The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 8, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

How the hell does Pearson have a solidified top 6 role on this team including pp time? 

Just blows my mind he's constantly getting ice and really doesn't provide anything. 

Was thinking the exact same thing last night. Hes been riding bos coat tails for too long. I've seen CDC users advocating for benning to resign him but I dont see what he brings to the table. Hes not fast. Doesnt have any grit. Okay ish shot. Okay ish defensively. The only good thing he did last game was dump toffoli. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Dirtman said:

Had to catch up to the forums and made a collection of my favorites! But this one takes the cake:

What a finish, definitely didn't think he'd do it but the madman did it! Feels good.

Yes! Now he can go the rest of the year being a disappointment xD

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, 87Crosby said:

I love the sentiment that Demko's got the net and he owns it but I would be really worried about him burning out like Markstrom when Calgary rode him hard at the start of the season. Let's make sure our guy is getting rest so he can continue to win games for us. Have to find a balance between riding the hot hand and giving him rest and letting Holtby keep us in games. Hopefully when Petty comes back we should be able to score a bit more to get goal support for our net minders. 

Demko is 6 years younger . Once u go over 30 , I feel like it effects you more.  Not worried about demko. 

20 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Was thinking the exact same thing last night. Hes been riding bos coat tails for too long. I've seen CDC users advocating for benning to resign him but I dont see what he brings to the table. Hes not fast. Doesnt have any grit. Okay ish shot. Okay ish defensively. The only good thing he did last game was dump toffoli. 

I’m not a big fan of Pearson either but since Jake joined that line I don’t think they’ve given up a 5v5 goal while getting matched against our opponents top line. As long as they keep that going and chip in with the occasional goal I’m willing to look past their failings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Demko is 6 years younger . Once u go over 30 , I feel like it effects you more.  Not worried about demko. 

Heh, part of me doesn't mind if Holtby gets the next start since the 8pm start may be a little late for Demko's routine. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, hlinkas wrister said:

I’m not a big fan of Pearson either but since Jake joined that line I don’t think they’ve given up a 5v5 goal while getting matched against our opponents top line. As long as they keep that going and chip in with the occasional goal I’m willing to look past their failings.

Fair enough. I'm just thinking out loud here hes not a top 6 guy imo. I'd take him as a 3lw but hed have to sign for 3m. If he wants more ship him out at the tdl for whatever.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

I think Hamonic gets resigned, but after the ED, so he doesn't have to be protected. Nobody is going to sign him before the ED.  He will be promised an honest shot at top-4 minutes as QH's security blanket and PK1, it's hard to turn that down. JB will resign Benn, expose him and if he doesn't get taken, he goes back to being our #7-8 guy.

I think that's the right move. Benn may get more term and money as a reward for signing early to be exposed for the ED otherwise there's no incentive for him to sign early. 

My hope is that we sign him for 6D money and he gets picked up at the ED otherwise he becomes an expensive 7-8D

Edited by CanucksJay

I'd love for Holtby to embrace the role of backup by playing solid hockey when called upon.
I personally thought it was obvious going into this season that Thatcher was our 1A guy, but I really did think Holtby would be a capable 1B.

So far, he hasn't even been a very good backup. But Thatcher can't play every game, and we're gonna need Holts to step it up when he gets the crease.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, nergish said:

I'd love for Holtby to embrace the role of backup by playing solid hockey when called upon.
I personally thought it was obvious going into this season that Thatcher was our 1A guy, but I really did think Holtby would be a capable 1B.

So far, he hasn't even been a very good backup. But Thatcher can't play every game, and we're gonna need Holts to step it up when he gets the crease.

Holtby had a decent stretch when Demko was playing poorly. 

I think Holtby is definitely a capable backup but Demko is the man going forward 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1