The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 8, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, aznmonk said:

I thought petey is rw/center? 

The Alien plays wherever the Alien wants 

• Upvote 3
10 hours ago, HKSR said:

With how Miller looks in the middle between hogs and Boeser, even if Petey comes back, I would actually see if Petey can be another offensive weapon on a separate line.  Maybe something like Gaudette-Petey-Sutter as a 3rd scoring unit.  Would be awesome for depth.

Hogs-Miller-Boeser

Virtanen-Bo-Pearson

Gaudette-Petey-Sutter

Offensive threat on every line.

Initial reaction was for Petey to take Pearson's spot on 2nd line and leave the top line as is but if he can somehow get AG going on 3rd (Sutter has looked pretty good) that could be 3 solid lines

Exciting time ahead with Podkolzin and Rathbone taking steps, impact players. Next season other teams will be "what the fu....?"

First Boeser is a Calder candidate, then Pettersson arrives and wins the Calder, then Hughes joins the team as a Calder candidate, now we have Hoglander and who knows with this kid. Next season VAN will get Podkolzin and Rathbone. It's just a matter of getting the through the next 2 years: Luongo penalty, Roussel, Eriksson, Beagle, Holtby, Benn, Sutter, Baertschi, Ferland (and I'm assuming Edler) gone.  Then, the Canucks will be a force to be reckoned with.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
10 hours ago, timmylu1 said:

Id much rather give this a look. 

Pearson Miller Boeser

Petterson Horvat Hoglander 

Virtanen Sutter Gaudette  

10 hours ago, timmylu1 said:

Id much rather give this a look. 

Pearson Miller Boeser

Petterson Horvat Hoglander 

Virtanen Sutter Gaudette  

I like that and it got me thinking.

Pearson - Horvat - Petey .... this could be a great high min line. Could be used to match top lines while also scoring.

Pears: digs out pucks, works front of net, has a good shot/deflections.

Horvat: heavy on puck but not a great playmaker. Can bury and is great two way.

Petey - would be play driver, doesn’t need to be first guy back or down low. Can focus more on getting quality scoring chances.

hog - JT - Boeser .....this could be a high scoring 2nd line that would get easier match ups.

Hogz can be a puck hound play maker

miller can be be two way C with great play among ability

Boeser can be a great scorer who is still underrated two way

Then when Podz comes in he simply replaces Pearson.

10 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

Oh it'll be demko unless green looking to get fired this week.

Well according to the hockey guy he is exactly looking to get fired.

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Demko or Holtby?

Hoping we stick with the hot hand for now. He's on a roll!

Imo, with Holtbys' performance this year, he has earned the back up job and should see the ice only if Demmer needs a break; Demmer needs to experience the grind of what it takes to be a number 1 in the NHL...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
54 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Now he jinxed it....

On another note, I think we gave up multiple SHG against when we played the Habs, so I don't consider that as pretty good.

Roussel doing the pregame media availability today. Glad that such a foundational member of the team is speaking today. :lol:

• Hydration 1
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I miss Don. He had enough anti-establishment (NHL) callouts to keep fans interested. Unabashedly patriotic and a guy you knew grew up in the hockey ranks. He had seen the dark side of the sport yet was still a cheerleader. 

MacLean is a political animal. He tried to patch things up after his smear campaign on Burrows, I am sure, because the CBC/SN couldn't handle the fan blow up in Vancouver. Hurts revenue. Bieksa knows more about hockey than MacLean ever dreamt of just like Cherry did. MacLean is the type who cruises the cocktail lounge and runs for more drinks so that he can ingrate himself. No use for the guy. Oh, pass me another pop, Don. 

I would add that Weisbrod is very similar to Maclean - imo.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 8, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS