The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 8, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

12 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Maybe covering for the guy who was supposed to be on the point to prevent a short handed goal?

regards,  G.

Perhaps.  I don't remember that, as it seemed he was there for a while, but I could be wrong

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

7 year rebuild?

How long did the Blackhawks take?

Panthers?

Avalanche?

I can’t  get over the accepted losing culture 

A long time, as someone else detailed.

I feel like going from one elite core (that competed for a cup) to a whole new elite core within 10 years is actually pretty good. 

Some teams have wandered through the desert without an 'elite' team for far longer. EG:

Toronto (early 2000's until Matthews)

Columbus & Minnesota (the whole time they've been in the league)

Chicago (when their games weren't even televised locally)

Edmonton

Buffalo

Calgary (outside of 04 & a good season 2 years ago, have been spinning their tires since the mid 90's)

New York Islanders

Washington (Until getting Ovie)

Arizona

Panthers (1 playoff series since 2012, and a long drought before that) 

exc, exc.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The team came out fairly flat for the first 50 mins of the game, poured on the pressure in the final 10 mins to tie it. Most of those posts, and near misses happened within those final 10 mins. As John Garrett said at the beginning of the third period...scoring chances were in favor of Montreal 7-4.

When you play 1/6 of the hockey game like you care, no you don't deserve the win.

The fact is Demko held them in it until the rest of the team woke up. That is not by my definition a deserved win, rather Demko stole us a game. 

34 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Fact is Demko is part of the team.

Yes, but perhaps you missed the "until the rest of the team woke up" part. 

Demko part of the team...yes, there are also 18 other skaters who make up that team who did not show up...facts

27 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Huggy was pretty bad there for sure, but wtf is Bo doing on the point when he is supposed to be in the slot for his signature PP goal.  no brainer w 5-3, but for some reason he stayed back.

Glad the boys came back and stole this one.  Suck it, zebras!

Bo definitely looked uncomfortable there.  

• Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Fact is Demko is part of the team.

I don’t get when people  the excuse of a goalie stealing a game. You’re exactly right, the goalie is a part of the team. Arguably the most important part of the team. 

Edited by Kenny Blankenship
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

If we can ever find the wing depth to run Miller-Pettersson-Horvat down the middle I think we’re going to give the league a run for their money. 

Boeser-Hoglander-Virtanen-Podkolzin-Lind

is a good start

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Demko making a push for team MVP.

Brock better start burying those chances ;)

Brock has upped his game and it's impressing me. I've had my doubts but, tonight he showed a real desire to win.

Jake is such a conondrum.  Solid game again.  If only he could start the season looking as quick and assertive as he does now.  

And if Gaudette gets going...

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

7 year rebuild?

How long did the Blackhawks take?

Panthers?

Avalanche?

I can’t  get over the accepted losing culture 

The panthers ? that might be one of the worst franchises to pick,

hawks were garbage from 2000-2008

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

Agree but I think Hamonic should be the guy we re-sign. I’ve liked his game a lot since he came back from injury 

I think Hamonic gets resigned, but after the ED, so he doesn't have to be protected. Nobody is going to sign him before the ED.  He will be promised an honest shot at top-4 minutes as QH's security blanket and PK1, it's hard to turn that down. JB will resign Benn, expose him and if he doesn't get taken, he goes back to being our #7-8 guy.

Edited by canuckleheads fan
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

What a game!

That 5-3 and the players just standing there was sooooooooo bad. We had the play and after that MON took over the game. Still gave them another loser point. 

Glad we got the two pts though.

During the 5-3 and at other times later in the game, I wondered if QH was concussed by that first period big hit. He was awful tonight.

• Upvote 1