The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meghan & Harry & Oprah

UnkNuk

18 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's sad that the firm is stuck in the dark ages and refuses to progress or evolve.  And the media fuels all of this but it's propped up by the very people it tears down.

The fakeness of it all....just smile and do your job.  Time to get with the times and treat human beings as....human beings. 

Harry lost his mother and knows, all too well, how this could end.  It's horrible that just living a happy life is so difficult....even for someone of so much privilege who has traded it all in just to try and be "normal".  When you have children, that's what matters...nothing else.  Good for him for having his priorities intact.  Dad stopped taking his calls...how could you turn your back on your child, grown or not.  

What a dysfunctional mess.

And yeah...the part about "how dark the child's skin would be" is disgusting.  

I don't know how much truth there is in that - someone might have been joking (still disgusting) but Queen Charlotte is believed to be the first monarch with African descent:

"Some historians believe she possessed African ancestry, descended from a Portuguese royal and his Moorish mistress.

If true, it would make Queen Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, the mother of two British kings and the grandmother of Queen Victoria, the British Royal Family’s first multiracial member."

I am sure everyone in the current monarchy knows that.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

Page was the creative force behind LZ. He didn't just write the vast majority of the music but was integral in the recording and mastering of those albums. He did some stuff early on after but later felt like he should be more the steward of Led Zeppelin.  Plus he really got into heroin for awhile....

Wrote some, borrowed others.

I would...and like 15% of the Stones music...along with Bowie and the Clash. 

Supertramp would be on my list...

...I also think that The Dave Clark Five and The Kinks don't get their due...

• Like 1

Poor Harry was about to pay for his own security.... Boohoo....

His mother left him over 15 milllion.....   and he never had to pay a dime while a royal.........

The guy is cheaper than my miser accountant brother......

This soap opera only show that Royal family to all be a bunch of degenerates.....   makes them all look terrible. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Poor Harry was about to pay for his own security.... Boohoo....

His mother left his over 15 milllion.....   and he never had to pay a dime while a royal.........

The guy is cheaper than my miser accountant brother......

This soap opera only show that Royal family to all be a bunch of degenerates.....   makes them all look terrible. 

Perhaps you should clarify your facts before posting instead of skewing them and downright twisting them to suit your own personal bias and agenda?

You're sounding more jealous with each post.

• RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Perhaps you should clarify your facts before posting instead of skewing them and downright twisting them to suit your own personal bias and agenda?

You're sounding more jealous with each post.

Ask Jeeves....   PS not jealous... i feel sorry for anyone from that family...... looks like a brutal life living in an unloving emotionally empty family.....

Must be super hard being completely broke and down to your last 50 millions.....

Fast-forward to today, between their multiple business endeavors following their royal departure as well as the purchase of their new property in California, the pair has a reported collective net worth of $50 million, per Celebrity Net Worth.

image.jpeg

Edited by kingofsurrey

This thread is now about actual British royalty: Led Zeppelin....Pink Floyd, Cream and Queen may also be mentioned. 

What about the pistols,the damned,UK Subs,the stranglers,anti- nowhere league ?

Edited by Ilunga

36 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Ask Jeeves....   PS not jealous... i feel sorry for anyone from that family...... looks like a brutal life living in an unloving emotionally empty family.....

Must be super hard being completely broke and down to your last 50 millions.....

Fast-forward to today, between their multiple business endeavors following their royal departure as well as the purchase of their new property in California, the pair has a reported collective net worth of $50 million, per Celebrity Net Worth.

image.jpeg

Point....over your head...but not really surprisingly so...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

They got paid $7 million to cry on Oprah's shoulder. Oprah sold the advert at $350,000 per 30 seconds. Alls good. 

Winfrey said at the beginning of the interview that the couple weren't being paid for the interview.

Which, of course, means that it was a very good deal for her.

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

He also did It Might Get Loud with Jack White.  Loved it.

Zeppelin was my band growing up....was obsessed with them.  I bought their complete songbook to "learn how to play" guitar.  Did not lol.  Also got this book from my ex 100 years ago.

I think Zeppelin was most everyone's band back then.   They were the biggest group in the world back in the seventies.

56 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

They got paid $7 million to cry on Oprah's shoulder. Oprah sold the advert at $350,000 per 30 seconds. Alls good. 

No, they did not. At least find out what you're talking about before hitting 'submit reply' :rolleyes:

Edited by Cerridwen

10 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

No, they did not. At least find out what you're talking about before hitting 'submit reply' :rolleyes:

Building the  Harry / Meghan brand with the Oprah interview is just good marketing.....        What a crappy soap opera about a bunch of entitled  people. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

3 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Page was the creative force behind LZ. He didn't just write the vast majority of the music but was integral in the recording and mastering of those albums. He did some stuff early on after but later felt like he should be more the steward of Led Zeppelin.  Plus he really got into heroin for awhile....

For sure. The way he used microphone placement to get such amazing sound quality in Led Zeppelin was incredible. Heroin did take a toll on him. In the early eighties, he looked like death warmed over. 

3 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

He spent years putting together the Led Zeppelin DVD and remastering the entire catalogue. Plus....how do you reach those highs again after Led &^@#in' Zeppelin...  ;) 

Led-Zeppelin-DVD-2003-2-Disc-Set

Yeah. I just wish Page had done more music after Zeppelin. He’s such an amazing talent.