 31 in August, but a three year deal would probably be fair 

I'd do a 2 year deal for sure. Maybe 3 if the cap hit is low enough.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Agree with you devron.  There were times Vancouver got hemmed in their own zone but the Canucks pressured them too. BB owned them in OT when he was on the ice.  

Thank you. I felt at times the Canadiens were giving it to us and we made a few mistakes and Demko bailed us out. But when you look at it it was very even over the period of 65 minutes. We had some legit chances and posts too 

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, BPA said:

Liking JV doing the power moves to the net.  Should have drew a penalty with that MTL stick in his skates.  Guadette was snake bitten for so long.  Glad he got that blistering shot off - post - and in.

Agreed, but I was shocked to see him, and even Sutter play over Hogz in OT. It was pretty shocking tbh

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I'd do a 2 year deal for sure. Maybe 3 if the cap hit is low enough.

Two would be ideal, but given he'll likely be a ufa RD with multiple suitors I could easily see him getting three 

• Cheers 1

lots of falling down tonight - ice at Rogers that bad?

I also did not think they were gonna pull that off - eating crow - but glad the Hockey Gawd  tied it up.  Bo stepping up when he needed too

And Demko - 1st Star

27 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I honestly don’t get the Canucks played awful comments. Outside the PP (that was embarrassing) That was an even ass game. It’s like some of you guy see what you want to see. 

I thought we were the 2nd best team through 40, but picked it up in the third period & then dominated OT. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, KingRaj91 said:

Agreed, but I was shocked to see him, and even Sutter play over Hogz in OT. It was pretty shocking tbh

i'd like to see hogz and virt out there together, hogz is such a workhorse and wins battles like crazy could feed virtanen and let him use his speed for breakaways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1